Border face-off: China and India each deploy 3,000 troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    ^ Problem is, China has not agreed to anything before, is not agreeing to anything now. Left to me, I'd have preferred military action to take back encroached lands. Indian Army wants to use force to evict PLA, GoI prefer talks. Talk, talk and more talk. We're on course to talk the PLA to death.
    There's an old saying. The only thing worst than winning a war is losing a war. There is nothing good about war. Don't be too hasty to jump into one. The best thing when it comes to war is to not fight one ... but sometimes, the choice ain't yours.
    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
      There's an old saying. The only thing worst than winning a war is losing a war.
      You've said it many times. I understand it in my own way, but I want to know what's on your mind. Why do you keep saying this.

There is nothing good about war.
      I know Colonel, I am not the one on the LAC.

Don't be too hasty to jump into one.
      I'm not in any decision making body of the GoI. My views doesn't count, anywhere. I am just a civilian. My foul mood about what's happening at the LAC turns into words here at WAB. If I had the choice, I'd rather not go to war even with Pakistan, they have good singers & such pretty girls. Who would not want to love pretty girls. :D

The best thing when it comes to war is to not fight one ... but sometimes, the choice ain't yours.
      You mean war is thrust on us by his holiness Xi?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• 3 gorges dam have burst? Can't imagine what poor Chinese had to go through.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• India's ban on apps not beneficial to anyone: China

China on Thursday said India's decision to ban 118 Chinese apps is not beneficial to the Indian users nor to China's businesses and claimed it violated World Trade Organisation rules.

India on Wednesday banned 118 more mobile apps with Chinese links, including the popular game PUBG, citing data privacy concerns and a threat to national security, taking the total count of Chinese-linked mobile apps banned by New Delhi to 224.

India's move came amid fresh border tensions with China in eastern Ladakh.

Responding to a question on India's fresh ban on Chinese apps at a Commerce Ministry briefing in Beijing, spokesman Gao Feng said, "The Indian side abused the concept of 'national security' and adopted discriminatory restrictive measures against Chinese companies, violating relevant World Trade Organisation rules. China urges India to correct its wrong practices."

"China-India economic and trade cooperation is mutually beneficial and win-win. It is hoped that the two countries will jointly maintain the hard-won cooperation and development situation and create an open and fair business environment for international investors and service providers, including Chinese companies," state-run CGTN quoted Gao as saying.

At a separate Chinese Foreign Ministry briefing, spokesperson Hua Chunying in her reaction to the ban on Chinese apps, said, "The Indian user's rights and interests are first harmed.

"And, Chinese business's rights and interests will also be harmed. So, what India has done is not beneficial to anyone."

She also noted that the US State Department on the same day cited New Delhi's ban and called on other countries to join India to roll out the clean network initiative.

"So, I don't know if there is any correlation or interaction between India and the US," she claimed.

"But India is an ancient civilisation with wise people. They should know what the US has done in cyber security for example Dirtbox, prism, Irritant Horn, Muscular and under-sea cable tapping Indian people must have the wisdom to tell whether the US practice on cybersecurity is clean or dirty," Hua said.

"We hope India could stay committed to its precious independence in decision-making," she said.

"We hope the people of China and the people of India can conduct normal exchange or cooperation in all sectors. And they should not because of temporary short-sightedness hurt the long-term interests of both countries and peoples," she said, any avoiding any reference to the border tensions.

Stating that India and China are ancient civilisations with splendid cultures and the exchange between the two sides have been going on for thousands of years, she referred to the popularity of Nobel Laureate, Rabindranath Tagore in China and referred to his poem 'we misread the world'.

"Also, Yoga is becoming more and more popular in China including myself. I am very fond of Indian culture. But we do not think that Indian culture or the poems or other things are infiltrating here or are posing any threat to the Chinese culture," she said.

She said the intermingling of different cultures is conducive to promoting people's mutual understanding and friendship.

"So, we hope that the Indian side can bear in mind the friendship of the two peoples and long-term interests and work to promote bilateral exchange and cooperation," the spokesperson said.
          Mere Bhains ko danda kyon mara; tere Khet hi to charti thi.

Translation: Why did you hit my buffalo, it was just grazing your paddy fields.

The lines in red - they say the same thing about issues with US, India, any country they have a self started a fight with.

Comment

You've said it many times. I understand it in my own way, but I want to know what's on your mind. Why do you keep saying this.
            Funerals are never fun.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            I'm not in any decision making body of the GoI. My views doesn't count, anywhere. I am just a civilian. My foul mood about what's happening at the LAC turns into words here at WAB. If I had the choice, I'd rather not go to war even with Pakistan, they have good singers & such pretty girls. Who would not want to love pretty girls. :D
            The thing about pretty girls ... they talk.

You mean war is thrust on us by his holiness Xi?
            Could be but I was referring to the fact that others may decide war is in their best interest.
            Chimo

Comment

• CDS Bipin Rawat has made it clear that should military & diplomatic talks not succeed then military options are on the table.

Western Theatre command issued three tweets through Global Times warning us.

It appears we done to the Chinese on the southern banks of the Pangong Tzo what they've done to us in the northern shore.

