For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan still on FATF's Enhanced Watch List
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      ^ I forgot what we talked via PM, but I don't think I agreed that the Paks had any inkling that Usama would be taken out by USSpecForces.
      You didn't. Seymour Hersh is and i was taken up with that argument. It's clearly a motivated article going by the title.

Comment

• Not so easy to get out of the grey list is it.

Compliant on 4, partially compliant on 25 and only fully compliant on 9.

They've been moved to the 'Enhanced Follow up' list from 'Regular Follow up"

Which means they have to report 4 times a year instead of two.

What isn't clear in that article is at what point they are let out of the grey list.

They were deemed compliant in one area but non-compliant in two others so insufficient progress to justify a re-rating.

With Pakistan's continuation in the 'grey list', it is increasingly becoming difficult for the country to get financial aid from the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Asian Development Bank and the European Union, thus further enhancing problems for the nation which is in a precarious financial situation.

The APG report noted that Pakistan considered 12 terrorist organisations, including eight UN-designated entities of concern, for threat profiles but only in terms of inflows and not outflow of funds to support terrorist activities.

It also noted that the National Risk Assessment 2019 has confirmed that abuse of non-profit organisations for terror financing purposes continued to pose a significant threat both domestically and externally and that charities and fund-raising was a source of funds for almost all EOCs.
        Until they rectify that they are not getting out of the grey list.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 12 Oct 20,, 19:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

You didn't. Seymour Hersh is and i was taken up with that argument. It's clearly a motivated article going by the title.
          If Seymour Hersh gets motivated, what sources can we trust? The only option is to turn to the Government, and then a day comes when the Government gets motivated and starts propaganda much like how the CPC works. This is very depressing.

3 Jammu and Kashmir teachers held under PSA, school faces terror scan

Pakistani dissidents blame military for country's multiple crises

Kamran Shafi
          , I'll remember the name. One does not get to hear ex-PA guys blaming the PA for the mess Pakistan is in.
          Last edited by Oracle; 13 Oct 20,, 04:04.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

If Seymour Hersh gets motivated, what sources can we trust? The only option is to turn to the Government, and then a day comes when the Government gets motivated and starts propaganda much like how the CPC works. This is very depressing.
            Paks have their connections in western media. Seymour Hersh is an old hand for them. He uses that experience to show credibility but its actually counter productive these days.

Comment

here is another attempt to push the same line

To try and show that the Paks were not harbouring him but cooperated in his capture

Comment

here is another attempt to push the same line

To try and show that the Paks were not harbouring him but cooperated in his capture
                This is what forum jihadis like Agnostic Muslim would want all to believe, that Pakistan is the victim of the WOT, that there are no terrorists operating on Pakistani soil, that the Pakistan Army doesn't operate trans-national terrorism as a basic instrument of their foreign policy. From your link:

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                All this information and Pakistan could not do the raid herself ...
                Old man, on the point and hilarious. The thing is, after the OBL raid, nobody, and I repeat nobody other than thugs sitting in China, Turkey, Iran take these jihadis seriously and even these thugs are operating & exporting the same model of terrorism that Pakistan has churned up for decades. Not even old guards KSA & UAE are seen to be giving a cent to Pak nowadays. Some lip service, that's it.

Lately I have been enjoying at a lot of YouTube videos that are made in Pakistan, by Pakistanis, and the younger generation is very unlike AM. They want change, but have no hope for it. They don't criticise their military, reason obvious. They like and support India's achievements in science, IT, medicine, Bollywood, Indian culture & food etc. Tons of good middle class people there, whoever can, they migrate. If Pakistanis themselves don't bring it upon themselves to kick the Pakistan Army out of powder, they will have nothing to eat in 1 or at the max 2 decades. I see no future for Pakistan the path they're keen to continue on. PoK, the joke that Pakistan Army has made it to be, will merge with India, even without firing a single shot.

Comment

This is what forum jihadis like Agnostic Muslim would want all to believe, that Pakistan is the victim of the WOT, that there are no terrorists operating on Pakistani soil, that the Pakistan Army doesn't operate trans-national terrorism as a basic instrument of their foreign policy.
                  Raid was may 2011. One year and a few months later the disinformation tactics began. Didn't read the thread but its safe to assume nobody bought it.

