Border face-off: China and India each deploy 3,000 troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    Shiv was saying they can try to launch a massive attack in the hopes of panicking the Indian govt to capitulate.

High stakes gamble

What if Modi doesn't blink ?
    Modi cannot blink. People will vote him out of office. Plain and simple. Remember why BJP lost elections in 2004. Amongst other things, it was because of the coffin scam by George Fernandes during the Kargil war. We don't hear about Fernandez anymore now, not by the people, not by the BJP.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

What if they eventually agree to status quo ante ?

Does all you say above go out the window

SQA has been the demand right from the start.
      Look, the IA doesn't trust Pakistan or China. IA doesn't go for rapprochement with either, this is not their domain as they don't have any role in formulation of Indian FP, it's the civilian government. Having said that, Indian Army will man those positions permanently from now on, this is a given as defence is their domain, and PLA will face a tougher stance from the IA henceforth. How things works on the Pak border is, things are left to the Brigade level on how to respond to Pak shelling or Pak BAT attacks. It doesn't go all up to the PMO for approval. The Brigadier draws up a plan, and soldiers execute it. Tit for tat, expect the same thing on the China border. They won't forget their colleagues killed in the Galwan Valley clashes.

Relations have nosedived. Nothing the Chinese do, can mend it. Chinese investment will be heavily scrutinised, Chinese applying for visas will have to go through the same vetting process that Pakistanis go through. Nothing will remain the same. Status-Quo or limited war, sh!t has hit the fan in Galwan.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	1565681

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	323.9 KB ID:	1565682
        Last edited by Oracle; 11 Sep 20,, 01:20.

Comment

• This, what's happening now, should be an eye opener for the Modi led BJP Government, that - China cannot ever be trusted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            I used to smoke this particular weed when I was studying Engineering. Since then, I left smoking weed, and maybe tried a couple of times in Bangalore, Chennai, even London etc, but those were not at all good. I am planning to smoke it tomorrow night, will let you know if the stuff is as potent as it was 23 years back. And when I used to smoke it, along with a friend, we used to buy a small packet, which cost us Rupees 2, and it was enough to make 2 rolls, and sleep. Need a good sleep during exam time, yeah. Gentle, yes. But I remember, if I started laughing, I would laugh non-stop for 1-2 hours and sleep. Now I got a bigger packet for 125 bucks, and didn't source it from the original place. But, let's see. Weed is good, it doesn't harm the body, no hungovers, very cheap.
            If you want potency then high altitude stuff has it. You should be spoilt for choice where you are with all those hills around. Are the Burmese undercutting the locals ?

It helps to sleep but i found it most beneficial with working out with weights.

Kept appetite up, loosened muscles so stretching was easier and cut down recovery time which meant harder work out.

Comment

Look, the IA doesn't trust Pakistan or China. IA doesn't go for rapprochement with either, this is not their domain as they don't have any role in formulation of Indian FP, it's the civilian government. Having said that, Indian Army will man those positions permanently from now on, this is a given as defence is their domain, and PLA will face a tougher stance from the IA henceforth. How things works on the Pak border is, things are left to the Brigade level on how to respond to Pak shelling or Pak BAT attacks. It doesn't go all up to the PMO for approval. The Brigadier draws up a plan, and soldiers execute it. Tit for tat, expect the same thing on the China border. They won't forget their colleagues killed in the Galwan Valley clashes.

Relations have nosedived. Nothing the Chinese do, can mend it. Chinese investment will be heavily scrutinised, Chinese applying for visas will have to go through the same vetting process that Pakistanis go through. Nothing will remain the same. Status-Quo or limited war, sh!t has hit the fan in Galwan.
              The point is they're under pressure now from numerous parties. We should be pressing for concessions not merely settling for SQA.

They can't be pulling more stunts like this in the future.

Know what. The SQA offer expired after Galwan.

They broke existing agreements so the settling price has gone up !!
              Last edited by Double Edge; 11 Sep 20,, 02:09.

Comment

• The PLA was paid back in its own coin when Indian soldiers seized heights on the ridge line stretching from the southern bank of Pangong Tso at Thakung to Gurung Hill, Spanggur Gap, Magar Hill, Mukhpari, Rezang La and Reqin La on August 29-30.
                This matches AIM's and Nitin's map.

No Black top or Helmet Top in that list.

