X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by popillol View Post
    OoE said the punches things and then that Bose made USA its enemy.
    Bose did make US an enemy by raising troops against the British. It's common sense. It was WWII. But US didn't reciprocate that well, else Bose would surely have gone to the wolves, if not the crows.

USA indirectly meddled with Indian independence fight against British.
    What shit you smoke or books you read that I haven't? US didn't interfere in anything, directly or indirectly. After Pearl Harbor they had bigger fish to fry. What did I say in post # 42?

That is the reason it was Bose'e enemy and not because USA is world's police. There is difference between a fault (done by mistake) which I am not saying and making a decision intentionally, which I am saying. (That USA intentionally made Bose her enemy and that it was not USA's "fault")
    Debunked.

Getting in the USA camp required considerable military spending at that time, not right for India at that time.
    Pakistan was richer than India?

Though that is off-topic.
    Please tell me, if the USA gave a good company to Bose against the British at that time apart from some wordings. Sometimes you don't get much choice.
    Why would the Americans?

I wouldn't care if crows feast on your body when you are dead or your loved ones give you a proper funeral, but I do care about what happened to Bose.
    You certainly do not, your ego does. If you did care, you'd have gone at lengths filing an RTI or a PIL in the Apex court, or read damn History.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Thats what I am saying, victorious write the history. USA conquered Germany and Japan, so wrote histories according to her convenience. But USA didn't conquer India, so can't write history for India according to USA's convenience.
    And if Hitler was only responsible for Barbarossa and not Holocaust, there would be many Hitler sympathizers. But, it is quite strange, when Hirohito had the authority to stop the crimes but didn't, why is he not held responsible? Quite nonsense thing to say.
    Bose knew the IJA were shooting Indian POWs and eating them. Ironic?

I am talking about intentions, Indira was a patriot same as Bose, both made USA their enemies (which was again, I would say from my perspective USA's own doing) but one came out victorious while the other was martyred. Now, since we live in a world where we believe in deontological ethics rather than following consequentialism, both were great leaders for India. That was my point and not that Mahatma Gandhi didn't sign a pact with IJE.
    Indira made US an enemy? A country has to go to lengths to make US an enemy and fear retribution. India during Indira? Not so much.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    You did mean it was US' fault. Read your previous post. US is the world's police? They have taken a responsibility to safeguard India's interests? And if so, why? Remember how we turned up after 1947, the Non-Aligned shit and stuff. US was there, our leaders turned their backs on them, what could have been the best for us. It's our fault. Our politicians led us down. Shallow vision.

US didn't make any decision that made Bose or India a US enemy during WWII. Bose, well down that list was probably grass in the food chain of a meat-eater. Not important enough to spend resources. Although, I'd admit Bose' courage. But courage in the wrong company is foolishness.

Bose didn't turn up to be a great force. No one's sure if he had a funeral or crows feasted on him.
    OoE said the punches things and then that Bose made USA its enemy. USA indirectly meddled with Indian independence fight against British. That is the reason it was Bose'e enemy and not because USA is world's police. There is difference between a fault (done by mistake) which I am not saying and making a decision intentionally, which I am saying. (That USA intentionally made Bose her enemy and that it was not USA's "fault")
    Getting in the USA camp required considerable military spending at that time, not right for India at that time. Though that is off-topic.
    Please tell me, if the USA gave a good company to Bose against the British at that time apart from some wordings. Sometimes you don't get much choice.
    I wouldn't care if crows feast on your body when you are dead or your loved ones give you a proper funeral, but I do care about what happened to Bose.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    I am not saying it is USA's fault. I am just saying that USA made a decision and made enemies in that process. USA's enemy (Bose) turned out not to be a great force but that doesn't belittle his bravery and intentions.
    You did mean it was US' fault. Read your previous post. US is the world's police? They have taken a responsibility to safeguard India's interests? And if so, why? Remember how we turned up after 1947, the Non-Aligned shit and stuff. US was there, our leaders turned their backs on them, what could have been the best for us. It's our fault. Our politicians led us down. Shallow vision.

US didn't make any decision that made Bose or India a US enemy during WWII. Bose, well down that list was probably grass in the food chain of a meat-eater. Not important enough to spend resources. Although, I'd admit Bose' courage. But courage in the wrong company is foolishness.

