For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    ^ Geo-politics. American pressure and money is hard to resist for client states, particularly terroristan. Btw, do people know, that the Indian MEA addresses Pakistan as terroristan, and it has been quite sometime now. :D
    Where did you hear that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Where did you hear that ?
      In some talkshow. It's on Youtube though. Will link it later when I come across it. ROFL! Terroristan.

BCCI asks if Pakistan can give 'no act of terror' guarantee after PCB's 'visa assurance' demand

Lol.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Not a lot in the Pak press except this one piece

To comply with FATF conditions, Pakistan needs to amend foreign exchange laws within three months | The News | Jun 25 2020

27 conditions out of which 14 are met leaving 13 outstanding which have to be complied with by Oct 2020 to get out of the grey list

(1) Pakistan will have to demonstrate effectiveness of sanctions including remedial actions to curb terrorist financing in the country;

(2) Pakistan will have to ensure improved effectiveness for terror financing of financial institutions with particular to banned outfits;

(3) Pakistan will have to take actions against illegal money or value transfer services (MVTS) such as hundi-hawala;

(4) Pakistan will have to place sanction regime against cash couriers;

(5) Pakistan will have to ensure logical conclusion from ongoing terror financing investigation of law enforcing agencies (LEAs) against banned outfits and proscribed persons;

(6) Pakistani authorities will have to ensure international cooperation based investigations and convictions against banned organisations (list provided to Pakistan) and proscribed persons (list provided to Pakistan);

(7) The country will have to place effective domestic cooperation between Financial Monitoring Unit (FMU) and LEAs in investigation of terror financing;

(8) Prosecution of banned outfits and proscribed persons (list provided to Pakistan);

(9) Demonstrate convictions from court of law of banned outfits and proscribed persons (list provided to Pakistan);

(10) Seizure of properties of banned outfits and proscribed persons (list provided to Pakistan);

(11) Conversion of madrassas to schools and health units into official formations (list provided to Pakistan);

(12) To cut off funding of banned outfits and proscribed persons; and

(13) Pakistan will have to place permanent mechanism for management of properties and assets owned by the banned outfits and proscribed persons (list provided to Pakistan).
        In March they lost the DG of their Financial Monitoring unit to a domestic gas explosion (!)

The guy was living away from his family in Karachi and had a dodgy cooking gas connection ?
        Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jun 20,, 15:58.

Comment

• Everything that happens in Pakistan, happens for a reason.

Reason = PA/ISI.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            Everything that happens in Pakistan, happens for a reason.

Reason = PA/ISI.
            Why would they want to kill him ?

He was determined to get them out of the grey list and by the sounds of it very motivated.

The longer it takes for them to comply with the FATF the more it costs them.

Comment

• Pakistan PM Imran Khan calls Osama bin Laden 'shaheed'

World's enemy, Pakistan's martyr. Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                Why would they want to kill him ?

He was determined to get them out of the grey list and by the sounds of it very motivated.

The longer it takes for them to comply with the FATF the more it costs them.
                Where did I say anything? :D

Comment

• Very rare that we get to see the dude. He's a legend.

Comment

• Isn't this 1 year old video.....
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                      Isn't this 1 year old video.....
                      Almost.

Comment

• 14-year-olds being recruited by armed groups in J-K: US report

Non-state? Well, Pakistan is a non-functional army entity, so I guess the term holds.

US report slams Pakistan on terrorism: Here is what it says
                        Last edited by Oracle; 26 Jun 20,, 14:07.

Comment

• Imran Khan criticised after calling Osama Bin Laden a 'martyr' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53190199

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            Imran Khan criticised after calling Osama Bin Laden a 'martyr' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53190199
                            ^ Post # 816. Shaheed in Urdu means martyr. Snapper, still sailing? Booze didn't run out?

Comment

• Sadly not sailing any longer due and returned to Central Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                Sadly not sailing any longer due and returned to Central Europe.
                                Stay safe. Keep your family safe. These are no ordinary times.

Comment

Working...
                                X