On the southern bank of Pangong Tso, the PLA holds the Helmet Top, Yellow Bump and Black Top features along the LAC. The PLA, in fact, has installed cameras on the heights to monitor the activities of the Indian soldiers in the region. “But we are also watching them closely. From the heights we occupy, the PLA’s Moldo garrison is clearly visible,” said another officer.
                There you go, they're PLA controlled according to this article.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                Spiritual induction of Rafale by priests of all faiths : D

Last edited by Double Edge; 11 Sep 20,, 01:59.

Comment

A pretty major strategic gain had they pushed back from those battles. But Mao did not. Why ?
                  In the midst of the GPCR, the Vietnam War, and the Sino-Soviet split. Too many enemies inside and outside of China for Mao to even consider another foreign adventure.
                  Chimo

Comment

• India, China agree on 5-point plan for resolving border standoff in eastern Ladakh

Distrust, and verify. Do not remove men from high ridges. We should not make the same mistake twice. PLA will be back, even if they dis-engage now.

Comment

India, China agree on 5-point plan for resolving border standoff in eastern Ladakh

Distrust, and verify. Do not remove men from high ridges. We should not make the same mistake twice. PLA will be back, even if they dis-engage now.
                      neither will PRC do anything based on this vague and uncertain statement, waste of public money, say nothing do nothing worth nothing statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuku View Post

neither will PRC do anything based on this vague and uncertain statement, waste of public money, say nothing do nothing worth nothing statement.
                        Exactly what I was thinking. If dis-engagement were to be followed after their meeting, it would have made headlines in Indian media by now. And, PRC did nothing based on previous statements either, they don't care for rulebook. They think they can violate it as they see fit.

China to revert shortly on military commanders meet on Pangong Tso disengagement

A lot can happen in some more days. PLA might fire the fire shot and blame it entirely on us.
                        Last edited by Oracle; 11 Sep 20,, 13:59.

Comment

• Speaks my language.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 11 Sep 20,, 14:52.

Comment

• Joint Press Statement - Meeting of External Affairs Minister and the Foreign Minister of China (September 10, 2020)

September 10, 2020

H.E. Dr. S. Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India met H.E. Wang Yi, State Councillor and Foreign Minister of China on 10th September in Moscow on the side-lines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting. Both Ministers had a frank and constructive discussion on the developments in the India-China border areas as well as on India-China relations and agreed as follows:

1. The two Ministers agreed that both sides should take guidance from the series of consensus of the leaders on developing India-China relations, including not allowing differences to become disputes.

2. The two Foreign Ministers agreed that the current situation in the border areas is not in the interest of either side. They agreed therefore that the border troops of both sides should continue their dialogue, quickly disengage, maintain proper distance and ease tensions.

3. The two Ministers agreed that both sides shall abide by all the existing agreements and protocol on China-India boundary affairs, maintain peace and tranquillity in the border areas and avoid any action that could escalate matters.

4. The two sides also agreed to continue to have dialogue and communication through the Special Representative mechanism on the India-China boundary question. They also agreed in this context that the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China border affairs (WMCC), should also continue its meetings.

5. The Ministers agreed that as the situation eases, the two sides should expedite work to conclude new Confidence Building Measures to maintain and enhance peace and tranquillity in the border areas.

Moscow
                            September 10, 2020
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 11 Sep 20,, 17:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuku View Post

Nothing has been resolved which was expected. Just a discussion between envoys.

We will not de-link the border with the rest of the relationship. The days of taking a compartmentalised view of the relationship are done.

Should border relations deteriorate then the same applies for the broader relationship.

To have a normal relationship requires peace & tranquility at the border.

Thing is they can keep things quiet for a year or two, and then restart things after.

No way to prevent this without a proper border agreement.

If they don't want one then each time they start something like this our objective should be to salami slice them back to the original IB.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 11 Sep 20,, 17:56.

Comment

Nothing has been resolved which was expected. Just a discussion between envoys.

We will not de-link the border with the rest of the relationship. The days of taking a compartmentalised view of the relationship are done.

Should border relations deteriorate then the same applies for the broader relationship.

To have a normal relationship requires peace & tranquility at the border.

Thing is they can keep things quiet for a year or two, and then restart things after.

No way to prevent this without a proper border agreement.

If they don't want one then each time they start something like this our objective should be to salami slice them back to the original IB.
                                The video I posted of Maj. Gaurav Arya, he mentions the same thing. He says, SSF crossed over to the Chinese side of LAC (technically our land), broke PLA tents and beat them up, whatever that means. Which means, we salami sliced their positions on their side of the LAC, again, technically which is our land (Aksai Chin). He also mentions that the LoC has changed 1000 times since 1948.

Comment

Working...
                                X