X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    GS,

Are you advertisng? She is single again?

Leave a comment:

• Gun Grape
    replied
    I could still post a pic of Hot Dead Chick if you want.

Just saying

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    (Yes, I did notice that this is an older thread.)
    Eh, only a couple of months, you're fine. :-)

It's the "couple of years" older threads getting resurrected that drive people nuts lol.

Leave a comment:

• PeeCoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
    I actually got a much more positive vibe for China than I expected. Except Vietnam and Japan, everyone else has pretty favourable views compared to the other countries listed. Surprised with India's perception of the Chinese 40% approval is not bad considering the history.
    EDIT: Another surprising case in point South Korea and China.
    I wonder how many respondents Pew Research Center conducted their poll with and at what educational level and economic background the respondents came from...does the poll really have statistical meaning ?

Aside from that I believe the 'vibes' are based on economics...who are one's 'trade partners' ? Who are the smaller nations 'selling their rice to' ? Which of the larger nations are investing into the smaller economy nations, etc ?

The "South China Sea" claims have more to due with Superpower status as most ASEAN nations can not even claim to have a naval force of any consequence to resistance of the Superpowers.

(Yes, I did notice that this is an older thread.)

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    What are you talking about? All Asians look the same.
    Actually, after living in Toronto's Chinatown for a few years, all non-Asians began to look the same to me :|

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    You know you're painting a bullseye on yourself ... and to a gunner.
    Maybe I'm craving a dead Celine Dion pic. Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by cataphract View Post
    What are you talking about? All Asians look the same.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    You have to admit: this is pretty high quality plastic surgery. :)

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    You know you're painting a bullseye on yourself ... and to a gunner.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    A possible reason why India gave such low favorability ratings to South Korea and Japan might be because people simply don't care much about these countries. A low positive rating does not necessarily mean a negative, it could also mean neutral. This poll reflects how many people in India simply don't have an opinion on most countries: http://www.globescan.com/news_archives/bbc06-3/#india

The white gap between positive and negative is consistently large for India in all those graphs.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    Blasphemy
    http://gawker.com/plastic-surgery-bl...ntes-480907455

So. Much. Plastic.

Leave a comment:

• Gun Grape
    replied
    I hate KPop.
    Blasphemy

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by citanon View Post
    As it turned out his threat assessment was right.
    Wrong actually. The Saviour of China would have denied Mao all his support.

Originally posted by citanon View Post
    Curious about your view on why the CPC was able to accomplish what the Japanese could not.
    Nanking. The Butcher of China ain't going to recruit a lot of Chinese troops.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    But also CKS never viewed the Japanese as the main threat. He kept the best armies out of the war in anticipation to face the Communists later.
    As it turned out his threat assessment was right. Curious about your view on why the CPC was able to accomplish what the Japanese could not.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Sir, how about the claim that Nationalist troops tied down a large chunk of Japanese troops so they couldn't be deployed elsewhere?
    More Japanese interests than anything else. They wanted/needed to knock China out of the war. They couldn't do it. But also CKS never viewed the Japanese as the main threat. He kept the best armies out of the war in anticipation to face the Communists later. It was only after Stillwell's threats that he released a few of his best divisions

Or is that an effect of occupational duties more than fighting the Nationalist troops?

Didn't Nationalist troops score some victories against Japanese?
    More than a few. The IJA never ventured into Central China and not because they didn't tried.

I have to agree, CCP didn't do much of anything in the actual fight against Japanese.
    You haven't see the new movie, the 100 Regiments?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X