Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=S-2;679442]"It really breaks my heart to see British Soldiers being killed..its American soldier's who should be killed like rats...Well, anyway just few days ago 8 US Soldiers went straight to hell."

Posted earlier this morning elsewhere by a Pakistani citizen.

WHERE Was this posted and how do you know it was a Pakistani citizen????
    Did they provide you with a copy of their Passport? Or could it be somebody like an Indian posing as a Pakistani because they hate Pakistanis, like you!
    I would assume that the majority of Pakistanis want a good life for themselves and their children like people everywhere.

Comment

• MiketheTyke Reply

"Or could it be somebody like an Indian posing as a Pakistani because they hate Pakistanis, like you!"

uh oh...!

Tyke is correct.

Most here know better than question where I got that quote-much less in the manner you've displayed. You, OTOH, have just exposed the very narrow confines of your grey matter.

I don't see you in contributing here so you might consider hitting the road of your own volition before being dispatched for humanity's good ...little Mikey.

Bet you'll try anything once...:))

May you live in interesting times...
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• MiketheTyke Reply

It's customary here to check into the member intro board before wandering off into cyber-space. I recommend you do such though God only knows why as you're time here is likely damned short...

you rude lil' fcuk.
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• This post certainly went off in a weird direction.
          Michael C

On Violence Twitter

Comment

• Michael C Reply

"This post certainly went off in a weird direction."

MiketheTyke had the temerity to question the authenticity of my original quote that highlights this THREAD. He did so without the minimum requirement of checking into the member intro board and, moreover, with an uncommon arrogance and rudeness that wasn't underlined by any display of requisite credibility.

He was advised of proper board decorum by myself, dispatched altogether by another before making it to the member intro board and we are again on track and awaiting a relevant comment or observation.

Have you one?

Comment

• I myself a Pakistani hate to see what my Country men think of USA or western world. They(even educated) hates west, they think every thing that happens in Pakistan is a conspiracy by the west and Jews. But as I have seen them very closely we the pakistanis have to stand against this poor attitute. We have to accept that we have a problem, and we must rectify it with the help of west specialy US & if we don't I think we will distroy ourself in near future and cease to exist. Unfortunately we are still moving very fast towards later position.
              Taliban and Islamic terrorism is a problem we created and now the student have become the master, we must kill this new master.

Someone said about "majority of pakistanis wanted a good life for their children".... Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not true, believe me I lived with my countrymen I know that, religion is more important for us than our own childrens. Golda Meir once said "Peace will come to the Middle East when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us ..." we the Pakistanis have to do the same.
              Last edited by freejam; 28 Oct 09,, 22:51.
              We gotta stop hating

Comment

• freejam Reply

Refreshingly different to what we've commonly been used to reading.

It takes all kinds, I guess...:)

Welcome but, please, introduce yourself at the top of the board.

Comment

• I don't hate US & ISRAEL
                  I hope you include India too in that group..

Comment

• Originally posted by subba View Post
                    I hope you include India too in that group..
                    I changed it all together.

Just for the record I don't hate India, I do have Indian friends Hindus and Muslims even Sikhs. We both got a very bad past. Unfortunately we 1.5 billion people suffer because of poor leadership of our countries. I hope one day we all will stop hating each other just because of the nationality and religion.

@ S 2: oh sorry for not introducing myself I will do it ASAP.
                    We gotta stop hating

Comment

• Originally posted by freejam View Post
                      I changed it all together.

Just for the record I don't hate India, I do have Indian friends Hindus and Muslims even Sikhs. We both got a very bad past. Unfortunately we 1.5 billion people suffer because of poor leadership of our countries. I hope one day we all will stop hating each other just because of the nationality and religion.

@ S 2: oh sorry for not introducing myself I will do it ASAP.
                      One slight difference.
                      Our politicos are no better than yours as far as individual integrity is concerned, though I won't generalise. However, religion always takes a back seat when it comes to our children and basic ammenities, food, electricity, water and employment. People are willing to confront the establishment on these counts more than they would do for religion.

Testimony: One/Two months after a communal riot, I've seen the same hullaboo shopkeeper trying vehemently to start his shop again, bad mouthing the politicians and singing like a nightangle on harmony and peace.
                      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• Pakistan's growing anti-US anger
                        By Aleem Maqbool
                        BBC News, Islamabad

Recently, while Pakistan's government may have been saying the things that the White House wants to hear, the country's media and public have often been openly hostile towards the United States.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's charm offensive this week suggests that she recognises that.

Town hall-style meetings with students in Lahore and round-table debates with senior news broadcasters in Islamabad may be seen as steps in the right direction.

