India Says Five Soldiers Killed in Attack on Pakistan Border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
    If only it was that easy, Pakistan itself is the biggest victim of terrorism. If the US with infinite resources could not end terrorism in Afghanistan, what makes you think Pakistan can do that with only a fraction of resources.
    Revoke your constitution which says Ahmedis are non muslims. Re-write the textbooks which preach anti-Hindu sermons. Get off theocracy for once. What does it take to arrest a terrorist like Hafiz Sayeed?

US with infinite resources has not failed. You're damn lucky, US didn't go nuclear, they could have.

What you want is what you'll get.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
      You have extremely unrealistic and fanciful expectations of what the US would do to their major non-NATO ally. The pakistani state does not AFAIK indulge in terrorism against the US. They're only responsible for providing a safe haven to some of those who do. Against India on the other hand, they actively connive with the terrorist groups in their plans. It would be unwise to lump the US and India together when it comes to Pakistan.
      They do. Pakistanis really do. Remember the New York failed bomb plot? Pakistan might be an ally now, but how long does it take for the snake to bite you back?

Pakistanis does not indulge in terrorism against the US? What comes in the bloody body bags then?

It's never too late to co-operate with the # 1 country in the world. The world will see......
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        They do. Pakistanis really do. Remember the New York failed bomb plot? Pakistan might be an ally now, but how long does it take for the snake to bite you back?

Pakistanis does not indulge in terrorism against the US? What comes in the bloody body bags then?
        Individual pakistanis may indulge in terrorism across the world. Notice I used "Pakistani state" not "Pakistanis". Even if ordinary pakistanis think the US is the great satan, the PA and the GoP know that the US is their lifeline. They will go as far as harboring some of the terrorists, but usually little more. If the price is right, they may even cooperate with the US to kill or capture the terrorists that the US wants, like all those AQ No.2's and 3's that they provided over the years. Osama would have been their trump card, but the Americans located him themselves.
        Its not the same with India. Good luck getting them to hand over Dawood Ibrahim, Tiger Memon or even Maulana Masood Azhar.

It's never too late to co-operate with the # 1 country in the world. The world will see......
        Co-operate to do what? You need to have the same objectives in order to co-operate.

Comment

Sir, any solution you have in mind?
          Nothing military. It has to be a diplomatic solution, even if it's a tempoary one.

Comment

It's interesting to see that according to the Pak media, every single person killed or injured on the Pakistani side in the cross-firing has been a civilian. If it's not all propaganda, then you'd think that they'd clear the civvies out of the firing line. I know it is normal practice on the Indian side to evacuate villages along the LoC once the big guns open up.
            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              This saddens me to no end.

This is nothing more than a pissing contest by both sides to see who can inflict the most casualties before the other quits. Both sides are embarked on killing for the sake of killing. Not to hold ground, not to achieve the destruction of a hostile threat. But to kill, just to kill.

A waste of good men for the simple pleasure of bloodletting.

I pray someone with enough sense to put a stop to this. There are many reasons why you would initiate military actions, including punitive actions. But this? This. This.
              It has to be done sir... even if it is only to keep up the morale of Indian troops. Afterall, how long do you sit and watch insurgents, and the so-called "non-state/rouge" elements, kill your troops in routine cross-border attacks?

While Pakistan may claim that Indian SF troops also conduct operations across the LoC, we know that the flow of insurgents is a one-way route.
              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

I am sick and tired of simple swallowing it all and turning the other cheek. We swallowed it in Kargil, in Kandahar, after the 2001 Parliament attacks, after the 2006 Bombay Train attacks, after 26/11 and many others. They will keep killing our men and we are just supposed to let them??? If this is simple bloodletting then so be it. I have no problem in us gunning as many of them down as possible. Enough of this!