Then four years later Seymour hersh tries to pull the same stunt. Now its not current any more, people move on to other things.

If you don't have clarity of thought or on top of things these people get through.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  Lately I have been enjoying at a lot of YouTube videos that are made in Pakistan, by Pakistanis, and the younger generation is very unlike AM. They want change, but have no hope for it. They don't criticise their military, reason obvious. They like and support India's achievements in science, IT, medicine, Bollywood, Indian culture & food etc. Tons of good middle class people there, whoever can, they migrate. If Pakistanis themselves don't bring it upon themselves to kick the Pakistan Army out of powder, they will have nothing to eat in 1 or at the max 2 decades. I see no future for Pakistan the path they're keen to continue on.
                  These people are victims just their counterparts in China.

The only way thing change there is the economic situation becomes so bad that it becomes untenable. Then people will say oh what about the nukes.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  PoK, the joke that Pakistan Army has made it to be, will merge with India, even without firing a single shot.
                  I think that is the plan. Another 1971 when the time is right or however long it takes.

Comment

These people are victims just their counterparts in China.

The only way thing change there is the economic situation becomes so bad that it becomes untenable. Then people will say oh what about the nukes.

I think that is the plan. Another 1971 when the time is right or however long it takes.
                    Pakistanis compare everything with India. Indian cricket team, India Railways, Indian sarees, bollywood, Indian food, culture, education, ISRO and everything not mentioned. So yeah, when economic situation becomes untenable, big daddy will bail them out provided they give up their nukes.

We don't need to take PoK by force. The path Pakistan is on courtesy the PA, we just have to wait.

Comment

• India has not sent any message to Pakistan expressing desire for talks: MEA

This is in response to Pak's statement that India has hinted for talks with Pakistan - Mooed said this to Karan Thapar in an interview on TheWire. Why are these left leaning publications interviewing Pakistani terrorists? Just why?

Comment

• Karan Thapar's interview with the Moeed Yusuf

For a moment I thought I was reading Agnostic Muslims posts. Better watch Pokemon then read through all the interview with the ISI hack.
                        Last edited by Oracle; 15 Oct 20,, 17:15.

Comment

• ^ Read the full interview. Pakistani Army/ISI has ruined Pakistan over their obsession for a parity with a Hindu India, terrorism & Kashmir. I see a tiny Pakistan in my rear view mirror. As years pass by, decades roll, Pakistan will become so inconsequential that no modern developed country will ask of them, they will simply disappear off the map (literally) for powerful countries. Eg. Ghosting. The strategic location Pakistan sits in will not be much useful in the days to come. Cold War 2.0 has started, and we're seeing the evidence of it in Indo-China LAC. Indian/Pacific oceans are the next strategic regions. Every democratic country, every freedom loving country need to invest in their Naval capabilities.

Does US sell warships, destroyers? I know their submarines are off limits.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 15 Oct 20,, 17:17.

Comment

• Imran Khan tries to dodge FATF’s ‘grey list’ on 3 counts. It won’t work
                            Imran Khan window dresses Pak record on terror, gets groups to change tactics

Im the Dim is a druggie, a heroin addict. He's incompetent, and incapable of doing anything worthwhile. It's the PA/ISI which is changing tactics.

LeT, JeM backing Taliban in fighting in Helmand, says top Afghan official
                            It's not just India, Pakistan also covets the Afghanistan borderlands

Last edited by Oracle; 16 Oct 20,, 15:15.

Comment

• 73 years since Operation Gulmarg, Pakistan continues its attempt to seize, destroy J&K, says European think tank (EFSAS)

Well, someone's talking about the genocide perpetrated by the Pakistani Army in Kashmir.

Comment

• Among many things, Tilak Devasher talked about what will happen if Paks start migrating to India (due to food shortages or an economic downturn). Will India accept them? What will be India's internal position then related to food/water security? The Colonel said the same thing. A major humanitarian crisis will be unfolding.
                                Last edited by Oracle; 17 Oct 20,, 14:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X