'Go America Go'

But it is likely to take much more to turn around Pakistani mistrust of American intentions.

"Americans want this country to face anarchy," says Munawar Hassan, the head of Pakistan's largest religious party, Jamaat-e-Islami.

He has just finished giving another press conference in his "Go America Go" tour.

"They will then say that the atomic weapons of Pakistan are unsafe and that the United Nations should come in," he continues.

"They want to deprive Pakistan of its nuclear programme."

Mr Hassan goes on to talk of his anger at American air strikes in Pakistan's tribal areas and at the planned expansion of the US embassy in Islamabad.

But these days, in Pakistan, it is not just from the mouths of Islamist politicians like Mr Hassan that you hear feelings like that expressed.

Not far away, Hamid Mir is in his office in the Geo TV building, preparing to go on air.

His show, Capital Talk, is one of the most influential news talk shows in the country.

'Mirror of society'

Mr Mir has accused the US of surreptitiously increasing the number of marines in Pakistan and allowing private security agencies like Blackwater to operate here.

He says he has no problem with accusations that Capital Talk is anti-American.

"The whole of Pakistan is anti-American," he says.

"The talk shows are just a mirror of Pakistani society. It would be very easy for me to be the darling of Washington, but then I will become the villain for my viewers and the common people in Pakistan."

Animosity towards the US seems to have increased since a new bill - widely known as the Kerry-Lugar bill - was passed by Congress.

It promises a massive injection of aid to Pakistan, but with conditions attached which many Pakistanis feel give the US too much control over their country's affairs.

"They say they are our friends," says Mr Mir. "But through the Kerry-Lugar bill they are trying to convert all of Pakistan into their slave. This is the feeling in Pakistan."

On her current trip, Mrs Clinton has gone out of her way to assure Pakistanis that the White House has no interest in micro-managing their country.

She has said America simply wants to strengthen ties and help Pakistan deal with its considerable militant threat.

That threat has been horrifically apparent in recent weeks, with a massive series of deadly attacks right across the country. But even many of those affected have little faith in the US.

Take the Islamic University on the outskirts of Islamabad. Just a week ago, two suicide bombers walked into the campus and blew themselves up. One was at the entrance of the women's canteen.

Now female students line up there to light candles, lay flowers and place written messages on the wall for their friends and colleagues who died.

It was the Taliban who claimed they had carried out the attack, but it is not towards them that anger is being directed.

"There's a lot of involvement from America. We feel America is responsible for the blast," says the first student we speak to. Her friends join in.

"These are the people spreading terror in Pakistan," says one.

"The Taliban are not spreading terror, it is these people, Hillary Clinton and before her Bush. We don't need America, things were better before they came here."

Certainly a lot of the collective mistrust of the US stems from a historic feeling that America uses Pakistan when it wants, and then abandons it.

Najam Rafique, head of the Americas department at the Institute of Strategic Studies in Islamabad, says it is only natural for America to want to have greater influence in Pakistan.

"This is not just about the War on Terror," he says.

"Pakistan has borders with Iran, whose nuclear programme America wants to keep an eye on. It has direct links to China, with whom America is in open competition, and access to Central Asia, where vast resources are waiting to be tapped.

"Of course the Americans have their own national interests in mind. If they are moving in terms of securing those interests, why would you blame them?"

He says that while Pakistanis may have some reasons to doubt US sincerity, it is time for them to stop blaming America for all the country's ills.

"We have political instability, economic instability and even social instability. We have food scarcity and energy shortages.

"Pakistanis can't blame America for all of that, because a lot of those things are of our own making."

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's growing anti-US anger

Comment

• 1980s Reply

1980s, you're touching on a pet peeve of mine. I don't need the article AND the link. The link is fine WITH your comments. That's what I want. YOUR thoughts and a link is perfect.

The fcukin' article and the LINK to the article is for the Dept. of Redundancy. Get it?

What do you think? THAT'S what matters...

Don't go Merlin on me, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1980s View Post
                            Pakistan's growing anti-US anger
                            By Aleem Maqbool
                            BBC News, Islamabad

Recently, while Pakistan's government may have been saying the things that the White House wants to hear, the country's media and public have often been openly hostile towards the United States.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's charm offensive this week suggests that she recognises that.

Town hall-style meetings with students in Lahore and round-table debates with senior news broadcasters in Islamabad may be seen as steps in the right direction.

'Go America Go'

But it is likely to take much more to turn around Pakistani mistrust of American intentions.

"Americans want this country to face anarchy," says Munawar Hassan, the head of Pakistan's largest religious party, Jamaat-e-Islami.

