Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another JF-17 test flight, Pak Air Chief Marshal as Chief Guest.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

based on...
    ...the absence of any new supplier and denial of the existing supplier.

Comment

Well u know they've already started making 16 of those for Pakistan.

Without an engine? Probably Russia's keeping a wrap on it coz of India?

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
        ...the absence of any new supplier and denial of the existing supplier.
        Sam,
        JF-17 is going into production soon. Chinese engine WS-12/13 won't be operational before 2009 yet the Thunder is going full ahead. I do believe that Pakistan has the formal agreement from Russia to bypass the embargo on RD-93 export to PAF.
        It just doesn't make sense to produce the aircraft and store it for three years till the engine comes availabe.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
          Sam,
          JF-17 is going into production soon. Chinese engine WS-12/13 won't be operational before 2009 yet the Thunder is going full ahead. I do believe that Pakistan has the formal agreement from Russia to bypass the embargo on RD-93 export to PAF.
          It just doesn't make sense to produce the aircraft and store it for three years till the engine comes availabe.
          No source till now has confirmed that JF-17 would be powered by Russian RD-93.

I don't think Russia would go as far as having a secret agreement with Pakistan that no one in the world knows about!?
          Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Well u know they've already started making 16 of those for Pakistan.
            I'll talk about production after IOC.

Comment

I'll talk about production after IOC.
              IOC without an engine. That is weird. May be that's the way it is in PAF.

Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus
                No source till now has confirmed that JF-17 would be powered by Russian RD-93.

I don't think Russia would go as far as having a secret agreement with Pakistan that no one in the world knows about!?
                All eight prototypes are to be powered by RD-93, three for Pakistan and five for China..

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                  Sam,
                  JF-17 is going into production soon.
                  Without initial operational clearance?

Chinese engine WS-12/13 won't be operational before 2009 yet the Thunder is going full ahead. I do believe that Pakistan has the formal agreement from Russia to bypass the embargo on RD-93 export to PAF.
                  Boss, you dont start full scale production before you get your IOC, do you? :)

It will take three years to roll out a new aircraft from a new production line.That takes us to 2009 and thats when Chinese engines might get their IOC.
                  Last edited by Samudra; 14 May 06,, 19:19.

Comment

Maybe Russia is just waiting for India to sign a deal with the US for 126 MRCA's... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                      All eight prototypes are to be powered by RD-93, three for Pakistan and five for China..

Can you provide us with a source pls. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus

Can you provide us with a source pls. :)
                        Are you saying that current prototypes are not equipped with RD-93?

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                          Maybe Russia is just waiting for India to sign a deal with the US for 126 MRCA's... ;)
                          That is one thing that will never happen. And everyone knows why.

BTW Sam has a very valid point about IOC. And that way production won't begin till 2009-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                            ...and the Amur sub deal, the new Krivaks deal, an additional MiG-29K order deal, joint development of new fighter deal, joint development of new transport aircraft deal...we have a long list of deals, Neo. :)

Rest assured, Russians will have to wait for too long.The way I see it JF-17 will become operational by 2011-2012 timeframe with Chinese engines.

I would not rule out RD engines powering PAF planes by 2010-2012 either(if Chinese fail to deliver).....JF-17 will witness huge delays - enough for us to finish off that MRCA deal, plus get our Tejas operational with HAL churning out 20-24 of these beauties every year.
                            Last edited by Samudra; 14 May 06,, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                              The only advantage India realistically has is air superiority. Pak Air force is now quickly playing catch up. JF-17s will bridge the gap by large!
                              well for AF its air superiority..( i hope you realise what air superiority can do in plains and mountains.. )..
                              for army.. we have a bigger army. and definitely its equipment isnt worse than PA's.
                              for navy.. we are too big for paksitan navy..

JF17s arent even in production yet. and frankly by the time a good no of them are in service in pakstian india would have similar no of SU30's in service.. similar no of MRCA's and similar no of LCA's. its again gonna be a same situation..
                              please realise that the spending power of India on its military is much larger than what paksitan spends on its military.. and its gonna show its effect.

Comment

Without initial operational clearance?

Boss, you dont start full scale production before you get your IOC, do you? :)

It will take three years to roll out a new aircraft from a new production line.That takes us to 2009 and thats when Chinese engines might get their IOC.
                                it will take some time from when the engine gets IOC to when it will get IOC for JF17.. for instance WS-10 has got IOC .. but it still hasnt got IOC for J10..

Comment

Working...
                                X