X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Right, Sushant thinks Paks would be compelled to jump into the fray

Two front war | ORF | Jun 24 2020

He thinks it might happen within the next two years.

If one thinks of the Jun 15 incident, it seems provocative enough to get India to fire the first shot. This China would then seize upon as saying we were the aggressor and then justify their actions as self defense.
    We should have gone for 114 F-16s/shornets in 2014/15. 50% would have been delivered by now. What's the use of half a trillion of forex reserves if we can't stare down authoritarian regimes? We have fcuks for leaders, short term baniya mentality thinkers.

What China says doesn't matter, what the world seems to think matters. World opinion is on our side.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      It's Trump's twisted business sense talking.
      If we don't call it as such nobody else will.

Its the media that's been crying bloody murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        There can no longer be any doubt.

Chinese kung fu suicks!
        It's being addressed : )

China sent martial artists to India border before deadly clash: State media | ET | Jun 28 2020

Five new militia divisions including former members of a Mount Everest Olympic torch relay team and fighters from a mixed martial arts club presented themselves for inspection at Lhasa on June 15, official military newspaper China National Defense News reported.

State broadcaster CCTV showed footage of hundreds of new troops lining up in the Tibetan capital.

Tibet commander Wang Haijiang said the Enbo Fight Club recruits would "greatly raise the organization and mobilization strength" of troops and their "rapid response and support ability," China National Defense News reported, although he did not explicitly confirm their deployment was linked to ongoing border tensions.

Chinese and Indian troops clashed later that day in the most violent confrontation between the two powers in decades, in the Ladakh region 1,300 kilometres away.

The new troops were recruited with the aim of "strengthening the border and stabilizing Tibet," China National Defense News said.
        Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        Trust but verify. Both sides are just changing ROEs. This was a re-enforced platoon level kung fu fight. And I stress KUNG FU! This was a KUNG FU fight. Do you even realize how stupid that sounds. KUNG FU! NEITHER SIDE IS CHANGING THAT! Yeah your men are now to carry slung firearms with mags unloaded and no round chambered. Even on UN Patrols, we had mags locked even if no round chambered and our weapons are not slung. Your men ... and theirs will still use kung fu!
        None of the experts predicted this is how nuke powers would go at each other : D
        Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Jun 20,, 05:17.

Comment

• Prepare for India border row to escalate, Chinese strategists warn Beijing | SCMP | Jun 27 2020

Qiao Liang, a retired air force major general and military theorist, said that while the possibility of an all-out war between the two countries remained low, China needed to prepare for an escalation into an armed conflict.

“We should not overestimate India’s response, but we must also not let our guard down,” Qiao said in an article posted on his WeChat account.

China must “take the initiative” in case of a more serious military conflict along the border, he said.

If we must fight a war, we must strike quickly and contain the scale in a small and mid-sized war aimed at causing pain to our opponents and hence gaining respect via small wars,” he said, adding that such a victory would project China’s power to the United States and pro-independence forces in Taiwan.
          They want a short, sharp Indian defeat

Comment

I'm told there is no concept of friend in Chinese IR. Vassal or adversary.
            It's not unique to China, but I think the general idea is current province and future province. There's a slice of the Chinese movie Hero that highlights this concept - the idea that the world won't know peace until it's united under one ruler. In the Chinese cosmos of today, that ruler would sit in Beijing. China's current territory is the result of the patient accumulation of incremental gains. Obviously this wasn't a completely smooth process. Dynasties/regimes fell when they overextended themselves. Xi Jinping, like every Chinese ruler before him, is familiar with this history. It would be a big leap for him to do anything like Japan's massive push in WWII.

Nonetheless, if Japan hadn't gone to war with the US, it might have kept most of its gains, both in China and elsewhere. That's a sobering thought for many of China's neighbors that aren't aligned with the US through some kind of formal treaty. The other question is whether Uncle Sam is prepared to take the kind of punishment necessary to ward off China. The catcalls from nominal allies over multiple decades are having an effect on the willingness of the US to sacrifice its young men over distant lands.

Comment

I said it earlier somewhere, I'll say it again here now. China is the Nazi Germany of the 21st century. Just wait and watch for some more years.
              I'd say every version of China over the centuries is the China of the First Emperor who, like Alexander, set out to conquer the world. While his regime collapsed upon his death, the empire he founded has survived in at least the cultural sense - it is literally possible for someone in the present era to read, and comprehend, the original documents written in the First Emperor's time. The Chinese are nothing like the Nazis, but very similar to every other empire - they will eliminate threats to their rule via exemplary punishments, including massacres and penal colonies/gulags, but attempt to assimilate conquered peoples into the empire so as to harness their energies and to defend the expanded empire from external threats.

