No announcement yet.

US officials say Army soldier suspected of shooting more than a dozen Afghans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the facts are known then why would it be any different ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      Although the subject matter is sickening this thread brings hope. Absolutely no one tried to defend his actions and nearly, if not everyone has shown contempt and disgust at this man's actions. How would a similar thread run by the "enemy" have gone if the situation was reversed and western children now lay dead.
      Don't get too smug. WAB is small & tightly moderated. Most folk likely to cheer this sort of thing have already been weeded out & anyone still here who feels that way knows it would be their last post for a while (if not forever). On another forum where I post one very active poster actually cheered this action & said it needed to happen more often. He wasn't kidding. Another poster as good as did the same. Neither were young & stupid kids, but middle aged men who has served in the military. One of them was banned for a few days, but that happend far enough after the event that I'm not certain it was even connected. He is back now. I suspect that if I trawled in enough of the right places I could find plenty more like them. I suspect that if I went to our equivalent of a jihadi forum (whitestormfront leaps to mind, but there may be others) there would be plenty of support.

Similarly, when Brevik killed all those people in Norway I encountered people whose main problem was not what he did, but that his victims were not muslim.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the general American/Western response has been far superior to what it might be in some other quarters of the world were things reversed. That, however, isn't a standard I'm prepared to use to measure anything I value. One person in my 'civilization' who cheers this is one too many.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
        Don't get too smug. WAB is small & tightly moderated. Most folk likely to cheer this sort of thing have already been weeded out
        Indeed. The usual news comments section are filled with all manner of ignorant nonsense. My favorite are the idiots that comparing Bales to Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, and demanding that he receive the death penalty why he hasn't been tried for his crimes.

Apparently they know how to make indignant-yet-ignorant comments on a news article but they haven't mastered the whole "Google search" concept yet. Or learned how to use Wikipedia.

Needless to say, that exactly the kind of jackassery that usually gets weeded out here on the WAB.

(And for the record, it was announced two years ago that the Army was seeking the death penalty for Major Hasan -it was never in doubt to begin with- and his trial starts in June of this year)

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
        & anyone still here who feels that way knows it would be their last post for a while (if not forever).
        Quite so. As you said, there are plenty of websites for that disgusting attitude and this isn't one of them.
        My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          If the facts are known then why would it be any different ?
          The scenes all over the M.E. of people publicly cheering and celebrating the terrorist attacks on 9/11/01 come to mind. In their minds and hearts those terrorists were heroes. We didn't shed a tear when OBL was killed but our side does not hide behind women and children and when the innocent to die we do not celebrate. In fact we go out of our way to limit these occurrences. When one of our guys does go after non combatants/innocents, we do not make that person a hero.....we give that person a trial and if found guilty we put him to death. That is the difference.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
          X