Stone pelting a conspiracy by Pakistan and its agents in Kashmir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of ‘unrealistic expectations’ in Kashmir | Dinalpi | Aug 19 2020

The Kashmir Valley is once again at crossroads. Ever since the repeal of Article 370 and 35 (A), there is an uneasy calm in Kashmir, disturbed only by the occasional bursts of terrorist violence. These terrorist-related incidents have also seen a decline in the last one year.

But most importantly, even after a year of the repeal of Article 370 and 35 (A), there has been no sight of the much-anticipated, “Sailaab”, or ‘mass civilian protests’ by Kashmiris. The deafening silence of the common man on the streets of Kashmir was initially attributed to the internet clampdown and also due to the arrests of the local political leaders. It was widely perceived that once the internet clampdown was lifted and the political prisoners released, Kashmir would “burn”.

But even after lifting of internet ban and release of most of the political leaders, Kashmir continues to remain calm. This ‘studied silence’ of Kashmiri awaam is ironically giving a loud and clear message to the entire world and that is, they “do not want to be led down the garden path anymore”.
    See how he changed his tune

Shah Faesal, the first IAS topper from Kashmir Valley, was once the beacon of hope for many Kashmiri youths.

However, he later transformed himself into a ‘manufactured symbol’ of Kashmiri frustration.

He resigned from the IAS in protest and had plunged himself into political activities. But after a year post the repeal of Article 370 and 35(A), he now acknowledges that the ground realities are different. In an interview to The Indian Express a few days back, Shah Faesal said, “In the last one year due to some of my problematic utterances, a perception was built that I am an anti-national… due to some of my statements, I let down a lot of people who had immense goodwill for me. I want to undo that”. He further said that, “I did not want to lead Kashmiris down the garden path and raise unrealistic expectations”.
    That's what we had to deal with for the last couple of decades. Manufactured frustration. Self inflicted due to bad policy

Faesal said detention proved to be an “immense learning phase”. “I realised that at the end of the day you are all alone. It’s your family that suffers the most while ironically those for whom you seem to be standing up are drawing a sadistic pleasure out of your misery. Detention gave me the clarity of mind that I belong somewhere else. That I can’t destroy my life for those who won’t even cry for me,” he said.
    Reality!
    Last edited by Double Edge; 01 Sep 20,, 00:51.

Comment

• ^ Apparently he will be joining his previous job (IAS) again.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        They never saw saw let alone experienced the development the rest of the country had.
        Slight correction. Many Kashmiri youths study in Delhi, Bangalore, other metros in India.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            These blasphemy cases are nothing more than authoritarianism in another guise.

If the state has to defend religion to the extent it does in Pakistan then these people must not be very religious to begin with ; )

They just want that perception to be reinforced because the reality is a great deal worse.

Comment

• Another first...

https://twitter.com/AsimKhanTweets/s...82005741723649

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiranga dal lake.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1566153

Comment

• ^ The Indian Army organised a Shikara race in Dal Lake.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• The way you get PO J&K back is the people there want to join India.

The unrest will increase as they see the lives of people on the Indian side improve.

As they see China and a colluding Pakistan makes life harder for them.

This will take time but it will be unstoppable.

Comment

• Retired babus, veterans call for arrest of Mufti & Farooq

Kashmir's dynastic sh!t still stinks.

Comment

• DDC polls: West Pakistan refugees outside booths in Jammu say justice done after 70 years of struggle

Comment

• pretty clear what agenda this UN org is pushing. Does any one take them seriously these days ?

Official Spokesperson's response to media queries on press release by Special Rapporteur on minority issues and the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief | MEA | Feb 18 2021

February 18, 2021

In response to media queries on press release by Special Rapporteur on minority issues and the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief, the Official Spokesperson Shri Anurag Srivastava said:

"We have seen the Press Release on J&K issued today by Special Rapporteur on minority issues and the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief.

It is deplorable that the SRs, after sharing their questionnaire on 10 February, did not even wait for our response. Instead, they chose to release their inaccurate assumptions to the media. The Press Release has also been deliberately timed to coincide with the visit of a group of Ambassadors to Jammu and Kashmir.

The Press Release disregards the fact that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral and inalienable part of India and the decision of 05 August 2019 regarding the change in the status of the State of Jammu and Kashmir into a Union Territory of India was taken by the Parliament of India.

The Press Release fails to take into account the steps aimed at ending decades of discrimination, enshrining democracy at the grassroot level through successful conduct of local elections for the District Development Councils, and ensuring good governance through back to village program. The Press Release has ignored the positive impact of extending Laws applicable to the rest of India to Jammu and Kashmir, enabling the people of Jammu and Kashmir to enjoy the same rights as available to people in other parts of India.

As for the apprehensions of demographic change, the fact that an overwhelming majority of domicile certificates issued in J&K are to the erstwhile Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) holders shows that these fears are baseless and unfounded.

This press release calls into question the larger principles of objectivity and neutrality that the SRs are mandated by the Human Rights Council to adhere to.

