Xi Jinping's historic power grab in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOR View Post
    The rich constitute a potential alternative power base, if not today, tomorrow. Going after them not only curbs any thought of developing a civil society with rights to policy or (Mao forbid!) leadership influence, but also plays well with the handful of true communists remaining in the top 10,000
    How happy are the rich under XJP ? have they been making the kind of money they used to make.

If not they will want XJP replaced. Can the Chinese deep state collude with the Americans to do it

XJP is countering by starting a cultural revolution 2.0. Why is he going after private education. They don't teach XJP thought.

XJP didn't get much of an education. The last cultural revolution interrupted it. So he learnt on the street.

Bo was the preferred choice but his wife committed murder so they had to go with some one else.

XJP was supposed to be temporary but now he does not want to go.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 02 Sep 21,, 13:36.

Comment

How happy are the rich under XJP ? have they been making the kind of money they used to make.
      => The rich are stepping into line, to stay out of prison. Why bring happiness into it?

If not they will want XJP replaced. Can the Chinese deep state collude with the Americans to do it
      =>Is there some reason to think that CCP political culture changed last night? Did I miss the part where the CCP suddenly gave a flying fig about what the rich want?

XJP is countering by starting a cultural revolution 2.0. Why is he going after private education. They don't teach XJP thought.
      => GPCR II … by a guy whose father was purged from 1962 to 1978 … no.

XJP didn't get much of an education. The last cultural revolution interrupted it. So he learnt on the street.
      => So did everyone else his age.

Bo was the preferred choice but his wife committed murder so they had to go with some one else.
      => Bo’s gone, get over it.

XJP was supposed to be temporary but now he does not want to go.]
      => Says who?
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Not sure about the other points, but intention of shuttering private education appears to be reducing burdens on students.

Too many students learn things they will never use, because university admission relies heavily on exam scores and the questions get harder and harder to separate the wheat from the chaff. Most resort to private tutoring to have a shot at university.

This may not be a bad thing. Who knows.

Comment

My take is that the key driver on tutors is to narrow the gap between haves and have-nots.
          It is unlikely to work.
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
          X