• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humpin' Hills in Nuristan

More from our guys in A-stan. This time the lovely province of Nuristan-
    Attached Files
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

The cammy combat clothes work well in pic 2 steve.

Comment

tankie Reply

Eric,

You don't think that they're looking for their tanks in the last pic, do you?
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Photos & Stories

I spend a little time every week at the CJTF-82 website. While typical military stories, they serve as an excellent source for information on the different civil projects by location and type.

With a map, it's possible to begin understanding the areas in which the 173rd is operating. It's critical to remember the absolute legacy of ungoverned lawlessness that's abounded here.

Here are links to some of the stories-

ANSF Assist Tangay Pass Villagers

This mission was conducted on March 7th.

Not far away in the same province (Oruzgan) on March 10th-

Afghan Citizen Turns In IED Cache In ORUZGAN

Any correlation? Who knows? The second link doesn't disclose a specific location within Oruzgan.

Remote medical training via teleconferencing-

Partnership With TASK FORCE MED For Remote Medical Training

Think barefoot doctors in areas largely inaccessible.

Always great photos. Here's one-
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
            Eric,

:))

Comment

ATimes Article

Another article on Korengal...

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Comment

Eric,

No ...they would be looking forward not backwards if they were
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

T_igger_cs_30 Reply

Sgt. Major,

As an artilleryman I'm completely cool that Iron Mike, the infantryman, says, "follow me"!

Lead the way, I say...;)
                  Attached Files

Comment

IRON MIKE - The Airborne Trooper

Sgt. Major,

As an artilleryman I'm completely cool that Iron Mike, the infantryman, says, "follow me"!

Lead the way, I say...;)
                    In honor of the Airborne Trooper whose courage, dedication, and traditions make him the world’s finest fighting man.”
                    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      The cammy combat clothes work well in pic 2 steve.
                      Got to agree Ewic ol chum, blends in fantastic great pic
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Camoflauge Uniforms

Naturally, we can attribute that to the superb design of Yank camoflauge patterns coupled to an irregularly scheduled laundry service for the lads, I'm sure.:))

It's the feet that get me. Standing (slipping!) on shale, walking (up or down-rarely flat) on huge verticals. Their rucks look light, thank God but, still, I'd sure love a foot-bath at the end of the day in some real hot water, I think.

I don't know what they thought of their conditioning when they first arrived but, you can be assured, they're rock-hard now.

Comment

More From the Eastern Border

1-503 Inf in Paktika- WAPO

This from the sister battalion of 2-503 Inf, 173rd Airborne Bde who are stationed further south in Paktika. Same ol', same ol'. Our Pakistani brothers are (variously) not helping us much or, conversely, giving aid and assistance to the Taliban from the independant nation of ISI (Inter-Service Intelligence).

Sucks in the suck.
                          Last edited by S2; 04 Apr 08,, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                            Got to agree Ewic ol chum, blends in fantastic great pic
                            but not good enuff for snipers eyes ol mate , or to spot who is running away from the next round of drinks , looks a bit like F/F in ozz dunnit .

Comment

101st Airborne Relieve 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan

CJTF-82 has transitioned from the 82nd Airborne into CJTF-101, manned and staffed by elements of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). The rest of the division is currently deployed to Iraq.

101st Airborne Takes Over For 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan

IIRC, the plan calls for U.S. troops out of RC-East to deploy south in support of British-Dutch-Canadian troops in Kandahar/Helmand/Oruzgan. This in addition to U.S. Marines that are deploying into the south.

Will French paratroopers moving into RC-East replace elements of the 101st? The 101st will only now be transitioning the land from the 82nd. How well will they be able to, in turn, transfer this knowledge base on to French forces replacing them later this year? Convoluted in the extreme. Further implies that the French forces would fall under RC-East and CJTF-101 command?

Comment

The pictures remind me of some parts of Kashmir.

Walking through shale is rather tricky and we used to do it with hobnailed ammunition boots at one time!!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                                X