Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another JF-17 test flight, Pak Air Chief Marshal as Chief Guest.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only advantage India realistically has is air superiority. Pak Air force is now quickly playing catch up. JF-17s will bridge the gap by large!

Comment

And then if we can raise enough doubts on the US-India partnership, we might just be able to squeeze at least some engines out of Russia.
      ah,ha.....i thought all pakistanis hate russian engines....russian planes...warheads.anything russian.

they claim tht russian hardware is...

outdated
      high-maintenance
      short-lived
      etc. etc..

& now u want the same "filty" "outdated" stuff so badly??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
        They're actually just building it.

It will be used by Pakistan. And its main purpose is transit of goods. Thats why everywhere in Pakistan you'd see big billboards stating "Dubai being built in Pakistan" as Gwadar ads.
        China's String of Pearls plan.You're idea of Russians allowed into Gwadar is hilarious to say the least.

I dont have to know about your billboards etc.

The only advantage India realistically has is air superiority. Pak Air force is now quickly playing catch up. JF-17s will bridge the gap by large!
        I suggest getting a decent engine for your aircraft in the first place.Taking on the IAF without engines is not a good idea.

Comment

Yeah right!

Even after the JF-17 PAF would be way far behind the IAF. Don't get me started on counting the stuff IAF has & PAF doesn't.

AEW, for example. And not to forget the one of the most advanced fighter jets in the world: SU-30MKI. What about the mid-air refuellers.

And this is just the begining of the list.

Dude, trust me, PAF won't be anywhere near.
          Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

I wouldn't contest that, but I'd tell you we're sure as hell going to try surpassing India's air capabilities, if not at least match it.

Comment

Getting a decent engine would be a great start.

Comment

I wouldn't contest that, but I'd tell you we're sure as hell going to try surpassing India's air capabilities, if not at least match it.
                You don't have a clue about military aviation and then you go about posting such statements!!

Is it a bad attempt at mocking your own country?

As Samudra stated, getting good engines would be a good start for you. Notice that I said "getting" & not developing, because that would be too much to ask.
                Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Isn't it logical that any sane military decision maker would be trying to match the enemies capabilities at the very least?

Comment

but I'd tell you we're sure as hell going to try surpassing India's air capabilities, if not at least match it.
                    Isn't it logical that any sane military decision maker would be trying to match the enemies capabilities at the very least?
                    Isnt it also logical that any sane military decision maker would be conscious of what he can achieve given the many constraints he faces ?

Isnt is also logical that any sane military decision maker would be conscious of what he can not achieve for himself and match it against his adversary?
                    Last edited by Samudra; 14 May 06,, 17:28.

Comment

"A country without a strong Air Force is at the mercy of any aggressor, Pakistan must build up her Air Force as quickly as possible, it must be an efficient Air Force, second to none." Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah PAF Academy, Risalpur 13th April, 1948

Any Pakistani leader is smart to follow on Jinnah's vision.

IMO Everyone should aim for the top. There are no points for 2nd best.

Comment

paf should get some new transport choppers look what happened when earth quake stuck ??? i could only see mi17 chopers flying and sadly one crashed but still paf wants attack chopers !!! i could say poor paf policy

Comment

Pakistan must build up her Air Force as quickly as possible,it must be an efficient Air Force, second to none.
                          Any Pakistani leader is smart to follow on Jinnah's vision.
                          I can see that they are yet to follow on Jinnah's vision.
                          Its been 58 years since he spoke those words.

IMO Everyone should aim for the top.
                          IMO It would be a good idea to get an engine...PAF needs it desperately.
                          Last edited by Samudra; 14 May 06,, 18:31.

Comment

There's nothing confirmed that PAF doesn't have an engine.

Comment

PAF doesn't have an engine.
                              This part of your last post is very accurate.

Comment

based on?

Comment

Working...
                                X