New Delhi's new red line on dialogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    All i can say is it might help in the upcoming J&K elections later this year. Will snubbing the seperatists help out the other parties. Simplify the picture for the electorate.

This implies that this stance only applies for this year. After the elections will be different.

Kashmir has a predominantly Muslim population. Jammu has a significant Muslim population. Ladakh has Muslim's as almost half of it's population.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Why does India bother with the charade in Kashmir. Why not do a Xinjiang and tell the population to either shape up or ship out to the Land of the Pure....
      Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
        Why does India bother with the charade in Kashmir. Why not do a Xinjiang and tell the population to either shape up or ship out to the Land of the Pure....
        Because they are your citizens and they have rights guarranteed under your Constitution.
        Chimo

Comment

Because we are a "Democracy" and we can't roll over TANKS on the citizens to suppress.Also there are some misguided opportunists thinking of being a Khalifa of their "Sultanet" made on the blood of innocents.

In PoK any dissent results in a bullet through the head.

Comment

Apart from what the Colonel said, the GoI doesn't want to be seen through the same lens vis-a-vis Pakistan in PoK. I do however agree with your views that terrorist's and their sympathisers should be given a one way ticket wherever they want to go, their names erased from voting list, and their citizenship revoked.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
            X