• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	1478031
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

2014, BJP's Lok Sabha numbers - 281
      2019, BJP's Lok Sabha numbers - 303

Who'd have thought.

Seems, DE is having after-effects of party from yesterday night. Not to be seen. :D
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Name:	1.png
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	1478045

Is that a Mosque? I hope internet is not snapped tomorrow.

Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	1478046

Wrong again. Hindu funeral is the right way to go. No 72 homos in the afterlife then. When will India learn propaganda warfare?

Views:	2
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	1478047

Dynastic princeling lost. Ohhhhhhh, F you and F Scamgress.

Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	1478048

LMAO!

Name:	3.png
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1478049

Came out of the blue. But suits them. AGP/AASU are communal in nature. Good, they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Did I say that earlier? I don't remember. But yeah, Canada is the place to be. Plenty of high paying jobs for skills I have. I am scared of American police. But I don't mind entering America like a Mexican. Tacos and Tequilas baby. :D

Jaitley remains in and out of the hospital. I think the FM portfolio would go to Piyush Goyal.
          You're saved : D

Arun Jaitley unlikely to remain finance minister in Modi’s new term | IE | May 24 2019

Comment

I still don't remember saying that I'll move to Canada if Jaitley remains the FM. Canada btw, is a very good choice.

Amit Shah should not be the FM, he should be given the Home Portfolio. Who becomes BJP's President then? Rajnath? Gadkari? I want Gadkari to retain the existing portfolio.
            Last edited by Oracle; 25 May 19,, 03:04.

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 08.36.15.png
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	1478051

Comment

Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	1478052

Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1478053

Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1478054

Comment

Name:	4.png
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1478055

Name:	5.png
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1478056

Name:	6.png
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1478057

Comment

Tarek Fatah linked this article - Islamic reformer opposes Omar, CAIR and Islamism abroad

Someone tell me why Omar's family came to the US? Why she doesn't talk about female genital mutilation in Muslim countries? Why she doesn't criticize Pakistan for terrorist attacks on India? Why she doesn't speak about the 2 million Uighurs in Concentration camps in China?

Let's go through this - CAIR and anti-Semitic and pro-terrorist rhetoric

Comment

• EC doesn't find a single mismatch after counting 20,625 slips, VVPAT hailed as 'biggest success story of 2019' | DNA | May 25 2019

Whether this will silence the naysayers is debatable but it does show the evm's are reliable

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      I still don't remember saying that I'll move to Canada if Jaitley remains the FM. Canada btw, is a very good choice.
                      You never did i'm just joking, back in 2016 celebrities in the US were saying they would do so if Trump won.

Amit Shah should not be the FM, he should be given the Home Portfolio. Who becomes BJP's President then? Rajnath? Gadkari? I want Gadkari to retain the existing portfolio.
                      Hmm, he has won from Gandhinagar with nearly 70%. Somehow i always thought of him as just a Steve Bannon ie campagin manager. The one thing Amit Shah is and that is an excellent manager. To have managed two national election campaigns as well as numerous state elections in between with top results.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 25 May 19,, 20:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                        This is an interesting post and in agreement until i got to this part..

Postal: President Trump is mulling declaring the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood a foreign terrorist organization. What are your thoughts on this?

Jasser: We at AIFD support the designation of the Egyptian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) as a foreign terrorist organization (FTO). This is a group that has been responsible for the targeting of Christians, Jews, and dissidents, the persecution of minority Muslims, and the abuse, torture, and murder of women, gay people, and other marginalized groups. It has also made significant efforts to export its radical Islamist and Sharia supremacist ideology internationally. Its logo contains swords and the motto “Be ready…The Prophet is our leader, Qur’an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of God is our highest hope.” Those that believe that the Muslim Brotherhood is a non-violent and moderate organization are delusional.

With the recent calls by the Trump administration for making the MB an FTO, our AIFD renewed our call to make the Egyptian MB an FTO, as well as the MB in other nations such as Syria, Yemen, and Kuwait.

However, we need to be strategic with regards to the global “Ikhawni” or Brotherhood movement. I would compare it in the Cold War to fighting the militant version of communism as embodied in the Soviet threat, versus other versions of communism. Odds were that there were deep links between communist parties and global Soviet sympathies. But outlawing “communist parties” would have made counter-ideology and monitoring far more difficult and would have raised serious concerns regarding free speech protections of our Constitution. Turkey’s AKP, Tunisia’s Ennahda, and many other Islamist parties are part of the “Ikhwani” movement but are not as designatable as the branches in Egypt, Syria, Kuwait or Yemen. We will never defeat Islamism by declaring all these groups FTOs. Authoritarian regimes in the Middle East have proven that such designations often serve as arson to the Islamist fire.