In fact its a bit more going by Shiv's assessment from the video below

By capturing the ridge lines on the southern bank including a post of theirs at Requin La now everything the PLA has up to finger 8 on the Northern shore is vulnerable. Their artillery points at Chushul. Ours will be directed at them from the ridges.

They want to sit there, fine, they are in a kill zone.

Or they come to understand its best to go back to the old agreements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	helmet black top.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	1479224

Click image for larger version

Name:	requin la.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1479225
              Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Sep 20,, 23:45.

Comment

• Posted so many of this man's videos in the thread over the years, its good to see him in an interview.

Introducing Dr. Shiv Shastry aka cybersurg. He used to be a heart surgeon ?

We get an explanation of what likely transpired last week end.

They are dismissive of the PLA. They think the Paks were tougher.

Meaning the PLA is throwing a bunch of conscripts at us.

The PLA's efforts to date have been amateur.

Are we dealing with warfare or political theatre ?
                Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Sep 20,, 14:30.

Comment

• According to Nitin's latest. Black Top & Helmet Top are occupied by the Chinese.

This is disputed by other commentators is Shiv who think India has taken control of them from the Chinese. Other than those two India has the rest of the ridges in the map below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	black top helmet top.jpg Views:	2 Size:	642.4 KB ID:	1479226

Tensions are running high with the Chinese side slighted and out manouevered.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Sep 20,, 18:51.

Comment

Left to me, I'd have preferred military action to take back encroached lands. Indian Army wants to use force to evict PLA, GoI prefer talks. Talk, talk and more talk. We're on course to talk the PLA to death.
                    I don't know if reclaiming lost territory is on the cards but we will continue to make claims.

We're not about to lose any more. This must include avoiding the risk by stopping short of war.

Who do you think rang up the politico-military brass in South Block and passed sat images of PLA trying to encroach on those heights on Aug 29-30 night? Yep, some American.
                    Good because i'm starting to apprehend it was the Russians that told us back in April that PLA were conducting nothing more than a routine exercise !!

Vietnamese contemporary history circa mid 70s to 1990

Everything you want us to do the Viets already did with China over thirty year ago.

They're a smaller power with a corresponding smaller border.

They toppled the Khmer rouge who never came back. Regime change.

We never attempted that with the Paks and MacArthur couldn't complete the job the Korea.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Sep 20,, 23:07.

Comment

The thing about pretty girls ... they talk.
                      Reham Khan ? : D

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Then agree to a DMZ instead of a LAC. Then pay for manning the hell out of it on both sides.
                      Border is too long for a DMZ. We have fences with Pakistan & Bangladesh

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Funerals are never fun.
                      The fundamental problem is the Indian public says they want war one week and the next want to be done.

Does not work that way with war and every Indian politician in office knows this.

Cassus belli would have to be completely outrageous to get the people on board.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Sep 20,, 23:20.

Comment

It reads like adding the Indian Navy as another USN task force. Don't think that's what Dehli had in mind.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	quad naval forces.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.0 KB ID:	1565487

^This ?

You said in the past that if the quad don't train as they fight then its is useless. I think this is being overly constricting. Military is just one dimension and last resort.

The simplest shortest definition of the quad is four countries with a veto on China policy.

Four countries that have maintained their sovereignty and independence in the shadow of China’s rise and, if they stick together, chances are good that it will stay that way

Should India want to contribute navy that is fine. Here is what the foreign minster has to say.

According to Indian External Afairs Minister Jaishankar, part of the problem is that “people are assigning to the Quad roles and responsibilities and expectations which were never intended to be those of the Quad.
                        He argues:

This obsession that [the Quad] must have political-level visibility or that it must somehow be weaponized in some way—“the naval side is too weak”—I think this is just misunderstanding what it was about.

It was meant as a diplomatic consultation and coordination forum of countries who have convergences, who do not agree on every issue but have substantial common ground. And to my mind you should leave it alone. It works. It has a good agenda [and] has continued to function well…. The quality of relations among the Quad, bilaterally, trilaterally, plurilaterally, it’s all good. And I think the Quad kind of pulls all the threads together.
                        India led the opposition to BRI.

Oz the opposition to 5G. They also conduct their FONOPS in the SCS.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Sep 20,, 02:48.

Comment

• Globaltimes in an article said that if he was from special forces why did he die. Well, PLA did not kill him, he died due to a mine-blast. SFF do not report to the Army HQ or to the Defence Ministry. It is directly under the Cabinet Secretariat, PMO. If a regular Army regiment works with them, everybody in the regiment has to take an oath of silence about them. There are 7 battalions of SFF, each battalion consisting of 5000 SFF men. They consist of Tibetans in exile in India. This is the only elite special forces of India we don't talk about, coz' we don't know much.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 08 Sep 20,, 15:23.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	quad naval forces.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.0 KB ID:	1565487

^This ?
                              Extremely simplistic. 7th Fleet alone can destroy every Chinese Fleet with zero help from anyone. The Americans know it. The Chinese know it. Japan and Australia can handle their respective theatres. What the Japanese and the Australians can do is to help the Americans do the job better and faster but make no mistake, the Americans can do the job alone and do it well.

India at this point is merely adding a flag and the best thing they can do is to stay out of the way.
                              Chimo

Comment

Working...
                              X