Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taliban Makes Gains Against the Afgan govt (what the hell!?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisF202
    replied
    Originally posted by troung
    "that atack hasent come and its been almost 2 years since the last terrorist attack on US soil."

And what was the last one on US soil before that (done by OBL and his merry bunch of homos)?
    TWA Flight 800? What one before 2001? The 1993 WTC bombing?

Leave a comment:

• troung
    replied
    "that atack hasent come and its been almost 2 years since the last terrorist attack on US soil."

And what was the last one on US soil before that (done by OBL and his merry bunch of homos)?

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    I support it.

That's the only way to bring peace to afdirtistan.

Make it glow in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• TNP
    replied
    This mullah website is just the local link.
    The original article is from Stratfor, I checked.
    The only thing is that the stratfor article needs
    a membership. But you can still confirm it,
    just enter the headline of this article in google
    and it will show you the stratfor link.

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    If there was ever a place that should just be nuked off the face of the earth, Afdirtistan is the one.
    Ironic aint it? Afganistan is also the one place on earth where nukes
    will be the most ineffective.

( DISCLAIMER: Not that I would support the mass nuking :N of an entire country. )

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF202
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackclaw
    I'd take all of this with one big fat grain of salt.
    Yeah, I haven't seen anything to indicate that this is the result of anything but the wishful thinking of that fundamentalist website.
    NEVER listen to anything they say, they always blow hot air, they always say they will attack America in an attack of Biblical porportions in EACH and EVERY message they air on CNN and Al Jazerra, that atack hasent come and its been almost 2 years since the last terrorist attack on US soil.

Leave a comment:

• Blackclaw
    replied
    Yeah, I haven't seen anything to indicate that this is the result of anything but the wishful thinking of that fundamentalist website.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF202
    replied
    If there was ever a place that should just be nuked off the face of the earth, Afdirtistan is the one.
    agreed, but this would kill alot of innocent civilians and then pakistan might be mad and they might nuke us then.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Actually, this fits typical Afghan alliance relationships. Which ever side comes up with the most cash/allows the most "local" power gets the ally. This essentially means that forget any permenant alliances.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TNP
    replied
    Someone over at PDF pointed out that this could be within the wishes
    of the US forces, as they might have wanted to counter the growing
    influence of the NA forces which are threatening to dislodge the Karzai
    government.

This above theory is the only which makes sense, because apart from
    guerilla warfare, how can the Taliban have launched a full assault and
    took back territory in the face of the Daisy Cutters? They are simply
    incapable of mounting a frontal attack.

Or did they take advantage of the reduction of American forces in the region?
    Did the American forces leave such a big hole while shifting resources to
    Iraq, that the Taliban could mount an all out frontal attack?

Leave a comment:

• Taliban Makes Gains Against the Afgan govt (what the hell!?)

Taliban Makes Gains Against Afghan Government

Summary:

Stratfor sources have confirmed reports from a Web site maintained by Muslim jihadists that the Taliban has regained control of most of Zabul province in southeastern Afghanistan. This marks the first time that Taliban fighters - in concert with al Qaeda forces - have retaken a province since being ousted from power by the U.S. military in November 2001. It also underscores the stalemate between the U.S.-backed Afghan forces and the Taliban.

Analysis:

After months of cat-and-mouse battles in various districts, Taliban forces appear to have wrested control of almost all of Zabul from the provincial Afghan militias. Stratfor sources have confirmed the advance, which initially was reported (by Daily Islam). The reported seizure of the strategically important southeastern province, which lies along the border with Pakistan, marks the first time that the Taliban has been able to regain control of a province since being ousted from power by the U.S. military in November 2001.

The advance also underscores the stalemate between the United States and its Afghan allies against the Taliban, and it indicates that the alliance formed in early 2002 between the Taliban, al Qaeda and Hizb-i-Islami - the party led by Afghan war lord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar - is paying off for the militants.

Zabul is of strategic and military importance for a number of reasons. First, taking Zabul cuts off U.S. troops stationed to the south in Kandahar from the bulk of U.S. troops located to the north toward Kabul.

Second, given that Helmand and Oruzgan provinces to the north of Zabul already are Taliban strongholds, the group can better try to isolate U.S. and local provincial troops in Kandahar and eventually attempt to retake Kandahar as well.

Third, controlling Zabul gives the Taliban a way to cut lines of logistics, troop supply and communication between! U.S. and coalition troops in Kandahar and in Paktika and Paktia provinces to the east and along the border with Pakistan.

http://www.jwebs.org/mpn/article.php?sid=434&mode=thread&order=0
Working...
X