Border face-off: China and India each deploy 3,000 troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    I don't know if India plans to take the fight into Tibet. Things change in that scenario. If the Chinese account of the '86 standoff I posted earlier is true India did plan on extending its borders northward to the Yarlung.

If we are defending we can give them more than a bloody nose.

The only factor in question is staying power.

We'd need to be at it for at least a month.
    Tibet most definitely would be on the cards, why are we paying those men from Establishment 22 otherwise?

Nobody is going to deny us arms.
    Bloody correct. Times have changed.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      G.S. Panag? Lol, you didn't know? Hehehehe!
      I keep my eye on what these types say as it makes it easier to debunk people who post what they say ; )

Panag has some interesting points the problem is you can't tell when he starts his political sniping.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      As also the ITES industry.

I was expecting Modi to do that in 2014 just after he won election. Trust me, has India not been so protectionist of its trade policies, MNCs would have flocked to India starting then. Due to Covid-19 and job losses, now the GoI is relaxing labour laws, land acquisition laws etc. It should not take us a pandemic or getting kicked in the ass to do what should have been done in the 90s.
      But that's how things work. Had it not been for the balance of payments crisis we'd not have reformed and Narasimha takes all the credit for birthing that reform

Comment

But that's how things work. Had it not been for the balance of payments crisis we'd not have reformed and Narasimha takes all the credit for birthing that reform
        Congress takes the credit, Narasimha has been sidelined by the Congress long back.

India to buy 12 Sukhoi, 21 MiG-29s amid India-China standoff

Had Modi kicked off the 114 single engine jet fighters project, IAF would have had at least 40 in its arsenal by now. What a waste of time. Nobody learns from the past.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Army issues robust rules of engagement after India-China face-off in Ladakh

After the barbaric assault and murder of Colonel Santosh Babu and other Indian soldiers in a pre-meditated attack by Chinese troops, Army men on the ground have been given more robust rules of engagement along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The Indian Army is not treating the murderous assault by Chinese soldiers at Patrol Point 14 as a sudden flare-up but a well planned and ruthlessly executed operation.
          "The Chinese soldiers were armed with iron clubs studded with nails, barbed wire wrapped around sticks and had stocked up on stones and rocks to rain them down on Indian verification patrol that was there to check if the Chinese soldiers had fulfilled their commitment of going on their side of the LAC at Patrol Point 14," a source privy to the developments told India Today.

The Chinese singled out and targeted the commanding officer of 16 Bihar Regiment in the unprovoked attack. "In future, if they carry clubs, so will our soldiers. If they use rocks, so will we. Rules need to be followed equally by both sides," the source added.

The Army had intensified deployment of artillery, mechanised forces and infantry along the LAC to respond to any escalation by the Chinese side. "Our orders are clear and there has been no ambiguity in passing them down the chain of command. India is to hold ground and not cede any territory to the Chinese aggressors. India will restore the sanctity of LAC. There is no ambiguity on where the LAC is in Galwan Valley," the source added.

In fact, Ladakh MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal told India Today that it is time for the country to talk about Aksai Chin, Shaksgam Valley, Gilgit and Baltistan territories of Ladakh in illegal occupation by China and Pakistan. "It is our territory and we don't even talk about it," he said. Tsering advocates raising more battalions of the Ladakh Scouts to guard the LAC.

"They are the sons of the soil. They have proven their mettle in the Kargil war of 1999. They know every mountain and valley in the area. Being local lads, they don't even require acclimatisation," he said, adding that he has taken up the issue with the government.

In Ladakh, as the stand-off continues along the LAC, there is a calm awareness that China cannot be trusted anymore, and India will have to deploy its forces more effectively along the LAC to put an end to Chinese salami slicing of territory.

Comment

Anybody want to answer this one ?

Watch this and tell me whether you think its feasible
            Thanks for an interesting rundown on Chinese air bases. On Wikipedia, I found a list of Chinese airbases in the relevant regions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ilitary_Region

The coordinates for each airbase has a URL that shows where it is on a map that can be zoomed in. Whether the bases are hardened or not is not obvious from this list. However, I suspect, contra the Youtube video, that they are hardened, assuming it's a matter mainly of pouring concrete and stacking rebar, a pittance cost-wise compared to all the other glamor projects the Chinese have on the front-burner, including their version of the WASP-class mini-carrier, the Type 075:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp-c...s_assault_ship
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_0...elicopter_dock

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
              https://twitter.com/detresfa_/status...13659045482496

Some sat images. The exact area where the clash took place is not clear. This pic shows the white circle as the clash area and puts it in Indian sphere.

In the below tweet, Abhijit Iyer places the clash area as further North East, which puts it in Chinese area.

https://twitter.com/Iyervval/status/...319749/photo/1
              No look at it again, the purple bit straddles the LAC, the charge is were in our area and then we told them to clear off they crossed over and had a melee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
                Thanks for an interesting rundown on Chinese air bases. On Wikipedia, I found a list of Chinese airbases in the relevant regions:

The coordinates for each airbase has a URL that shows where it is on a map that can be zoomed in. Whether the bases are hardened or not is not obvious from this list. However, I suspect, contra the Youtube video, that they are hardened, assuming it's a matter mainly of pouring concrete and stacking rebar, a pittance cost-wise compared to all the other glamor projects the Chinese have on the front-burner, including their version of the WASP-class mini-carrier, the Type 075:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp-c...s_assault_ship
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_0...elicopter_dock
                One more to watch and then you can tell us

Comment

One more to watch and then you can tell us
                  The parity in numbers doesn't really mean anything. The Japanese were outnumbered everywhere they operated in the weeks after Pearl Harbor. The US had inferior numbers relative to the Iraqis just before Desert Storm. The point is that until sustained contact and a decision clinched by the combat arms, all you have is PR claims by the press people on both sides. Maybe the Chinese end up in Kashmir. Maybe the Indians end up in Tibet.

Comment

• Understanding the military build-up on the China–India border | IISS | Jun 18 2020

..expect more border confrontations each spring...

Comment

• Eastern Ladakh tension: IAF chief pays quiet visit to Leh, Srinagar

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 19.00.58.png
Views:	2
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1479023

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 19.01.33.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1479024

Comment

• PLA of China seems to have provoked clash to grab Indian territory: Senate Majority Leader

Name:	1.png
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	1479025

Name:	2.png
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1479026

Name:	3.png
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1479027

Comment

• 'Leverage China’s vulnerabilities in Tibet, Taiwan and Xinjiang'

Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	1479028

Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1479029

Name:	3.png
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1479030

Name:	4.png
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1479031

Echoing my views is a former diplomat.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1479032

Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1479033

Comment

• PM convenes all-party meet on India-China standoff: Who said what

The most intelligent and telling statement below:

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 20.26.03.png
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1479034

Why do these communists don't just die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                                PM convenes all-party meet on India-China standoff: Who said what

The most intelligent and telling statement below:

[ATTACH]48736[/ATTACH]

Why do these communists don't just die.
                                Raja might have this opinion as he is a commy but his advise is sound.

USA is several thousand miles away from India but China shares a border that is several thousand miles with India. Is it high time that India cut her losses short and have a practical appreciation of her situation?

PLA which supposedly never faced combat in several decades beat combat hardened Indian troops in this incident. You can argue that it was an ambush or PLA was in larger numbers or they never revealed their casualties. That is immaterial as PLA has achieved their 'political objective' of humiliating and teaching India a lesson for trying to be an upstart.
                                Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Working...
                                X