Border face-off: China and India each deploy 3,000 troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    You didn't. India was under the illusion she was not a nuclear weapons target. That has been discussed at length before.
    It was not made public for a while but now explains why the Nixon administration made an implicit threat
    Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jun 20,, 18:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
      I am just disgusted with the way India has dealt with the situation. The majority of the Indians understand the constrains that India has wile dealing with China. So it is better to provide the complete information and take the public into confidence. Instead we are seeing the media checking with the Army for clarification every time something new comes up. Why doesn't India have a proper PR department like the ISPR?
      Communication is not this govts strong point : D

At the same time a running commentary of events would be counter productive.

Can you blame them when the Chinese say one thing at the meeting and do something else after ?

I thought the idea was to disengage from the Galwan after the Jun 15 incident.

But instead it appears buildup continued from Jun 15 - 22

Keep in mind the satellite image you posted is dated Jun 22 or the day the commanders held their long meeting.

We need to see what happened after that meeting.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jun 20,, 18:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
        You either have an open society where everyone and his cat can express his opinion and claim that to be the truth or you get a closed one where the Army or the govt. has control of all information coming out.

PR department is of little use in a democracy where anyone can question and disbelieve either the govt. or the army or both regardless of what they say. A PR department will only increase the level of disbelief.
        I have to disagree with you on that. A PR department is lot more than a clearing house of news, it is also where perception is managed. A PR department gives news context, especially when there are institutions actively working to promote their agendas or harm yours. Perception management is especially important in a democracy as there are more competing voices and not all of them friendly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuku View Post
          Considering our only friends in the subcontinent have the thunder dragon on their flag, I would be very careful with these types of graphics.
          Then it should be even more surprising that it showed up in a Taiwanese daily as Taiwan considers itself the real China ?

They don't seem to have a problem with it.

What about this one

Click image for larger version

Name:	Himalayan conflict.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	1479061
          Last edited by Double Edge; 26 Jun 20,, 00:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick View Post
            I have to disagree with you on that. A PR department is lot more than a clearing house of news, it is also where perception is managed. A PR department gives news context, especially when there are institutions actively working to promote their agendas or harm yours. Perception management is especially important in a democracy as there are more competing voices and not all of them friendly.
            Agree.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	1479062

Name:	2.png
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1479063

Name:	4.png
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1479064

Name:	5.png
Views:	2
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1479065

Source

Army alert to PLA build-up in hotspot Depsang

China is upto something.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                kato does not think those troops moving is to counter China

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  This is a well-known hotspot. Very close to the new 255km Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldi road which the PLA does not like and what this whole fracas is mostly about. Indian and Chinese LAC perceptions are very different here and there are several locations where both sides used to patrol and have led to incidents in the past.

Of course this time it is probably different and the Chinese are looking to permanently move the LAC westwards perhaps.

Comment

4) Nitin claiming that the new structures are Indian when it is clear that the orientation is pointed towards India.
                    Still claiming

Name:	nitin pink.jpg
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	1479066

Click the image to go to the thread

Comment

• There is an unbroken road leading to that base from the Chinese side and no bridge over the Galwan river to reach it from the Indian side. How could they possibly be Indian? Don't know why Nitin is sticking to his guns on this. He is obviously wrong.

Comment

• This will take a while...

Name:	one day match.jpg
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1479069
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 26 Jun 20,, 04:04.

Comment

Name:	EbX1wiZU4AA7dvK.jpg
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	1479067

There is no route from the red zone to the Indian side.

I think that Army and government are deliberately keeping things muddled as they are working on the options....
                          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1479068

The dotted line is the LAC, according to google earth.....
                            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

[ATTACH]48773[/ATTACH]

The dotted line is the LAC, according to google earth.....
                              How do you get that line to show ?

When i go there with google earth or maps it's not there

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                kato does not think those troops moving is to counter China
                                We don't know yet. For the moment I'll go with what I've read. Does it make any sense for 3 American CBGs to be in the pacific at the same time? This is what USN intimidation looks like. And <cough>, who are they trying to intimidate?

Comment

Working...
                                X