Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India-Canada Relations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • India-Canada Relations


    WORLD Justin Trudeau accuses India of "credible" link to activist's assassination in Canada

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/canada-...-singh-nijjar/

    Canada expelled a top Indian diplomat Monday as it investigates what Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called credible allegations that India's government may have had links to the assassination in Canada of a Sikh activist.

    Trudeau said in Parliament that Canadian intelligence agencies have been looking into the allegations after Sikh leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a strong supporter of an independent Sikh homeland known as Khalistan, was gunned down on June 18 outside a Sikh cultural center in Surrey, British Columbia.

    "Over the past number of weeks, Canadian security agencies have been actively pursuing credible allegations of a potential link between agents of the government of India and the killing of a Canadian citizen," Trudeau said in Parliament Monday.

    Trudeau said that he brought up the links between Nijjar's murder and the Indian government with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the G-20 last week "in no uncertain terms," adding that "any involvement of a foreign government in the killing of a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil is an unacceptable violation of our sovereignty."

    Canadian Foreign Minister Mélanie Joly said the head of Indian intelligence in Canada has been expelled as a consequence. "If proven true this would be a great violation of our sovereignty and of the most basic rule of how countries deal with each other," Joly said. "As a consequence we have expelled a top Indian diplomat."







    Don't know what to make of this. If he is publicly naming India in the parliament, is there irrefutable evidence of India's involvement. I have never heard of the victim and he also seems to be an unsavory character himself. I bet India would also expel a Canadian diplomat now.....

    Seek Save Serve Medic

  • #2
    Number One rule about assassinations - kill the assassins. Should have gotten the twerp out of Canada before the deed was done.
    Chimo

    Comment


    • #3
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-assassination

      what a mess. not sure why Trudeau decided to make this public.

      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by astralis View Post
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-assassination

        what a mess. not sure why Trudeau decided to make this public.
        Probably because he felt disrespected at the recent G20 summit and is throwing a tantrum.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by astralis View Post
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-assassination

          what a mess. not sure why Trudeau decided to make this public.
          Thumping his chest to stop the slide in popularity.

          Chimo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Number One rule about assassinations - kill the assassins. Should have gotten the twerp out of Canada before the deed was done.
            That is if it actually was an assassination. Khalistani groups are not a monolith and there are plenty of internal disputes which can get violent. That is the most likely explanation here too. Moreover the RCMP hasn't arrested anyone for his murder yet. And all Trudeau has mentioned is "credible allegations". The statement does not even use the word "evidence".

            Meanwhile that jackass Jagmeet Singh has announced his intention of holding Narendra Modi himself accountable for Nijjar's death. Good luck.
            Last edited by Firestorm; 19 Sep 23,, 19:12.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah but Trudeau just guaranteed 3 seats in Sikh dominated ridings. Maybe enough for him to keep his job and undermine Singh.
              Chimo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Firestorm View Post

                Probably because he felt disrespected at the recent G20 summit and is throwing a tantrum.
                No doubt this was brought up through other channels after the incident, as would be expected, and got nowhere. He then brought it up with Modi at the G20 and Modi dismissed it outright leading to going public.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                  No doubt this was brought up through other channels after the incident, as would be expected, and got nowhere. He then brought it up with Modi at the G20 and Modi dismissed it outright leading to going public.
                  Of course he dismissed it. The RCMP has neither arrested nor charged anyone with the crime and Trudeau's statement only mentions "credible allegations" whatever the hell that means. Most such allegations have come from Canadian Khalistanis themselves who routinely accuse the Indian government of everything under the sun. One would expect Trudeau to have something more to show when accusing a foreign government publicly of a crime like this.
                  Last edited by Firestorm; 19 Sep 23,, 22:55.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The other issue here is of course the fact that Canada has had a long standing dalliance with Khalistani terrorists. Back in 1982 when Talwinder Singh Parmar was hiding out in Canada, India had requested his extradition which daddy Pierre's government denied. Parmar went on to plan the Air India 182 bombing three years later which killed 329. The Canadians then proceeded to completely botch the investigation and deny the victims justice.

                    Neither the RCMP, CSIS nor the Canadian government has any credibility whatsoever when it comes to their statements regarding Khalistanis. Canadian politicians will do whatever they must to protect and cultivate their vote-bank. That's all this is.
                    Last edited by Firestorm; 19 Sep 23,, 23:16.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      Neither the RCMP, CSIS nor the Canadian government has any credibility whatsoever when it comes to their statements regarding Khalistanis. Canadian politicians will do whatever they must to protect and cultivate their vote-bank. That's all this is.
                      No shit, Sherlock! Anyone who looked into this cannot understand the incomptence of it all. I will not say obstruction because it's too damnded stupid to be obstruction but the sheer incoptence of anything Khalistan defies belief.

                      Chimo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        No shit, Sherlock! Anyone who looked into this cannot understand the incomptence of it all. I will not say obstruction because it's too damnded stupid to be obstruction but the sheer incoptence of anything Khalistan defies belief.
                        Some of it might be incompetence but not all. When Pierre Trudeau's government denied Parmar's extradition the reason they provided was that though India was a member of the Commonwealth, since they did not accept the Queen as the head of state the Commonwealth extradition rules did not apply. At the time Parmar was wanted for the murder of two policemen in India. Now this is not incompetence, it is deliberate.

                        Multiple informants had warned the RCMP and CSIS that there was a a plot by Babbar Khalsa members to bomb Air India aircraft. They were all dismissed. Later on the CSIS had Parmar and others under surveillance prior to the AI 182 bombing. They erased 156 of the 210 original tapes of recorded conversations between Parmar, Inderjit Singh Reyat and others which therefore could not be used during the investigation and prosecution. Is that also incompetence? Maybe, or maybe not.
                        Last edited by Firestorm; 20 Sep 23,, 00:17.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          AI 182 is collosal clusterfuck on it's own but this current "assassination?" I'm waiting for the evidence. The worst it comes out is that the RCMP and CSIS could not protect a fucking civie!

                          Thnking it through! No, we should not protect a civie. You're not important enough. By the same token, Dehlie risks Canada-India relations over a big mouth?
                          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 20 Sep 23,, 00:52.
                          Chimo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            AI 182 is collosal clusterfuck on it's own but this current "assassination?" I'm waiting for the evidence. The worst it comes out is that the RCMP and CSIS could not protect a fucking civie!

                            Thnking it through! No, we should not protect a civie. You're not important enough. By the same token, Dehlie risks Canada-India relations over a big mouth?
                            I highly doubt the Indian government was involved in the killing, however he was far from being just a loudmouth. He was wanted by the Punjab Police and India's National Investigation Agency for planning a bomb blast in Punjab in 2007 (which killed six and injured 40 people) and the murder of a Hindu priest along with other crimes including recruitment and financing of terrorist activities. He had been declared a terrorist by the Indian government and had an Interpol notice against him.
                            Last edited by Firestorm; 20 Sep 23,, 01:26.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                              I highly doubt the Indian government was involved in the killing, however he was far from being just a loudmouth. He was wanted by the Punjab Police and India's National Investigation Agency for planning a bomb blast in Punjab in 2007 (which killed six and injured 40 people) and the murder of a Hindu priest along with other crimes including recruitment and financing of terrorist activities. He had been declared a terrorist by the Indian government and had an Interpol notice against him.
                              I don't follow RCMP/CSIS-RAW relations but do they respect each other or do they view each other as keystone cops. Canadian Army has zero respects for RCMP.

                              Chimo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X