No announcement yet.

Terror camps targeting India spared from drone strikes in ISI-CIA deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are friggin serious. Your civilians are under attack by a foriegn military power and you do not have the authority to defend yourselves.

Do you actually believe the bullshit you're typing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
      Ah yes, nothing else left so resort to the 'go someplace else' canard.

The problem I have, as articulated in this thread and others, is specifically related to US foreign policy and the manner in which the US Establishment has and is conducting illegal drone strikes in Pakistan - policies and tactics akin to tyrants and thugs like Saddam and the Nazi's.
      If I was Gunny, I would've infact DEMANDED that. You have NO-BUSINESS residing in MY motherland and bleeding MY boys, while hiding under MY country's 'plz save the aliens in my country policy'. Likes of Tankie and Dave are already experiencing your benevolence. Get a life.

Aside - We intelligent Indians have an indepth analysis of what's up in your commander's, you know what...
      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Correct - the soldiers responded after they came under unprovoked fire from US and Afghan forces, and they would respond if they came under fire from a US drone as well, but since US drone strikes don't target Pakistani soldiers, your analogy does not apply.
        Is this a Freudian slip? Are you saying that the pakistani military will only defend if your soldiers are attacked and not your civilians? Don't they care about the civilians?

Comment

How do you think the US kept tabs on Pakistani air traffic, specifically PAF air traffic, when it was carrying out the OBL raid?
          They didn't have to. They were coming in at very low altitude in those stealth hawks. None of it applies here. Taking out a Predator is well within the capabilities of the PAF. And like I said, they don't seem to have even tried. Your capability argument is bogus. The political argument is being dismantled by OoE and the others.

Comment

• Gentlemen,I am and always will be of the opinion that is better to behave like an a$$hole openly and proudly,than come around with pathetic tricks.I've no problem with good tricks,if I can get away with it.But to lower myself with feeble arguments,and to be aware they're feeble...Nope,no way.

This fellow of ours could just say a big F..K YOU,see ya next round,suckers.

Seems I'm a lost cause for the diplomatic service
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
              Is this a Freudian slip? Are you saying that the pakistani military will only defend if your soldiers are attacked and not your civilians? Don't they care about the civilians?
              It implies ever so strongly the notion that, "The Pakistani army has a country, rather than the Pakistani nation having an army."
              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Usually, trolls know when they're trolls....

This is not the case this time.

Comment

Point being that India does not have the ability to economically or militarily punish Pakistan that the US has, which is why the Pakistani response to an Indian act of aggression would be significantly different from the response to an act of aggression from the US.
                  If the IAF starts knocking down your dams and power stations, while the Indian Navy enforces a blockade of your country, what options does Pakistan have other than to run for international help while threatening with nuclear weapons? Pak navy cannot challenge the IN, your air force cannot fight a war of attrition with the IAF, and your army sits hunkered down in their bunkers. India has more than enough ability to punish Pakistan, it just does not have the will.
                  Last edited by Tronic; 11 Apr 13,, 20:28.
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

• Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                    If the IAF starts knocking down your dams and power stations, while the Indian Navy enforces a blockade of your country, what options does Pakistan have other than to run for international help while threatening with nuclear weapons? Pak navy cannot challenge the IN, your air force cannot fight a war of attrition with the IAF, and your army sits hunkered down in their bunkers. India has more than enough ability to punish Pakistan, it just does not have the will.
                    The will? Hmm... I thought India has no incentive.

Think about it. Besides the momentous feel good moment and few points for the ruling party, what would India gain with such actions besides producing more "militants"? .
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      The will? Hmm... I thought India has no incentive.

Think about it. Besides the momentous feel good moment and few points for the ruling party, what would India gain with such actions besides producing more "militants"? .
                      The Pakistanis need to understand that if they kill Indians it'll result in even more dead Pakistanis. And more importantly for their rulers, loss of money and property. It is as simple as that.

Right now, the Pakistanis can carry out terrorist attacks in India at random, smug in the knowledge that they won't have bombs falling on their heads in return. Pakistan has little control over the militant organizations which attack the US. Not so in the case of those who attack India. We know exactly who the prime movers are. The LeT and their sister organizations are just middle-management and foot soldiers.

Comment

• I am only speculating here, but casualties (in lives and property) must be more bearable then full contact in the head of decision makers and planners.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                          I am only speculating here, but casualties (in lives and property) must be more bearable then full contact in the head of decision makers and planners.
                          I do not believe there will be a full on contact. Unless we are stupider than before I do not think there will be another Kargil. India herself is not going to escalate; cold storaging Cold Start put an end to that one. What we (at least me) are hoping for is more targeted Arty strikes, which does already happen on a limited scale (see the exchange between LT and AM). I would also hope for hits on scum like Hafiz Saeed once in a while
                          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Is Cold start really there?

Indian officials say no. Col thinks not (IIRC), so it is no for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                              The Pakistanis need to understand that if they kill Indians it'll result in even more dead Pakistanis. And more importantly for their rulers, loss of money and property. It is as simple as that.

Right now, the Pakistanis can carry out terrorist attacks in India at random, smug in the knowledge that they won't have bombs falling on their heads in return. Pakistan has little control over the militant organizations which attack the US. Not so in the case of those who attack India. We know exactly who the prime movers are. The LeT and their sister organizations are just middle-management and foot soldiers.
                              But that's just it - the Pakistani establishment doesn't give a hoot about common Pakistanis being killed. It is fully prepared to launch a suicidal nuclear war against India, one which it cannot hope to win but only to inflict severe damage upon us. So 30-40 million Pakistanis die in the process? Meh. It is a mess that the global community would have to mop up, while Zardari, Kiyani and co are cooling their heels in Dubai. Pakistan is the only country that negotiates with a gun to their own head. It's the perfect manifestation of a suicide bomber on a national scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                                But that's just it - the Pakistani establishment doesn't give a hoot about common Pakistanis being killed. It is fully prepared to launch a suicidal nuclear war against India, one which it cannot hope to win but only to inflict severe damage upon us. So 30-40 million Pakistanis die in the process? Meh. It is a mess that the global community would have to mop up, while Zardari, Kiyani and co are cooling their heels in Dubai. Pakistan is the only country that negotiates with a gun to their own head. It's the perfect manifestation of a suicide bomber on a national scale.
                                Which citizens? Destroy a bunch of POK villages they might not care. I am not so sure about the ones across the Punjab border. Also, they do give a hoot about officers being killed. As per LT's account, after the PA Brigade that controlled the scum that did the Kaluchak incident, things quitened down on that side
                                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X