"Secret" Puntland Militia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
    I gotta admit, I liked snakes, frogs, fish, turtles, caimen, birds, etc. I thought they were way better than MREs or LRRPs. I hated and literally refused to eat bugs. Sucked down many little ones by accident, but never a meal. Never ate a grub or worm either. The places I went were pretty tame as far as local fare went, except for Egypt. Got a cat by mistake once in some an Asian dish in Honduras. Evidently when very drunk "gato" sounds very much like "vaca".
    Yeah, where are you getting dog and how much are you paying?

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
      I gotta admit, I liked snakes, frogs, fish, turtles, caimen, birds, etc. I thought they were way better than MREs or LRRPs. I hated and literally refused to eat bugs. Sucked down many little ones by accident, but never a meal. Never ate a grub or worm either. The places I went were pretty tame as far as local fare went, except for Egypt. Got a cat by mistake once in some an Asian dish in Honduras. Evidently when very drunk "gato" sounds very much like "vaca".
      The termites weren't bad, the grasshoppers were something else. While I was chewing all I could think of was crunchy fish guts. The grubs were tossed to back of the mouth and swallowed whole.

So...ah, I gotta ask. What kind of wine do you serve with cat?
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

sappersgt. Reply

"So...ah, I gotta ask. What kind of wine do you serve with cat?"

Now that's a stumper...

Does the question often arise in your circles?
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
          "So...ah, I gotta ask. What kind of wine do you serve with cat?"

Now that's a stumper...

Does the question often arise in your circles?
          Not so much, I'm more of a dog person. ;)

Having said that, experience has it after the second day without food I will eat cat. After third day of no meals I will eat cat and like it. I did notice a dearth of recipes for cat on the internet. Lots of recipes for rats, possum, snake, lizard, dog and even raccoon. I can't find a recipe for cat.:hmmm:
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

sappersgt. Reply

"After third day of no meals..."

...the last thing I'm worrying about is which wine might best complement my next meal. Then again, that's just me being me.;)
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
              Plenty?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Yeah, where are you getting dog and how much are you paying?
                I'd have to be pretty darn hungry to eat a pooch. Dogs are probably the only animal I'd have a problem with chowing down on. I'd eat a nasty politician before a dog I think. Got a friend in Peru that has plenty of recipes for long pig. He won't say, but I think he has sampled that fare.

The termites weren't bad, the grasshoppers were something else. While I was chewing all I could think of was crunchy fish guts. The grubs were tossed to back of the mouth and swallowed whole.
                bwuhhuhh....(shiver)
                Don't know about wine, but they had some ice cold Nacional that was washing it down fine.

Comment

After third day of no meals I will eat cat and like it.

I did notice a dearth of recipes for cat on the internet. Lots of recipes for rats, possum, snake, lizard, dog and even raccoon. I can't find a recipe for cat.:hmmm:
                  Anything that uses red meat like Squirrel. The way I had it was in a lo mein with veggies. I thought it was very close to squirrel. Can't remember what it tasted like anymore. That whole night was little blurry anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X