People who equate my position with anti-Muslim bigotry are being dishonest. There is nothing more pro-Muslim than to begin making radical Islamist groups radioactive for Muslims and non-Muslims alike.
                        Now, i followed Egypt pretty closely once the Arab spring got under way. Check the thread on it. There was an American Egypt watcher who i referenced a lot back then, Nathan something, can't remember now, five years later.

I was a supporter of the MB against what others on the board were saying calling MB terrorists etc, the reasons were Nasser broke them, Sadat rehabilitated them on the condition they let go of their terrorist ways which they did. People will say but Ayman Zawahiri was a member yes he was but then why did he jump ship and join Al-Q. Was the MB not good enough ? I saw the MB as a group that got together to replace the ancien regime of strongmen supported by the west from the cold war era. They were never toppled as that would allow an in for the commies so they were supported. Once the cold war ended it became acceptable to topple Arab strongmen. Saddam & Hosni Mubarak. So Obama didn't get in the way of the arab spring and Mubarak was deposed.

About sharia, the MB wanted it but getting it through was another question entirely. Sharia for its supporters just meant order. law & order. As opposed to chaos and mismanagement. Sharia is as overloaded a term as hindutva & azaadi, means lots of things to different people but for some reason only the most partisan interpretations get repeated and the radicals hog the lime light. So exporting sharia when you could not pull it off in your own state when you were in charge does not exactly inspire confidence. One can aspire to sharia but that's as far as it got. I see those flyers he refers to as just that. Aspirational slogans.

The next thing is the attacks in minorities, this did happen from time to time but i didn't see it as some over arching institutionalised plan like it is with ISIS say. Existing sectarian differences get inflamed and you get a riot.

The problem with the MB as i saw it is they continued the same forceful ways of the previous regime, ie destroy the opposition. This is the biggest problem with democracy in these regions, parties that were used to nothing but oppression do the same when they get to power begging the question why did they get rid of the previous one then in the first place. You'd think they would be different given they fought it.

This created a back lash and an opening for their enemies. KSA & UAE. These two are most afraid of the MB having had earlier experiences with them in their own countries. Qatar has no problem with the Egyptian MB. But KSA & UAE see the MB as a rival that can threaten their monarchies. And therefore must be opposed wherever. Hence they won't be friendly with Erdogan because he is MB. There is a rivalry between Edogan & MBS for leadership of the Muslim world. Small wonder then that the Turks milked the Kashoggi affair to the hilt to embarrass MBS. They have somewhat succeeded as the west is estranged with MBS now. He won't be going on a visit there any time soon. Defense relations remain intact but diplomacy and optics are not good now. It will pass.

The opening came when the massive Egyptian bureaucracy & the MB got into a fight. Without the bureaucracy nothing moves, the bureaucracy went on holiday and the country came to a stand still. At the same time the economy of Egypt was in a shambles, the currency was in danger. The MB faced countless obstacles to reform and in the end started using forceful methods which then provided the pretext to oust them. As condition to save the Egyptian currency via a $3bn bailout from the aforementioned gulf powers, the terms were the MB must quit office.

It would not surprise me them that the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AFID) benefits from the same Gulf patrons as this sounds like the sort of thing they would say.

There is another aside here. Note how Erdogan hates Gullen and his movement. Gullen represents another network which to me seems not too different than the MB but is a rival grouping under different leadership. And this can happen when leaders of the two movements disagree. Kinda like the Soviets & the CCP and then come to the brink of war. Or in Erdgoan's context a coup.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 25 May 19,, 21:32.

Comment

• That siren Swamy is at it again trying to get people to fall in love with him. So many of his followers want him to be the next Finance minister. Heh, easier said than done. The next step up from FM is PM. Now why would Modi allow a potential rival. He isn't exactly known for allowing alternative centres of power to come up. As it is they had to give Swamy a Rajya Sabha seat to shut him up otherwise he'd do more damage to the BJP than the opposition.

Raise interest rates on FD's. Abolish income tax. Who wouldn't like this guy.

He has a PhD in economics from Harvard. He knows economics. He can get dbl digit rate growth.

His ideas on utilising existing wealth in India to help India grow are good. Instead of depending on FDI.

We save a lot but what are the avenues to put that money to productive use and get a good return.

The fundamental sin Swamy committed is colluding with Sonya, Maya & Jaya to topple Vajpayee.

Both these men hated each other.

Swamy has done more damage to the BJP which they managed to recover from than he ever could do to Congress.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 26 May 19,, 22:58.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	1478088

Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	1478089

Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	1478090

Name:	4.png
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	1478091

Name:	5.png
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	1478092

Comment

• Nirmala as FM. Not too shabby.

Comment

• Jaishankar as foreign minister is good.

There does not seem to be too much of a difference in personnel otherwise. Piyush & Gadkari shuffled about.

I suppose for Rajnath to graduate from home affairs to defence is logical. Let's have just the one for the term and not keep changing them like last time.

Guess Modi isn't in charge of space this term.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 31 May 19,, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X