Jammu & Kashmir Priest arrested for conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vsdoc View Post
    Beyond the already existing flashpoint that J&K is, there will always be a flashpoint when two religions that aggressively convert butt heads with each other. The Hindu majority is a lot more tolerant about this which is why it rarely makes news elsewhere. Till it sometimes reaches a violent breaking point. It is my personal belief that both religions need to cool off of the religious evangelism fervor and ardor stakes for the next few hundred years at least. Covert if you must. But let the person come to you out of genuine interest. Anything else is just treading thin ice, no matter how you disguise the effort.
    Hmm... I don't support conversions, unless totally voluntary.

However, this is how things work and it is still voluntarily if they come to you and you decide to accept their faith. It is a fair game as if you reject ;)

Maybe the state can stop those conversions by banning such visits.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Hmm... I don't support conversions, unless totally voluntary.

However, this is how things work and it is still voluntarily if they come to you and you decide to accept their faith. It is a fair game as if you reject ;)

Maybe the state can stop those conversions by banning such visits.
      You are talking theory out here. I am talking on the ground. Not in parliament or the court. It would be difficult for outsiders to realize the impact religion has on our social fabric that is still evolving in what is still a young nation. I have lived through religious riots as a child. Arson, bloodshed, curfews, suspicion, hatred, flag marches, rationing. I would prefer India and Indians to evolve our own method, that works for us, so that my children and theirs never have to again. And I am sure that we are on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by nvishal View Post
        I have no idea who LT is. And I still don't understand why this is being discussed on WAB.
        Well to start with, he is a veteran from the Indian Army and a long time respected member of WAB. Somebody who has walked the talk. As about discussing this here, this place happens to be a geo-political and strategic discussion forum, quite suitable for this type of discussion and hence NOT your "momma's little kitchen garden".
        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Let's everybody keep cool, all right?
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Delta, where are you located PM me. Meet up if you pass by Mumbai sometime.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
              FCKING why not. WTF do you mean by cultural difference. You can have a Zakir Naik openly convert people in Hindu heartlands but the same cannot be done in Muslim lands because of cultural difference. Is it really cultural difference or are you simply appeasing them. Appeasement only leads to more aggression.
              Evangelism campaign is a natural trait among monotheist belief systems. It's an extreme game. The muslims have raised the stakes. The christians cannot cry foul. They can either play the game or quit.

Contrary to what you believe, the hindus are doing something about zakir naik and the bomb blasts. You need to understand that there is always a cost and a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by nvishal View Post
                Contrary to what you believe, the hindus are doing something about zakir naik....
                Could you give an idea was things done to stop him or hinder his activities in any way?

...and the bomb blasts. You need to understand that there is always a cost and a benefit.
                Responding to the bomb blasts...in what way? If you mean that there will be blasts carried out by the hindu org, then they are no better than the mullahs. I wonder if they will ever make a dent in J&K.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Responding to the bomb blasts...in what way? If you mean that there will be blasts carried out by the hindu org, then they are no better than the mullahs. I wonder if they will ever make a dent in J&K.Responding to the bomb blasts...in what way? If you mean that there will be blasts carried out by the hindu org, then they are no better than the mullahs. I wonder if they will ever make a dent in J&K.

Agreed if the hindu org carry out blasts they are no better than mullahs... But why do you think it will not make a dent in J&K. IMO it would be effective

Comment

Working...
                  X