Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gates Nominates Mattis To CENTCOM

Gates Nominates Mattis To CENTCOM-July 8, 2010 Armed Forces Press Service

This is a profound appointment. Gates is assembling our "A" team of military intellects by the combined appointments of Petraeus and Mattis. I don't think there'll be any clash of egos here either. Both are immensely professional men at the pinnacles of their careers.

No guarantees of success (however such might be defined) and Mattis has some compelling issues on his plate with Iraq and Iran but how these two men manage the future shall prove, I believe, both interesting and critical to America's near-term security.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
    Gates Nominates Mattis To CENTCOM-July 8, 2010 Armed Forces Press Service

This is a profound appointment. Gates is assembling our "A" team of military intellects by the combined appointments of Petraeus and Mattis. I don't think there'll be any clash of egos here either. Both are immensely professional men at the pinnacles of their careers.

No guarantees of success (however such might be defined) and Mattis has some compelling issues on his plate with Iraq and Iran but how these two men manage the future shall prove, I believe, both interesting and critical to America's near-term security.
    Steve,

If you recall, FM 3-24 was a joint USMC/USA effort, with Mattis and Petraeus teaming up on the project. Also, both were OIF I division commanders. I think that the cooperation will be fantastic in this case.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Shek Reply

"If you recall, FM 3-24 was a joint USMC/USA effort, with Mattis and Petraeus teaming up on the project...I think that the cooperation will be fantastic in this case."

Concur fully. It was that symmetry which makes this such a compelling bit of news.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
      X