As Captain LT said, there have been times (very few times) when we have responded in scale and that has stopped them for a while. Its time to scale it up again.
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                  It's interesting to see that according to the Pak media, every single person killed or injured on the Pakistani side in the cross-firing has been a civilian. If it's not all propaganda, then you'd think that they'd clear the civvies out of the firing line. I know it is normal practice on the Indian side to evacuate villages along the LoC once the big guns open up.
                  There are civilian causalities from the drone attacks too. Guess it can't be helped
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Nothing military. It has to be a diplomatic solution, even if it's a tempoary one.
                    We do not have the political or diplomatic heavyweight leadership to take this up. MS is too weak. I know you have the idea that if India can make herself less of a threat to either China or Pakistan, we can turn them against each other. We do not have the visionary leadership capable of attempting that.

till that time, we have to have a military solution. Else we will continue to bleed

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      till that time, we have to have a military solution. Else we will continue to bleed
                      That IS your military solution. Who's got the most blood to bleed. Escalation is not an acceptable option which means who's got the most replacement bodies to bring up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        That IS your military solution. Who's got the most blood to bleed. Escalation is not an acceptable option which means who's got the most replacement bodies to bring up.
                        Col.

When I said we bleed I refer to the terrorist attacks. At least now we are responding.

Q: Why is escalation not an acceptable option? I think we both agree that within a limited time frame of escalation, going nuclear is just a bluff.
                        A: Because we and our leadership lack the balls. We could have solved this during Kargil, when there was no nuclear option. We did not. We are facing the consequences.

And to answer your other question, we can keep bleeding by the time they run dry.
                        Last edited by antimony; 15 Aug 13,, 23:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                          Col.

When I said we bleed I refer to the terrorist attacks. At least now we are responding.

Q: Why is escalation not an acceptable option? I think we both agree that within a limited time frame of escalation, going nuclear is just a bluff.
                          A: Because we and our leadership lack the balls. We could have solved this during Kargil, when there was no nuclear option. We did not. We are facing the consequences.

And to answer your other question, we can keep bleeding by the time they run dry.
                          As a country, if India's goal is to make Pakistan pay, invade them, go all out or not. Be my guest, I got my popcorn ready already.

If India's goal is to achieve something bigger whatever it is, then probably not. Your economy is in disarray, Rupee is at the lowest point in decades. Not a good time to stir things up, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            As a country, if India's goal is to make Pakistan pay, invade them, go all out or not. Be my guest, I got my popcorn ready already.
                            It is wonderful to see you take pleasure in human suffering. By the way, try cheerios, they are healthier

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                            If India's goal is to achieve something bigger whatever it is, then probably not. Your economy is in disarray, Rupee is at the lowest point in decades. Not a good time to stir things up, IMO.
                            I am glad to see how much your heart bleeds for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              Dude, please, let us not talk about what US can do, coz' we all know what they can. They can bomb your and my arses back into the stone age. Stop aiding and abetting terrorists. Stop terrorists giving sermons in halls. Shell the god darn terrorist camps in PoK, for a start. If you need resources, we'll be glad to oblige.

I hope it never happens, but one more 9/11, and you'd cease to exist. Frankly, I'd hate that. We need an eye for an eye once a while.
                              Revoke your constitution which says Ahmedis are non muslims. Re-write the textbooks which preach anti-Hindu sermons. Get off theocracy for once. What does it take to arrest a terrorist like Hafiz Sayeed?

US with infinite resources has not failed. You're damn lucky, US didn't go nuclear, they could have.

What you want is what you'll get.
                              Hahahahaa

Okay Cowboy
                              Last edited by notorious_eagle; 16 Aug 13,, 00:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                                This saddens me to no end.

This is nothing more than a pissing contest by both sides to see who can inflict the most casualties before the other quits. Both sides are embarked on killing for the sake of killing. Not to hold ground, not to achieve the destruction of a hostile threat. But to kill, just to kill.

A waste of good men for the simple pleasure of bloodletting.

I pray someone with enough sense to put a stop to this. There are many reasons why you would initiate military actions, including punitive actions. But this? This. This.
                                That is because the InA is prevented from taking punitive action and can only do one thing it can do: Kill the others to make examples. Blame it on the stupid peacenik, MMS.

Comment

Working...
                                X