We expect the Special Rapporteurs to develop a better understanding of the issues under their consideration before jumping to hasty conclusions and issuing press statements.”

New Delhi
                          February 18, 2021

India slams UN experts over Kashmir concerns, says lack objectivity | TOI | Feb 19 2021

Comment

• Experts, hmmm. Living 10,000 miles away and becoming experts. There will always be propaganda noises like these, better ignore and move on towards bettering the economy.

Comment

• You will not believe who wrote this one

Turned over a new leaf.

Kashmir – A Preferable Future | Chanakya Forum | Mar 26 2021

Five thousand years of civilizational-relationship between Kashmir and India was erased by a narrow reading of history where time began in year 1586 when Mughal’s annexed Kashmir. A unique socialization process that was promoted by educational institutions, civil society groups, academic community, literary and the religious organizations ensured that Kashmir’s saw themselves as ‘racially’ different, an apple-cheeked, long-nosed and blue-eyed race that spoke a foreign-sounding language and had nothing ‘Indian’ about them. That was the ethnic part. By mobilizing the majority religion, ethnic struggles became ethno-religious struggles ending in migration of Kashmiri Pandits and inauguration of Kashmir as the inferno that it became.

One of the important ways by which militancy got normalized in Kashmir was through a historical and cultural argument that portrayed Kashmir as an exotic, non-Indic culture. One of the ways to do that was by rejecting the ‘pacifist’ Indian way of life, for a ‘rebel’ way of life. Those who see 1987 as the turning point forget how in the two preceding decades, 1970’s and 80’s Kashmir saw dismantling of its traditional religious and cultural edifice as an extension of Zia ul Haque’s program to turn Pakistan into a front-line state of Islamic revivalism. This was the reason that Kashmiris who were known to be scared of slaughtering chicken suddenly woke up to the thrill of beheading fellow Kashmiris once the militancy erupted in 1990.
                              From a multiplicity of illusionary choices that had powered the chaos, there are now only two choices: flourish with India or perish against it. And it need not be said that the Kashmiris have always made the right choices, be that in 1947 or 2019.

But while the fundamentals are now clear the road ahead has to be well planned to reach a future in Kashmir that is nothing like the past. Returning to Norman Henchey’s taxonomy, Possible Future is an imagined future. It is something that could happen but sounds strange. For Kashmir, it could be that like Punjab insurgency J&K would also turn the page, a fairy-tale ending of sorts. The strangeness of this scenario comes from the persistence of a sinister will across the border that India must never be allowed to live in peace.

A diametrically opposite scenario of a future shock is also a possible future but again there are strong countervailing facts on the ground to suggest that Kashmir will not be allowed to deteriorate to pre-2019 levels of violence ever again.

Plausible Futures are then futures that could happen based on the patterns that we see. It could be a massive reduction in militant recruitment, peaceful summers, revived tourist activity but with an ever hanging sword of sudden terror attacks and mass agitations like those witnessed from 2008 – 2019.

A Probable Future is one that seems evident. Given the way separatist ecosystem has come crumbling down in recent times, one could surmise that it won’t be easy for the forces across the border to redeploy their disruptive assets in the near future. The upper-hand that the government has got in dealing with Kashmir will continue to have impact for a long time unless there is a near-total reversal of the policy.

The last one is Preferable Futures. That is the future we desire, the one which is based on a clear vision of tomorrow. Preferable future must make sense to all the stakeholders. To achieve that the way forward in Kashmir has to be based on strategic thinking to accommodate all interests, interests of the political elite as well as the masses.

The difficulty here is that the accommodation can’t happen overnight. While it is a very hopeful time it is also a very sensitive time in Kashmir because the transition isn’t over yet. People of J&K have been very patient but the state will have to be impatient in delivering the promises made.
                              The intention should not be to go back to an imaginary point in the past, but rather look for a future that is better than the past and where every ethnic, religious and linguistic community in J&K feels accommodated, another major requirement for a Preferable Future.

To summarize, the way forward in Kashmir consists in first analyzing the present moment in Kashmir with respect to what Donald Rumsfeld called known-knowns, known-unknowns, unknown-knowns and unknown-unknowns. There are many things about Kashmir that the policy-makers neither know nor do they know that they don’t know. Kashmir policy will have to derive its heuristics from the best practices across the world to overcome its blind-spots.
                              Second step is then to be realistic about the future that we wish to achieve and have a clear-cut vision about it.

Finally, we have to mobilize our resources to achieve that future in a time bound manner.

Given the political and bureaucratic will, it is very much possible to see Jammu & Kashmir transforming into a politically stable, economically vibrant, socially inclusive and culturally progressive region of India in foreseeable future.
                              Amusing feedback he received for this piece from his earlier fans
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Mar 21,, 21:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                                Turned over a new leaf.
                                More like resigning himself to the reality. Good for him, some people struggle to do even that. Everyone knows that regardless of how much noise the Congress makes about the Article 370 abrogation, they are not going to reinstate it if they come to power. There is simply no major constituency within India which wants that to happen besides a relatively small group of leftist windbags...err I mean ideologues.

Comment

Working...
                                X