Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Canadian Forces equipped for Afghan mission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troung
    Still don't get why the things were bought in the first place... actually I do just saying...
    BOMBADIER needed bailing out.

Comment

Don't even get me started on arming up the Bell-412s... the Philippines arming a UH-1H with machine guns and rockets to provide aerial support for government forces is a good way to make use of limited resources... for some reason it looks like skimping from Canada... and at worse negligence...
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung
        ... and at worse negligence...
        You're under-estimating the pork barrelling involved. The CF was ordered to buy helos (amongst other things) that has no real military value at inflated prices just to keep a Quebec company afloat.

Comment

Ok I understand you sir...
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            You're under-estimating the pork barrelling involved. The CF was ordered to buy helos (amongst other things) that has no real military value at inflated prices just to keep a Quebec company afloat.
            Wasn't the iltis license built by bombardier?

Comment

Originally posted by AutopilotOFF
              Wasn't the iltis license built by bombardier?
              Yes and the fact that they screwed up such a simple design tells you the pork barrelling that was/is going on.

Comment

Working...
              X