He has just finished giving another press conference in his "Go America Go" tour.

"They will then say that the atomic weapons of Pakistan are unsafe and that the United Nations should come in," he continues.

"They want to deprive Pakistan of its nuclear programme."

Mr Hassan goes on to talk of his anger at American air strikes in Pakistan's tribal areas and at the planned expansion of the US embassy in Islamabad.

But these days, in Pakistan, it is not just from the mouths of Islamist politicians like Mr Hassan that you hear feelings like that expressed.

Not far away, Hamid Mir is in his office in the Geo TV building, preparing to go on air.

His show, Capital Talk, is one of the most influential news talk shows in the country.

'Mirror of society'

Mr Mir has accused the US of surreptitiously increasing the number of marines in Pakistan and allowing private security agencies like Blackwater to operate here.

He says he has no problem with accusations that Capital Talk is anti-American.

"The whole of Pakistan is anti-American," he says.

"The talk shows are just a mirror of Pakistani society.
                            It would be very easy for me to be the darling of Washington, but then I will become the villain for my viewers and the common people in Pakistan."

Animosity towards the US seems to have increased since a new bill - widely known as the Kerry-Lugar bill - was passed by Congress.

It promises a massive injection of aid to Pakistan, but with conditions attached which many Pakistanis feel give the US too much control over their country's affairs.

"They say they are our friends," says Mr Mir. "But through the Kerry-Lugar bill they are trying to convert all of Pakistan into their slave. This is the feeling in Pakistan."

On her current trip, Mrs Clinton has gone out of her way to assure Pakistanis that the White House has no interest in micro-managing their country.

She has said America simply wants to strengthen ties and help Pakistan deal with its considerable militant threat.

That threat has been horrifically apparent in recent weeks, with a massive series of deadly attacks right across the country. But even many of those affected have little faith in the US.

Take the Islamic University on the outskirts of Islamabad. Just a week ago, two suicide bombers walked into the campus and blew themselves up. One was at the entrance of the women's canteen.

Now female students line up there to light candles, lay flowers and place written messages on the wall for their friends and colleagues who died.

It was the Taliban who claimed they had carried out the attack, but it is not towards them that anger is being directed.

"There's a lot of involvement from America. We feel America is responsible for the blast," says the first student we speak to. Her friends join in.

"These are the people spreading terror in Pakistan," says one.

"The Taliban are not spreading terror, it is these people, Hillary Clinton and before her Bush. We don't need America, things were better before they came here."

Certainly a lot of the collective mistrust of the US stems from a historic feeling that America uses Pakistan when it wants, and then abandons it.

Najam Rafique, head of the Americas department at the Institute of Strategic Studies in Islamabad, says it is only natural for America to want to have greater influence in Pakistan.

"This is not just about the War on Terror," he says.

"Pakistan has borders with Iran, whose nuclear programme America wants to keep an eye on. It has direct links to China, with whom America is in open competition, and access to Central Asia, where vast resources are waiting to be tapped.

"Of course the Americans have their own national interests in mind. If they are moving in terms of securing those interests, why would you blame them?"

He says that while Pakistanis may have some reasons to doubt US sincerity, it is time for them to stop blaming America for all the country's ills.

"We have political instability, economic instability and even social instability. We have food scarcity and energy shortages.

"Pakistanis can't blame America for all of that, because a lot of those things are of our own making."

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's growing anti-US anger
                            Steve,

I don't know whether Mrs. Clinton and President Obama are reading the highlighted text. If not, they should read it REAL FAST before handing over anymore American taxpayer's money to these PESTS.
                            sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• DCL Reply

Major,

"If not, they should read it REAL FAST before handing over anymore American taxpayer's money to these PESTS."

Those tax-payer dollars ought to be lining MY pocket.

I'm right and they need to listen instead of hauling SECSTATE and entourage 6,000 miles for an object lesson in abject rudeness.

I can provide the same and remain an American for a LOT less ducats.:))

Comment

• Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                                "This post certainly went off in a weird direction."

MiketheTyke had the temerity to question the authenticity of my original quote that highlights this THREAD. He did so without the minimum requirement of checking into the member intro board and, moreover, with an uncommon arrogance and rudeness that wasn't underlined by any display of requisite credibility.

He was advised of proper board decorum by myself, dispatched altogether by another before making it to the member intro board and we are again on track and awaiting a relevant comment or observation.

Have you one?
                                Hmm Steve , i don't think he can answer you now as one of your observations has come to fruition , and so it came tp pass

Comment

Working...
                                X