No announcement yet.

Student from Arunachal 'beaten to death' in south Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah tamilians....I learnt in Chennai never ever to go even remotely near the topic of language.
    People are always ready to start ranting on about Tamil is great, tamil is best, tamil is oldest and so on....
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      The point is, people born in NE grow up with insurgency in their backyard, me included. Some of the poorest get sucked and end up with a bullet, while the remaining few either do unskilled jobs and get by or move into big cities for economic opportunities. Now, even the educated lot from NE, who migrate to cities like Delhi, are on a daily basis meted out racist taunts. So, the fear psychosis that sets in right from childhood coupled with the indifferent attitude of people from metros, make them stay with their own kind, as they feel safe. It's not clan'ish, it's the insecurity they face in their own country.

How many Indians do actually go and talk to these guys from NE, without looking at awe at them on the streets?

There are bad apples, but most of them are straight and simple. We just need to reach out.
      Its a two way street Oracle. You (people of the NE) are a small minority in the larger construct of India. Beause you come from a troubled place, when you do branch out onto the rest of India, is no reason to stay isolated together.

If you want people to reach out, you need to mix and be accessible first.

Not saying you are not, but the majority perception is of NE people sticking together (for whatever reason) in their small groups. It difficult to make friendly overtures to such groups when the impression given out is "hands off, we are different, and we feel like outsiders here."

Hope you get the point I am making.

Yet if you see, there are many organisations from the much bashed so called Indian fringe right wing which were the first to come to your rescue and succor when you were targeted recently in the big metros. I hope that was not lost on you.

Taali do haath se bajti hai bhai (brother, you need two hands to clap).
      Last edited by sated buddha; 12 Feb 14,, 05:54.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
        Yet if you see, there are many organisations from the much bashed so called Indian fringe right wing which were the first to come to your rescue and succor when you were targeted recently in the big metros. I hope that was not lost on you.
        Which group are you talking about???

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Its a two way street Oracle. You (people of the NE) are a small minority in the larger construct of India. Beause you come from a troubled place, when you do branch out onto the rest of India, is no reason to stay isolated together.

If you want people to reach out, you need to mix and be accessible first.

Not saying you are not, but the majority perception is of NE people sticking together (for whatever reason) in their small groups. It difficult to make friendly overtures to such groups when the impression given out is "hands off, we are different, and we feel like outsiders here."

Hope you get the point I am making.

Taali do haath se bajti hai bhai (brother, you need two hands to clap).
          You did not understand the point I raised and used an unnecessary Hindi idiom.

Fear psychosis is psychological. It's impact is greater. You obviously haven't lived in a situation I described, so you wouldn't know. So, it's useless discussing with you, when you cannot comprehend the larger issue at hand, and go on comparing. And I also did say there are bad apples, not everyone from the NE is a saint.

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
          RSS.

SB - do you really think the RSS did those people any favor? If you think they did, then where is the 'Unity in Diversity' crap I hear all the time? They were milking the political scene to get inroads into NE India. Hope you understand politics. More than the RSS, it was the swift action by Center, and State governments which tracked the SMS' and booked the culprits. Having said that, whatever they did, and how little or big those were, they did a good job. I give it to them. But the fact is, it did not allay the concerns of those people from NE in any way. I say again, it was the State Governments and the GoI, in Bangalore it was the BJP - who in the 5 years of mess they created, did a commendable job, in getting back those people from the NE.
          Last edited by Oracle; 12 Feb 14,, 06:15.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

The RSS.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            You did not understand the point I raised and used and you used an unnecessary Hindi idiom.

Fear psychosis is psychological. It's impact is greater. You obviously haven't lived in a situation I described, so you wouldn't know. So, it's useless discussing with you, when you cannot comprehend the larger issue at hand, and go on comparing. And I also did say there are bad apples, not everyone from the NE is a saint.
            Please do not question my comprehension here Oracle. I understood you very well actually. Whether you would like to continue engaging or go back to sulking and acting the victim is entirely your prerogative.

RSS.

SB - do you really think the RSS did those people any favor? If you think they did, then where is the 'Unity in Diversity' crap I hear all the time? They were milking the political scene to get inroads into NE India. Hope you understand politics. More than the RSS, it was the swift action by Center, and State governments which tracked the SMS' and booked the culprits.
            The RSS is not a political party. The RSS came to your rescue and ensured you were protected at the railway stations, with food and water and blankets, when a particular section of the society were baying for your blood. Do not be ungrateful.

Attached Files
            Last edited by sated buddha; 12 Feb 14,, 06:22.

Comment

The RSS.
              The facists..