Bose didn't turn up to be a great force. No one's sure if he had a funeral or crows feasted on him.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    WRONG. Operation BARBAROSSA was his baby and his baby alone. You lack so much knowledge about WWII, even India during WWII that you're making assumptions that do not bore on facts.
    Thats what I am saying, victorious write the history. USA conquered Germany and Japan, so wrote histories according to her convenience. But USA didn't conquer India, so can't write history for India according to USA's convenience.
    And if Hitler was only responsible for Barbarossa and not Holocaust, there would be many Hitler sympathizers. But, it is quite strange, when Hirohito had the authority to stop the crimes but didn't, why is he not held responsible? Quite nonsense thing to say.

Indira wasn't even in power then and Mahatma Gandhi did not signed an alliance with the IJE.
    I am talking about intentions, Indira was a patriot same as Bose, both made USA their enemies (which was again, I would say from my perspective USA's own doing) but one came out victorious while the other was martyred. Now, since we live in a world where we believe in deontological ethics rather than following consequentialism, both were great leaders for India. That was my point and not that Mahatma Gandhi didn't sign a pact with IJE.
    Last edited by popillol; 12 Jan 15,, 18:13.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    IIRC, and if I've read correctly, sometime during WWII US did ask Britain to get rid of it's colonialism after the war ended i.e. grant colonies freedom. How is US the enemy then?

Also, that was World War. US had to manage many issues, and antagonizing an ally (Britain) for a distant land (India) was not a strategic option for her.

Funny how everything is US' fault even decades from today.

Wrong premise. Britain was almost bankrupt after WWII. Holding onto India and managing it meant crores to be spent, which they simply couldn't afford. One amongst many reason, why it finally dawned on the Brits that it was time to quit.
    I am not saying it is USA's fault. I am just saying that USA made a decision and made enemies in that process. USA's enemy (Bose) turned out not to be a great force but that doesn't belittle his bravery and intentions.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    Originally posted by antimony View Post
    No,

We are surprised that Stalin is supposedly being given kudos for this
    Anti,

If my great-grandfather was killed by your great-grandfather, we'd have some kind of an enmity between us even to this day. BF is correct in his position that an enemy's friend is better dead. He has his say and his opinion matters. Fortunately this is WAB, I can criticise Jesus and Christianity and even the white supremacist Americans, quoting the correct sources and get away with it. Not lecturing you, so my apologies in advance, if you feel offended.
    Last edited by TopHatter; 12 Jan 15,, 21:45.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    How does that even make sense? By that logic, Hitler was also not the primary decision maker, he just had the final go-no-go authority.
    WRONG. Operation BARBAROSSA was his baby and his baby alone. You lack so much knowledge about WWII, even India during WWII that you're making assumptions that do not bore on facts.

I have no qualms about the bed that Bose made. Indira Gandhi did make the same bed and came out victorious.
    Indira wasn't even in power then and Mahatma Gandhi did not signed an alliance with the IJE.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle
    replied
    By not helping India win its freedom, USA forced itself to be the enemy, simple.
    IIRC, and if I've read correctly, sometime during WWII US did ask Britain to get rid of it's colonialism after the war ended i.e. grant colonies freedom. How is US the enemy then?

Also, that was World War. US had to manage many issues, and antagonizing an ally (Britain) for a distant land (India) was not a strategic option for her.

Funny how everything is US' fault even decades from today.

Nationalism had attained maturity by 1947 in India. Britishers could not hold onto the entire India no matter what after that. The British were able to rule India because unity and nationalism was absent. Their Divide and Rule policy had reached the end of its guarantee period.
    And since Britain was supreme power before WW2, and it couldn't hold on to India, Japan wouldn't have either. So, it was not the case of jumping from a pot into the fire.
    Wrong premise. Britain was almost bankrupt after WWII. Holding onto India and managing it meant crores to be spent, which they simply couldn't afford. One amongst many reason, why it finally dawned on the Brits that it was time to quit.
    Last edited by Oracle; 12 Jan 15,, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    If you want to go that route. The people responsibile was the Imperial Japanese Cabinet. They decided on war and they decided on how to prosecute that war. Hirohito had the final go-no-go but he was not the primary decision maker.
    How does that even make sense? By that logic, Hitler was also not the primary decision maker, he just had the final go-no-go authority. The decisions were made by Himmler, Goebbels and other SS officers. Hitler was called the Fuhrer in Germany and Hirohito was called the Emperor (whatever in Japanese) in Japan. Hitler should have then the same respect in Germany as Hirohito has in Japan??
    But who the hell said anything about killing Bose? There was no assassination attempt nor was he a primary target even for the Brits. If captured, he would face the books but there was no special glee for his demise. There were far more important targets to be achieved and I hate to burst more myths for you but Bose was extremely low on the list of target priorities. Hell, he's even off the list.
    I was referring to the glee in Bigfella's statement. He seemed quite happy to hear that Bose was killed by Stalin. I don't know whether or not he protests that USA didn't kill Hirohito.
    The logic that you joined a hostile combative power that declared war and launched a surprise attack on the United States and actively conducting combat operations against an Allied Power of the United States in the same theatre of operations. Legally, Bose and the INA were hostile enemies of the United States by their own choosing.