The Nazis, by contrast, were sui generis in not only wasting the energies of huge numbers of highly-capable captive peoples as menial labor, but actually attempting to exterminate them in their entirety. That's in part why Nazi Germany was defeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
                it is literally possible for someone in the present era to read, and comprehend, the original documents written in the First Emperor's time.
                Ehhh, no. Have you seen those scripts? I couldn't make heads or tails out of them and I grew up reading traditional. Good luck to the young ones who only learned simplified.
                Chimo

Comment

• Gentlemen, at this point, I would caution you to sit back and wait for the intel to come to you. Too much speculation and not enough data. Your army is ready to receive the enemy but no one is ready for war. There is not enough prep work on either side to initiate war. What's more. No one wants war. Else both sides would be rushing men and material to the front.

I realize that it is extremely hard to wait and do nothing but that is exactly what needs to be done right now.

Right now, just keep asking questions. Don't expect answers because the Chinese won't say squat.
                  Chimo

Comment

A short, sharp, intense fighting for territorial grab is what the IA has been wargaming for at least 2 decades keeping Pak in mind, as also Tibet.
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Gentlemen, at this point, I would caution you to sit back and wait for the intel to come to you. Too much speculation and not enough data. Your army is ready to receive the enemy but no one is ready for war. There is not enough prep work on either side to initiate war. What's more. No one wants war. Else both sides would be rushing men and material to the front.

I realize that it is extremely hard to wait and do nothing but that is exactly what needs to be done right now.

Right now, just keep asking questions. Don't expect answers because the Chinese won't say squat.
                      Agree. But men and material have been rushed to the front by both belligerants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
                        I'd say every version of China over the centuries is the China of the First Emperor who, like Alexander, set out to conquer the world. While his regime collapsed upon his death, the empire he founded has survived in at least the cultural sense - it is literally possible for someone in the present era to read, and comprehend, the original documents written in the First Emperor's time. The Chinese are nothing like the Nazis, but very similar to every other empire - they will eliminate threats to their rule via exemplary punishments, including massacres and penal colonies/gulags, but attempt to assimilate conquered peoples into the empire so as to harness their energies and to defend the expanded empire from external threats.

The Nazis, by contrast, were sui generis in not only wasting the energies of huge numbers of highly-capable captive peoples as menial labor, but actually attempting to exterminate them in their entirety. That's in part why Nazi Germany was defeated.
                        Gulags are already there in Xinjiang. Falun Gong members were exterminated. Tibet. Some more examples I can't re-collect as of now. I'm afraid if we wait another 20 years, my assumption will turn out to be correct. OTOH, I'd be glad if I'm wrong.

One thing to note, after the 1971 Liberation war, US warned China that India is becoming too powerful and had to be contained (Soviet Russia+India), or the PRC would be next in India's firing line. So you see, America made China what it is today, and I beileve America will break China. When, how, where IDK. I just believe.

Comment

If we don't call it as such nobody else will.

Its the media that's been crying bloody murder.
                          See, it could be what I said, or just paraphrasing error, nothing more. Why do we need America to respond with supporting statements all the time? Are we doing something wrong. Only the guilty seek support.

Comment

Agree. But men and material have been rushed to the front by both belligerants.
                            I would hardly call a few COY war prep.
                            Chimo

Comment

Falun Gong members were exterminated.
                              I side with the CCP on this one though I do not wish anyone to enter the Chinese Justice system. FLG are nothing more than snakeoil salesmen, asking its members to donate their entire life savings so the heads can have lavish lifestyles. Their claim to fame is the practice of "Chi" in which meditation and inner focus of will can heal the body of cancer and all other ailement.

This came to the point where practioners litterally set themselves and their children on fire to prove they can heal themselves. I have zero sympathies for FLG. Do what you want but leave the kids out of it.

The CCP crackdown is understandable. You have parents of CCP members who gave their life savings to this fraud and you think the their sons and daughters in the CCP won't go after them? They approached me (ethnic Chinese and all) and I set my dogs on them after they would not leave my property.
                              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 29 Jun 20,, 15:42.
                              Chimo

Comment

Gentlemen, at this point, I would caution you to sit back and wait for the intel to come to you. Too much speculation and not enough data. Your army is ready to receive the enemy but no one is ready for war. There is not enough prep work on either side to initiate war. What's more. No one wants war. Else both sides would be rushing men and material to the front.

Only way to interpret Modi saying there were no intrusions is to give the Chinese a way out. He does not care what the opposition thinks about it.

China not playing up the deaths of its soldiers is the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X