X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by cataphract View Post
    And yet the same Indians supported him afterwards: Royal Indian Navy mutiny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    He was dead by then. He didn't have to live up to the image.

Bose was willing to side with anyone willing to give him arms and money against the British. He did approach the Soviets first but they turned him down, after which he tried the Nazis.
    None of them did. The Japanese only gave him captured stock.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by antimony View Post
    By that logic, everyone in the Japanese army should have been killed after they were captured.
    They were.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Actually, during that time, more Indians sided against him than with him.
    And yet the same Indians supported him afterwards: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombay_mutiny

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Here's a guy who sided with Hitler and Hirohito and you're talking about rights? Monsters don't understand anything about rights. They only understand power. If anything, Bose chosed the smallest of the three monsters and you are surprised when the biggest monster alledgedly squashed him?
    Bose was willing to side with anyone willing to give him arms and money against the British. He did approach the Soviets first but they turned him down, after which he tried the Nazis.
    Last edited by cataphract; 11 Jan 15,, 23:40.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Stalin dies in March 53, so it could be true. It probably isn't. It sounds highly questionable. Can't work out why a guy who allied himself with the Nazis & Japanese would think Uncle Joe would protect him. Kudos to Stalin if it is true.
    Yeah, save your kudos for the Ukrainians, Crimean Tatars and Finns

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    During that time, in his shoes, I'd probably be the same.
    Actually, during that time, more Indians sided against him than with him.

And BF, shit happens during war. :)
    Yes, he lost.

And whatever Bose was, that lil' fcuk Stalin didn't have any right to execute him, if that's true. Not without no reason, why I despise the Russians. Those Shylock, they always make sure they took more than a pound of flesh.
    Here's a guy who sided with Hitler and Hirohito and you're talking about rights? Monsters don't understand anything about rights. They only understand power. If anything, Bose chosed the smallest of the three monsters and you are surprised when the biggest monster alledgedly squashed him?

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for. Half the 1400 men who served in his battalion died at the hands of those animals Bose served, virtually all while captive. This included wounded men who were bayonetted. If this is true he got a decade more life than they did. I realize some Indians respect him, but I never can.
    Bose is no hero to me. My family and friends worship him, I go with facts. However, there are people, i.e. Indians who revere him. Bose was not only a great orator but also a patriot. During that time, in his shoes, I'd probably be the same. And BF, shit happens during war. :)

And whatever Bose was, that lil' fcuk Stalin didn't have any right to execute him, if that's true. Not without no reason, why I despise the Russians. Those Shylock, they always make sure they took more than a pound of flesh.
    Last edited by Oracle; 11 Jan 15,, 18:35.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Why does he not publish his own damn papers then?

Why? So that Swamy can have his sad little moment in the sun?
    I just posted the article. Why beat me? The least we're related to is dry fish and Ilish.

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for. Half the 1400 men who served in his battalion died at the hands of those animals Bose served, virtually all while captive. This included wounded men who were bayonetted. If this is true he got a decade more life than they did. I realize some Indians respect him, but I never can.
    The people Bose fought for were the people of India, just to clarify.

And the men in your uncle's unit served fought for those who ordered Jalianwallah bagh and had been squeezing the colonies for centuries. So what?

Shit happens in a war, get on board with it. Bose did not personally kill your uncle or whoever.

No one is asking you to respect him, just as Indians will never respect Churchill. I am only asking why you are excited about his wanton death, at the hands of someone like Stalin. Because he took help from people who killed your uncle's friends? By that logic, everyone in the Japanese army should have been killed after they were captured.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for.
    He fought for India's independence. On whether he could have held against Japanese later is different question and a tough one to answer.
    Benedict Arnold will always be remembered as a traitor in USA but quite the opposite in Britain. Matter of perspective.
    I think a huge majority of Indians respect him, not only some.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Why? Netaji wasn't that much of an animal to deserve something like that

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Kudos to Stalin if it is true.
    Why? Netaji wasn't that much of an animal to deserve something like that

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    "According to the papers that exist with us, Bose had faked his death and escaped to Manchuria in China which was under Russian occupation, hoping Russia would look after him. But Stalin put him in a jail in Siberia. Somewhere around 1953, he hanged or suffocated Bose to death," said Swamy.
    Why does he not publish his own damn papers then?

"Declassification of Netaji documents in haste and without judging the consequences would be difficult. India's relations with Britain and Russia may be affected, but I will persuade the Prime Minister to disclose the documents," said Swamy.
    Why? So that Swamy can have his sad little moment in the sun?

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    If this is all secret, how does Swamy know about it? Also Stalin died in 1952. Unless Stalin's atma was hanging around Siberia he couldn't have killed Bose in 1953.
    Stalin dies in March 53, so it could be true. It probably isn't. It sounds highly questionable. Can't work out why a guy who allied himself with the Nazis & Japanese would think Uncle Joe would protect him. Kudos to Stalin if it is true.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    If this is all secret, how does Swamy know about it? Also Stalin died in 1952. Unless Stalin's atma was hanging around Siberia he couldn't have killed Bose in 1953.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by kuku View Post
    Now no one cares about neta ji, his life or his death. and no one outside gandpas generation even calls him netaji anymore.
    There is no evidence of it being true, so why bother with the whatifs?
    You're very direct, aren't ya?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X