This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tantalus View Post

One way to imagine this is if trump had won the election and we were standing in this moment, what everyones opinion would be. It might be worth everyone trying out that thought experiment...
    Lol i thought the same thing this morning. I think it’s safe to say he would’ve been absolutely crucified.

Looking at potential consequences of a Taliban controlled Afghanistan now, do they present a sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban now as a means for them to undermine Pakistan? Maybe someone else knows the dynamics better than me.

Comment

Albania and "Kosovo" will take them. On the other side our govt is on panic shopping spree for attack helicopters. Everything goes according to plan.

Comment

One way to imagine this is if trump had won the election and we were standing in this moment, what everyones opinion would be. It might be worth everyone trying out that thought experiment...
        Too petty to acknowledge his decision to pull out.
        Too immature to look at the implications of the resistance to it.
        Too much time practising mental gymnastics of how he was wrong anyway.

And of course never staring at the fact that in one week the government just ceased to exist. Despite the 20 years of killing your preferred administration of x put into it.
        Last edited by Chunder; 15 Aug 21,, 22:25.
        Ego Numquam

Comment

Originally posted by statquo View Post

Lol i thought the same thing this morning. I think it’s safe to say he would’ve been absolutely crucified.

Looking at potential consequences of a Taliban controlled Afghanistan now, do they present a sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban now as a means for them to undermine Pakistan? Maybe someone else knows the dynamics better than me.
          As far as I am concerned the Taliban are nothing but the worst of the Nazis and Mafia combined using religion as a cloak. First the entire country will essentially become slaves ruled by the Taliban. Lots will die for not being Taliban. Second, the Taliban will show their true colors by dealing with the one country that always looks for those opposed to the US. That one country also happens to persecute Muslims in Uighur and that is China. The Taliban will gladly take China's investment money and overlook what China does to in house Muslims. Nothing personal, just business, as they say in mob movies. Afghanistan has a huge supply of untapped rare earth elements while at the same time risk the chance of possible instability in China (their candle). That should also concern Russia naturally.

Pakistan? Well they may reap what they sowed. They have their own Pakistan Taliban who may now feel emboldened and cause their own brand of trouble in the hinterlands, like they once did, using Afghanistan as refuge. Can't play both ends of the candle forever as it burns down. Oh, and get ready for all the refugees Prime Minister Khan you double talking SOB.
          Last edited by tbm3fan; 16 Aug 21,, 00:48.

Comment

The idea behind withdrawing the troops on May 1 BEFORE the civilians was to prevent being at war with the Taliban today

In other words what you saw was the better of the options available for ISAF withdrawal. This way there will be an orderly withdrawal.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 16 Aug 21,, 15:24.

Comment

"Mark these words in history. We once defeated the soviets using american money. Now we will defeat the Americans using american money"

Found an old video of Hamid gul, ex-chief of ISI

​​​​
              Last edited by nvishal; 16 Aug 21,, 09:07.
              Power Respects Power
              --- Dr. APJ Kalam

Comment

The Taliban thinks they are beatable. They will walk 50 miles out of thier way to avoid the Uighur issue right across the border. They know China would go Mongol on them. We won't and we also would not go after the opium trade. We let them live and prosper. No wonder we lost. Its sucks, not a good ending but its an ending. Trump or Biden at least its over for us.

Comment

How come that there are no women and children again?
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_HUqSA2MYM

Comment

The scenes are heart breaking, Afghan's trying to ride on the outside of USAF cargo planes.... Why couldn't they try this hard to save their country. They'd have a better chance at survival.

Comment

This is madness you are literally killing your allies while you take off.

Comment

Don't ye have 6000 men still on the ground to contain the situation at the airport?

Comment

Don't ye have 6000 men still on the ground to contain the situation at the airport?
                          Still deploying, just announced that the US is going to lock down the airport, send in another 1000 troops and take over air traffic control.

Comment

Thank God. I hope they can keep it open for a prolonged period and fly many out

Comment

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...171853322?s=19

Biden legacy,which will live forever in infamy.I feel ashamed.

There is defeat and there is humiliation.These day is the result of lies.Lies by the uniformed.Lies by the media.Lies by politicians.And especially self inflicted lie.
                              They ignored the reality on the ground for 20 years.
                              All the fucking hypocrites too busy to topple down statues,all the scum that stole hundreds of billions,sharing them between Afghans and "our" interest groups,all the cowards who stopped us chasing the enemy till his last breath,all the cowards who did not at least shout in the phone to Pakistani scum.

A heartfelt FUCK YOU.I hope I will one day see you in a similar situation,with a crazed crowd chasing you.
                              Those who know don't speak
                              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                                https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...171853322?s=19

Biden legacy,which will live forever in infamy.I feel ashamed.

There is defeat and there is humiliation.These day is the result of lies.Lies by the uniformed.Lies by the media.Lies by politicians.And especially self inflicted lie.
                                They ignored the reality on the ground for 20 years.
                                All the fucking hypocrites too busy to topple down statues,all the scum that stole hundreds of billions,sharing them between Afghans and "our" interest groups,all the cowards who stopped us chasing the enemy till his last breath,all the cowards who did not at least shout in the phone to Pakistani scum.

A heartfelt FUCK YOU.I hope I will one day see you in a similar situation,with a crazed crowd chasing you.
                                If it was "only" 20 years...

Comment

Working...
                                X