Stalin killed Netaji, Subramanian Swamy says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalin killed Netaji, Subramanian Swamy says

KOLKATA: Claiming that Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose did not die in a plane crash in 1945 but was killed at the instance of Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday demanded declassification of secret files on the leader.

Seeking declassification of files to unravel the mystery behind the legendary nationalist leader and freedom fighter's death, Swamy blamed Stalin of killing Bose in captivity in Siberia.

Participating in a Merchant Chamber of Commerce and Industry organized event here, Swamy, however, admitted that disclosing the secret files might jeopardize India's relation with Britain and Russia but assured of taking up the matter with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"According to the papers that exist with us, Bose had faked his death and escaped to Manchuria in China which was under Russian occupation, hoping Russia would look after him. But Stalin put him in a jail in Siberia. Somewhere around 1953, he hanged or suffocated Bose to death," said Swamy.

Swamy also claimed that the-then Indian Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru was aware about Bose being held captive in Yakutsk Prison in Siberia.

"Declassification of Netaji documents in haste and without judging the consequences would be difficult. India's relations with Britain and Russia may be affected, but I will persuade the Prime Minister to disclose the documents," said Swamy.

"The mystery of Bose's disappearance must be solved and the files must be declassified. Because it was Bose's heroics that played a catalytic role in the British leaving India despite winning the world war," added Swamy.

A host of Netaji's descendants, enthusiasts and historians and organizations have been campaigning for declassification of secret files claimed to be in possession of various government departments.

Source
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

If this is true, how does declassifying files jeopardize India's relations with Britain? What was Britain's role? And if Nehru did indeed know about it, Congress guys would be seen with begging bowls.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

That sad little Swamy, with so many problems in India, he should find a better time pass.
      But then he did what he wanted to do, appeared in news for one more day

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
        That sad little Swamy, with so many problems in India, he should find a better time pass.
        But then he did what he wanted to do, appeared in news for one more day
        Okay I admit, I posted his vomit. But, I'm no fan of Swamy. The media did get a week long prime-time debate. However, what if this is true?

Comment

Now no one cares about neta ji, his life or his death. and no one outside gandpas generation even calls him netaji anymore.
          There is no evidence of it being true, so why bother with the whatifs?

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
            Now no one cares about neta ji, his life or his death. and no one outside gandpas generation even calls him netaji anymore.
            There is no evidence of it being true, so why bother with the whatifs?
            You're very direct, aren't ya?

Comment

If this is all secret, how does Swamy know about it? Also Stalin died in 1952. Unless Stalin's atma was hanging around Siberia he couldn't have killed Bose in 1953.

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                If this is all secret, how does Swamy know about it? Also Stalin died in 1952. Unless Stalin's atma was hanging around Siberia he couldn't have killed Bose in 1953.
                Stalin dies in March 53, so it could be true. It probably isn't. It sounds highly questionable. Can't work out why a guy who allied himself with the Nazis & Japanese would think Uncle Joe would protect him. Kudos to Stalin if it is true.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  "According to the papers that exist with us, Bose had faked his death and escaped to Manchuria in China which was under Russian occupation, hoping Russia would look after him. But Stalin put him in a jail in Siberia. Somewhere around 1953, he hanged or suffocated Bose to death," said Swamy.
                  Why does he not publish his own damn papers then?

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                  "Declassification of Netaji documents in haste and without judging the consequences would be difficult. India's relations with Britain and Russia may be affected, but I will persuade the Prime Minister to disclose the documents," said Swamy.
                  Why? So that Swamy can have his sad little moment in the sun?
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Kudos to Stalin if it is true.
                    Why? Netaji wasn't that much of an animal to deserve something like that
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      Why? Netaji wasn't that much of an animal to deserve something like that
                      Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for. Half the 1400 men who served in his battalion died at the hands of those animals Bose served, virtually all while captive. This included wounded men who were bayonetted. If this is true he got a decade more life than they did. I realize some Indians respect him, but I never can.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for.
                        He fought for India's independence. On whether he could have held against Japanese later is different question and a tough one to answer.
                        Benedict Arnold will always be remembered as a traitor in USA but quite the opposite in Britain. Matter of perspective.
                        I think a huge majority of Indians respect him, not only some.

Comment

Neither were the men in my uncle's unit who met far worse fates at the hands of the people Bose fought for. Half the 1400 men who served in his battalion died at the hands of those animals Bose served, virtually all while captive. This included wounded men who were bayonetted. If this is true he got a decade more life than they did. I realize some Indians respect him, but I never can.
                          The people Bose fought for were the people of India, just to clarify.

And the men in your uncle's unit served fought for those who ordered Jalianwallah bagh and had been squeezing the colonies for centuries. So what?

Shit happens in a war, get on board with it. Bose did not personally kill your uncle or whoever.

No one is asking you to respect him, just as Indians will never respect Churchill. I am only asking why you are excited about his wanton death, at the hands of someone like Stalin. Because he took help from people who killed your uncle's friends? By that logic, everyone in the Japanese army should have been killed after they were captured.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                            Why does he not publish his own damn papers then?

Why? So that Swamy can have his sad little moment in the sun?
                            I just posted the article. Why beat me? The least we're related to is dry fish and Ilish.

Comment

Bose is no hero to me. My family and friends worship him, I go with facts. However, there are people, i.e. Indians who revere him. Bose was not only a great orator but also a patriot. During that time, in his shoes, I'd probably be the same. And BF, shit happens during war. :)

And whatever Bose was, that lil' fcuk Stalin didn't have any right to execute him, if that's true. Not without no reason, why I despise the Russians. Those Shylock, they always make sure they took more than a pound of flesh.
                              Last edited by Oracle; 11 Jan 15,, 18:35.

Comment

Working...
                              X