Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    As Ben said, tankie for queen!
    I don't recall ever saying that, though I don't doubt tankie would jump on the opportunity to put on a dress and tiara
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

My bad, Mihais did.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        My bad, Mihais did.
        Your grovelling snivelling belly crawling snakelike apology may be accepted in the future :whome:

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          I don't recall ever saying that, though I don't doubt tankie would jump on the opportunity to put on a dress and tiara
          And mix in with the San Francisco Israelites p'raps :whome:

Comment

True or not his remarks. I don't care.

But we all know when we pull our trousers up, you don't speak ill while in uniform.

He made the remark, not as a private citizen, but in his official capacity as a General Officer charged with training Afgan Security forces.

Man had to go.
            Last edited by Gun Grape; 07 Nov 11,, 12:25.

Comment

Agree with Gunny and S2.

Still, hope the man gets a golden parachute.....

Comment

1. My first reaction was....bad move, General. Not your place...you are commenting publicly on POLICY...not the role of the military.

2. My second reaction was....wait a minute....and I looked at his picture and went..."You got to be kidding me!" MG Fuller is an Acquisition Corps officer...last thing he commanded was a tank company almost 20 years ago. He has worked in and around the Beltway for decades. He was PM, SINCGARS and later PEO, Soldier. Spent time as an instructor.

Wondering what qualified him for this position...and I am still wondering.

3. My third reaction since I met him in 1991 and have had dealings with him off and on through the years this does not surprise me in the least.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Not sure if this the right thread to post this, but might be of some interest. Was talking to a good friend of mine currently in the Stan.

I asked when he was due home and got a bit more in response than I was expecting:

Long answer= Not damn soon enough/ Short answer= FEB/ Editorial Answer= Sometime long after I have totally lost faith in what our Nation and ISAF are completely ineptly trying to accomplish because senior officials cannot articulate a legitimate mission statement caused by their lack of understanding the difference between TB and AQ and use the terms as horribly incongruent synonyms... 3459 till ETS
                  Dont get me wrong. Afghanistan needs our help and I am glad to provide it. I have just pretty much lost faith in the organizational leadership because the army is bloated with useless fellow officers who isolate or mis-inform those in senior leadership roles to be "yes men" or "demonstrate loyalty to the boss" but in fact, as ADM Mullen himself stated, are the very definition of disloyal and only contribute to confusion and inarticulate decisions.

He sounds a bit frustrated dont you think?

Regards

Arty
                  "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X