The RSS is not a political party. The RSS came to your rescue and ensured you were protected at the railway stations, with food and water and blankets, when a particular section of the society were baying for your blood. Do not be ungrateful.
              Oh come on, they were looking for brownie points.
              In Mangalore, RSS goons target the Christians and girls in pubs, and then put up a hearts-and-minds campaign for the NE youth.

RSS came into the picture since it was a Muslims vs the northesterners issue.
              Last edited by lemontree; 12 Feb 14,, 07:03.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

The facists..
                Sure. Since you say so.

Oh come on, they were looking for brownie points.
                In Mangalore, RSS goons target the Christians and girls in pubs, and then put up a hearts-and-minds campaign for the NE youth.
                Its always easy ascribing motives to someone else. How many Christian churches and bodies came to the rescue of their Christian breathren from the NE when they were being mangled all over? Be honest, and do not let your obvious bias cloud your reply.

RSS came into the picture since it was a Muslims vs the northesterners issue.
                A real gem as an afterthought LT.

Why did the Shiv Sena come to the rescue of the surds in Mumbai in '84?

Please, your minority bias is peeking through.
                Last edited by sated buddha; 12 Feb 14,, 07:09.

Comment

:pop:
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Its always easy ascribing motives to someone else. How many Christian churches and bodies came to the rescue of their Christian breathren from the NE when they were being mangled all over? Be honest, and do not let your obvious bias cloud your reply.
                    The reason is simple, the church is a religious institution and not a organisation that maintains a miltia. Other wise there would have been a long drawn civil war in Dangs, Gujarat and Kandhamal, Orissa.

Why did the Shiv Sena come to the rescuse of the surds in Mumbai in '84?
                    Bullshit, Bombay was quiet in 1984. It was not even a figment of the northern cities.
                    Typical of Shiv Sena to take credit for the character of a city that they have now destroyed.

Please, your minority bias is peeking through.
                    Calling communalists and facists is not being bias. It is a party based on the Nazi system.
                    The RSS uses deception to create violence and hatred. The ultimate aim for it is to rule India and kick out all non-Hindus.
                    The VHP goes around preaching pehle kasai phir issai (first the muslims and then the christians).

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

LT, kind of disappointed that you brought up the Muslim card. Normally I never look at things as Hindu and Muslim.

But did it perhaps escape your notice (as it did Oracle's) which community the Delhi shopkeepers belonged to?

Before you both shout racism, maybe you could take a deep breath and look at things more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        :pop:
                        Take a drink too, this will get crazy....

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Take a drink too, this will get crazy....
                          No it won't. I understand where you come from. And I respect you as an ex fauji. Today evening, after office, we can both have a drink on each other kaptaan saab.

"It was the Congress(I) leaders who instigated mobs in 1984 and got more than 3000 people killed. I must give due credit to RSS and the BJP for showing courage and protecting helpless Sikhs during those difficult days” - Khushwant Singh. (K. Singh: Publik Asia, 16-11-1989).

For the non Indians reading in, Khushwant Singh is a firebrand old-school Sikh journalist and novelist not known for mincing his words.
                          Last edited by sated buddha; 12 Feb 14,, 07:42.

Comment

LT, kind of disappointed that you brought up the Muslim card. Normally I never look at things as Hindu and Muslim.
                            You should be disappointed in what the RSS is doing to the polarity of this nation. In its quest for political power, the fabric of the country is being destroyed.

But did it perhaps escape your notice (as it did Oracle's) which community the Delhi shopkeepers belonged to?
                            The names of the chaps who got arrested - Farman, Sunder, Pawan and Sunny Uppal.
                            Uppal sur name is a Jaat name, (if i am not mistaken). Dont know about the community of the others since only first names are given in the news reports.
                            Last edited by lemontree; 12 Feb 14,, 07:45.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

No it won't. I understand where you come from. And I respect you as an ex fauji. Today evening, after office, we can both have a drink on each other kaptaan saab.
                              Oh no dude, the past arguments on RSS get rather messy, and I dont intend to fight with you.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

You should be disappointed in what the RSS is doing to the polarity of this nation. In its quest for political power, the fabric of the country is being destroyed.
                                The RSS is not a political entity. Never was, never will be.

As an Indian, you should be more bothered about what the party in power for the majority of our independent existence has done towards polarizing the nation - both to stay in power, and at the start of it, to cleave the nation to get to power.

The name of the chaps who got arrested - Farman, Sunder, Pawan and Sunny Uppal.
                                The shopkeepers who led the clobbering were Farhan and Akram. I think we've both been around enough to know how things work in India.

Comment

Working...
                                X