No announcement yet.

Coronavirus: the Chinese Political Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The article is choke full of inaccuracies.

1) The death rate of COVID-19 is less than 1% world wide. Hardly a weaponized virus.
    2) It's concentrated in Wuhan is simply because that's where the virus mutated. All one has to do is look at ebola and see that the outbreak is EXTREMELY localized in every incidence to see that there's nothing un-natural about COVID-19's spread.
    3) The Wuhan lab is a world renowned lab. It is part of four labs in the world that is consistently shared research and meets American, Canadian, and French bio-hazzard security standards.
    4) All virologists stated that there is virtually no chance that COVID-19 came from a lab.
    Chimo

Comment

• Coronavirus was made in Wuhan lab, claims Chinese virologist

Xi has made many enemies. All of them will come together to hunt him down. Good for the world.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Meng_Yan

In July 2020, a press release from the University of Hong Kong (HKU) denied her claim and stated that "HKU notes that the content of the said news report does not accord with the key facts as we understand them. Specifically, Dr Yan never conducted any research on human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus at HKU during December 2019 and January 2020, her central assertion of the said interview. We further observe that what she might have emphasised in the reported interview has no scientific basis but resembles hearsay."[21] The press release did not mention when and why Yan left HKU.[22] According to the South China Morning Post, the director of HKU's School of Public Health, Keiji Fukuda, said in an internal memo to staff that none of the researchers named by Yan were involved in any cover-up or "secret research".[22]
        HKU is world renowned. So, another 15 minute fame seeker.
        Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post

HKU is world renowned. So, another 15 minute fame seeker.
          HongKong is inside CPC's pressure cooker, however, that is not my point. Xi, in trying to show his strongman image is making mistake after mistake. He has made enemies outside, and I guess inside too. 1 big mistake, and Xi is done for. Everywhere I read, everybody's gunning for Xi, even naysayers like tiny island nations.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Tiny island nations have zero say in who runs China.
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Wish she would just get on it with and publish

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                Tiny island nations have zero say in who runs China.
                Did it hurt that tiny island nations are standing upto the mighty dragon empire? Ouch!
                Last edited by Oracle; 17 Sep 20,, 00:46.

Comment

• Wuhan next-of-kin accuse China of blocking Covid lawsuits

Comment

• Twitter suspends Chinese virologist who says COVID-19 was made in Wuhan lab | NY Post | Sept 16 2020

They don't get twitter in China i thought...

Chinese virologist posts report claiming COVID-19 was made in Wuhan lab | NY Post | Sept 14 2020

Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a former researcher at the Hong Kong School of Public Health, posted a paper on the the open-access repository website Zenote, that she claims shows how SARS-CoV-2 could be “conveniently created” in a laboratory setting in six months.
                    hmm....

We now have a paper aka 'The Yan report'

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X1_G1mhKg2z

Our work emphasizes the need for an independent investigation into the relevant research laboratories.

It also argues for a critical look into certain recently published data, which, albeit problematic, was used to support and claim a natural origin of SARS-CoV-2.

From a public health perspective, these actions are necessary as knowledge of the origin of SARS-CoV-2 and of how the virus entered the human population are of pivotal importance in the fundamental control of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as in preventing similar, future pandemics.
                    Let's see how it fares in the community

There will be two reports, the first is above and for the layperson.

Presumably the second will be more technical and attract more attention.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Sep 20,, 00:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Did it hurt that tiny island nations are standing upto the mighty dragon empire? Ouch!
                      What does “hurt” have to do with anything, and who’s supposed to be the injured party?

Oh, wait: I get it!
                      You’re just mistaking me for China!
                      I’m tryng to point out a simple, non-ideological fact about geopolitics, but that hurt your feelings, so you had to try to turn it around.

Fail.
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

What does “hurt” have to do with anything, and who’s supposed to be the injured party?

Oh, wait: I get it!
                        You’re just mistaking me for China!
                        I’m tryng to point out a simple, non-ideological fact about geopolitics, but that hurt your feelings, so you had to try to turn it around.

Fail.
                        Geo-politics are ever evolving. Tiny island nations standing upto PRC didn't hurt anything of mine. You've worked in HK right? Stockholm syndrome. Fail.

Comment

Geo-politics are ever evolving. Tiny island nations standing upto PRC didn't hurt anything of mine. You've worked in HK right? Stockholm syndrome. Fail.
                          DOR is saying International relations does not work the same way as personal relations.

No emotions are involved.

Comment

Wow.
                            I worked in HK.
                            Get over it.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

Comment

Wow.
                              I worked in HK.
                              Get over it.
                              Don't like the bad press PRC is getting these days? ROFL!!!

Comment

Don't like the bad press PRC is getting these days? ROFL!!!
                                More like don't care.
                                I'm not as emotionally tied to China as you are.
                                It's just a job.
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X