Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India And China

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • India And China

    Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Exactly how would India provide additional strategic or economic support for the US vis-a-vis China?
    Deeper military ties on the Chinese western border and additional trade to offset disruption with Chinese trade via the trade war. The obvious ones.

  • #2
    Originally posted by statquo View Post
    Deeper military ties on the Chinese western border and additional trade to offset disruption with Chinese trade via the trade war. The obvious ones.
    1) Only the USSR had shown that they could take on mountains like the Himalayas. India and China ain't anywhere close to the Soviet Army so those mountains would be a real cold shower to any hot spot by both parties.

    2) China got the spending power. India doesn't.

    3) The US does not need India and India could not add anything of worth.

    4) India could use American help but in no way prepared to give away the kitchen sink for it.

    Comment


    • #3
      The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

      Comment


      • #4
        India ain't stupid enough to piss off a China throwing money away.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by statquo View Post
          Deeper military ties on the Chinese western border and additional trade to offset disruption with Chinese trade via the trade war. The obvious ones.
          Let's start with the border. What part of the US defensive strategy requires physical presence there?
          As for trade, that is between and among companies, not countries. Unless your strategy -- like The Trumpet's -- is to punish American consumers and companies that buy things from private companies in China (owned, for the most part [60-70%] by foreign investors) by forcing them to disrupt their supply chains unnecessarily, state intervention in private commerce isn't really a great national defense strategy.

          Next?
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DOR View Post
            Let's start with the border. What part of the US defensive strategy requires physical presence there?
            As for trade, that is between and among companies, not countries. Unless your strategy -- like The Trumpet's -- is to punish American consumers and companies that buy things from private companies in China (owned, for the most part [60-70%] by foreign investors) by forcing them to disrupt their supply chains unnecessarily, state intervention in private commerce isn't really a great national defense strategy.

            Next?
            Defensive hardware tenders and contracts are issued/signed by Governments. I also believe the US has a list 'preferred countries' for such deals?

            Comment


            • #7
              India cannot supply what China can, full stop. You cannot threaten China by telling them we will buy it from India, because India cannot export $300 billion of machinery that meets US standards. Indian physical exports to the US are basically raw materials, drugs, a few niche things, and food. Our biggest trade with them is services: think your outsourced call centers, but encompassing a lot of back-office functions like Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.

              India needs more money before it can seriously start butting heads with China in bribing African countries and buying out WHO Directors, but even if they get to that point, there's no guarantee Indian interest directionally match US interests. And it doesn't really help us if India starts bullying the NBA and ESPN so they butt-kiss Indian oppression and territorial claims, same way the ESPN recognizes nine-dash line and the NBA thinks genocide and Hong Kong are just different strokes for different folks.
              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                Indian oppression
                I find it a little problematical to speak like this in comparison to China. You may not like the current Indian PM but they do have elections and do not go around imposing new 'security laws' on their provinces.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Kashmiris are disagreeing with you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Uigurs, Hong Kongers, Tibetans, Tiananmen square students are not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by snapper View Post
                      The Uigurs, Hong Kongers, Tibetans, Tiananmen square students are not.
                      Red Herring. Strawman. The Kashmiris don't give a shit about Beijing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nor the Uigurs about Kashmir but when compares the wrongs of both China far surpasses India.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          Nor the Uigurs about Kashmir but when compares the wrongs of both China far surpasses India.
                          So what? The freaking point is that India demands American media to kowtow to them just as much as China does.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            India is a democracy that allows opposition rather than butchering their own students. Any comparison between the relative merits of India and China alleging "Indian oppression" is comparing peanuts to coconuts; both are nuts but one is considerably larger.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by snapper View Post
                              India is a democracy that allows opposition rather than butchering their own students. Any comparison between the relative merits of India and China alleging "Indian oppression" is comparing peanuts to coconuts; both are nuts but one is considerably larger.
                              And over 60,000 had died in Kashmir. So yap-yap-yap. No one here gives a shit about who has the bigger blood soaked dick.

                              GVChamp's points stands. India and China wants to censor American media. That's what is pissing Americans off. Foreigners telling Americans what to do, not what foreigners are doing to themselves.

                              Get off your moral high horse. Neither the US, India, nor China cares one single bit what you think. You don't have a say in how these 3 treat each other.
                              Last edited by WABs_OOE; 15 Jul 20,, 08:14.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X