Sorry, that is the bed that Bose made.
    I have no qualms about the bed that Bose made. Indira Gandhi did make the same bed and came out victorious.

So, how does that change the JAPANESE narrative? We're not talking about what the Brits or the Americans are saying. We are talking about what the JAPANESE are saying!
    I don't know about this one, need more info.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Emperor Hirohito was the man responsible for the crimes. But hey, let him live, he is a nobody. But Bose just got his help to free India. Oh my God! lets kill him! He deserves a knock out punch! Great.
    If you want to go that route. The people responsibile was the Imperial Japanese Cabinet. They decided on war and they decided on how to prosecute that war. Hirohito had the final go-no-go but he was not the primary decision maker.

But who the hell said anything about killing Bose? There was no assassination attempt nor was he a primary target even for the Brits. If captured, he would face the books but there was no special glee for his demise. There were far more important targets to be achieved and I hate to burst more myths for you but Bose was extremely low on the list of target priorities. Hell, he's even off the list.

Except for the fact that it was India who was being punched. It approached various countries to help her stop getting punched but the Allies didn't care. So India goes to only help it could get, unfortunately Axis guys, so India should get punched more! What logic is that??
    The logic that you joined a hostile combative power that declared war and launched a surprise attack on the United States and actively conducting combat operations against an Allied Power of the United States in the same theatre of operations. Legally, Bose and the INA were hostile enemies of the United States by their own choosing.

Sorry, that is the bed that Bose made.

What I think, after Allied powers won, they went on PR worldwide mindlessly putting anyone and everyone in either the Allied or the Axis camp and treating them as such. Anyways, not my problem.
    So, how does that change the JAPANESE narrative? We're not talking about what the Brits or the Americans are saying. We are talking about what the JAPANESE are saying!

BTW, Bose was going to get Bharat Ratna, highest honorary award in India, but was not accepted by his family members as they didn't want to accept it posthumously. They believe that he might still be alive. We are not forgetting our heroes.
    Your country. Your rules. But WAB ain't India.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by antimony View Post
    Well, that is another thing. It would be so out of character for Stalin to do anything for rights or kudos. He doesn't care if the thing is right or people would cheer for it. He cares if it would scare you.

Leave a comment:

• popillol
    replied
    What does that have anything got to the fact that the IJA was killed almost to the last man?
    Emperor Hirohito was the man responsible for the crimes. But hey, let him live, he is a nobody. But Bose just got his help to free India. Oh my God! lets kill him! He deserves a knock out punch! Great.

So if I don't help you up, you have the right to punch me in the face?
    Don't be surprised about a returning knock out punch.
    Except for the fact that it was India who was being punched. It approached various countries to help her stop getting punched but the Allies didn't care. So India goes to only help it could get, unfortunately Axis guys, so India should get punched more! What logic is that??

Who cares?
    Bose is YOUR myth and you have the right to believe it anyway you want but when even the Japanese are saying that Bose was a nobody, don't make the rest of us believe those lies.
    What I think, after Allied powers won, they went on PR worldwide mindlessly putting anyone and everyone in either the Allied or the Axis camp and treating them as such. Anyways, not my problem.
    BTW, Bose was going to get Bharat Ratna, highest honorary award in India, but was not accepted by his family members as they didn't want to accept it posthumously. They believe that he might still be alive. We are not forgetting our heroes.

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Take the higher number, 50,000. The IJA was 5+ million strong. Not even 1% prisoners.

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Actually, during that time, more Indians sided against him than with him.

Yes, he lost.

Here's a guy who sided with Hitler and Hirohito and you're talking about rights? Monsters don't understand anything about rights. They only understand power. If anything, Bose chosed the smallest of the three monsters and you are surprised when the biggest monster alledgedly squashed him?
    No,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X