No announcement yet.

War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm too tired to insert a picture of Picard doing the face palm.

Consider it inserted in the space below....

Comment

• Single or triple?
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SajeevJino View Post
        Just Google it " Carrier Killer"
        Mate, i know your new here so a bit of a heads up.

When discussing anything China related I would never ask you to take what you read on the internet on face value UNLESS it has been posted by Officer of Engineers or Xinhua. Between those two, they have forgotten far more than most of us here will ever know on the topic.

If OOE tells you that the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D, unless you manage to get first hand evidence otherwise (hint: most of what is on google is not first hand evidence) then I would take OOE's word for it and not argue the fact.

I have no doubt the Chinese are able to sink a carrier in a LIMITED set of circumstances but it will not be done in the foreseeable future with the DF-21D.
        The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo49 View Post
          sir, if I may ask, how do we know the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D?
          The target ship that they were supposed to be tested on has been sold for scrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Single or triple?
            triple. Definately triple.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

blogs.defensenews.com/intercepts/2013/01/china-tests-carrier-killer-df-21d-missile-sinks-us-aircraft-carrier/
              I posted that pic 2 years ago. *** face palm ***
              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 11 Apr 13,, 09:35.

Comment

China paint their vessels as DPRK and Enjoying some shooting Practice over US CBG's
                Painting PLAN vessels as DPRK is not enough to fool the USN,we'll have to use the DPRK flag too, and the PLAN sailor will have to use DPRK uniform too, and maybe don't eat for a week. It'll look more convincing. Then the chinese Gov will have to issue a statement saying the DPRK stole a lot of PLAN boat from china's navel bases. We just may fool them all!!!

But still, there is one more problem,the whole PLAN may mutiny when they recieve orders they are to go on a sucide mission against the USN because a internet forum poster said this was a good idea.

just kidding

Anyway, SajeevJino , just some friendly advise to you, read more, think more and then read a bit more, you'll see that most people everywhere are somewhat the same, just trying to keep up with our changing world, trying to live a better life.War means people will die, people dying is not a good thing, but if people die for nothing , it is just plain bad.

Comment

• Here you go, Yellow
                  Attached Files
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• allow me to contribute further.

Attached Files
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Let's give this new chap one more shot shall we?

I don't think he knows who he is talking with on this board, and depth of knowledge lurking around here. SajeevJino, I would advise you take chakos' advice. He didn't explain who the Colonel was - "Colonel" is OOE, aka Officer of Engineers. We have many retired military personnel here, some active, and some non-military but in the defence industry (eg one of our members was involved in the reactivation of the USS Missouri). The members here also span the globe. You have an Israeli tanker to a US Marine Arty GySgt. Someone who has trained in UK Centurions (yes, this was not a typo) to those who flew USAF F15s. An Irish Ranger to an Indian Brigadier General.

If you take some time here to do some reading, you'll learn alot. Humility goes a long way.

And I forgot to mention - You have the lurkers like me who seem-to-have-no-background and hardly-ever-post (actually, I posted an introduction thread eons ago after a PM from IronDuke but somehow it disappeared).
                      Last edited by chanjyj; 11 Apr 13,, 18:53.

Comment

• The Chinese would like to make a contribution to this massed application of limbs.

SajeevJino,

Please, please, PLEASE do some research before you post. You do not want to be caught in a fully coordinated assault of academia by the more senior members on this board. The words 'Charlie Foxtrot' fail to fully capture the nature of such things.
                        Attached Files
                        "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

• OK, I'm not tired anymore....

Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                              Let's give this new chap one more shot shall we?

I don't think he knows who he is talking with on this board, and depth of knowledge lurking around here. SajeevJino, I would advise you take chakos' advice. He didn't explain who the Colonel was - "Colonel" is OOE, aka Officer of Engineers. We have many retired military personnel here, some active, and some non-military but in the defence industry (eg one of our members was involved in the reactivation of the USS Missouri). The members here also span the globe. You have an Israeli tanker to a US Marine Arty GySgt. Someone who has trained in UK Centurions (yes, this was not a typo) to those who flew USAF F15s. An Irish Ranger to an Indian Brigadier General.

If you take some time here to do some reading, you'll learn alot. Humility goes a long way.

And I forgot to mention - You have the lurkers like me who seem-to-have-no-background and hardly-ever-post (actually, I posted an introduction thread eons ago after a PM from IronDuke but somehow it disappeared).
                              All that experience, yet it won't make a dent in our sheer numbers
                              Attached Files

Comment

• To be fair though we are probably part of the 9% by virtue of our moderate number of pointless inane posts.

I've actually got a couple of friends that lurk here but due to their more left leaning political views they are both completely not interested in posting. Its not that this site isn't liberal friendly but the feeling is a liberal would have to back his views a lot harder than a centrist or right winger and they don't really feel like running that gauntlet.
                                The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Working...
                                X