War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    As long as it took the South to breach the DMZ ... which is somewhat easier than going south. The whole thing is that the North has always geared to invade the south. Except for the FEBA, their rear is geared to move troops forward into the attack, not to impede an enemy advance. As such, roads that help troops move south can also help troops move north.

Once the South breached the DMZ, then it's another Pusan Breakout and those NORK gunners would be running for their lives.
    When the fuel runs out, the gunners' only option would be to surrender because they cannot run fast enough to escape bloodthirsty SKs after lighting up Seoul or retreat into redoubts or caves and fight it out to the last man. How loaded are the SKs in thermobaric and bunk buster weapons?

Comment

Really, really big molatovs.

Comment

Just looking around other than the Israeli chick thread and thought I'd try my hand at some serious matter as well.

I never understood this thing about North Korea and the world so thought I'd just risk sounding foolish and blurt it out here.

What IS the world's problem with North Korea?

I mean, with Pakistan I can understand. It is a rogue country fingering everyone, and is nuclear as well.

But North Korea is not a terrorist country. Sure they are nuclear and maybe not legally either. But who are they fingering? I don't think they export terror anywhere. I don't think they are militarily a serious threat to any of the big countries being discussed here (China, USA, Japan, South Korea). As the experts here agree, if they were ever to get too frisky, South Korea could finish them off, leave alone China.

So what is the real problem? That they are a communist country? I'm sure we have all moved on from the cold war era right?

So why not just leave them alone and let them sink or swim on their own?
        Last edited by doppelganger; 16 Mar 13,, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
          Just looking around other than the Israeli chick thread and thought I'd try my hand at some serious matter as well.

I never understood this thing about North Korea and the world so thought I'd just risk sounding foolish and blurt it out here.

I mean, with Pakistan I can understand. It is a rogue country fingering everyone, and is nuclear as well.

But North Korea is not a terrorist country. Sure they are nuclear and maybe not legally either. But who are they fingering? I don't think they export terror anywhere. I don't think they are militarily a serious threat to any of the big countries being discussed here (China, USA, Japan, South Korea). As the experts here agree, if they were ever to get too frisky, South Korea could finish them off, leave alone China.

So what is the real problem? That they are a communist country? I'm sure we have all moved on from the cold war era right?

Japan and South Korea would beg to disagree with you.

Comment

If I read it right, NK has 24mil population if they all flee to PRC and depopulate the land, that would be 1 NORK per every Chinese village.

Hardly they will drain Chinese economy or their food storage.

Commie govs have some pretty efficient ways to disperse vast amount of people in a vast amount of landmass.

Don't see any particular reason CCP to be worried about that wave beside domestic piss off.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
              Japan and South Korea would beg to disagree with you.
              Why?

I see North Korea's belligerence as that of an isolated nation lashing out.

What exactly have they done to South Korea or Japan?

Comment

Have you completely missed the past 60 years? The terrorism, the nuclear proliferation, the kidnapping, the murder, the drug dealing, the arms trading, the counterfeiting, the constant bellicose threats. Did you really miss all of that?

In fact, have you even read this thread properly? I'm guessing not.

You are new here. Take some freindly advice - before jumping into 'serious matters' do a google search & a bit of basic reading. Nothing too complex - even wikipedia will give you some basic facts. it will help you avoid making a fool of yourself and prolong your life here.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Why?

I see North Korea's belligerence as that of an isolated nation lashing out.

What exactly have they done to South Korea or Japan?
                  Ask the newly elected RoK President about her mother - the former First Lady.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Have you completely missed the past 60 years? The terrorism, the nuclear proliferation, the kidnapping, the murder, the drug dealing, the arms trading, the counterfeiting, the constant bellicose threats. Did you really miss all of that?

In fact, have you even read this thread properly? I'm guessing not.

You are new here. Take some freindly advice - before jumping into 'serious matters' do a google search & a bit of basic reading. Nothing too complex - even wikipedia will give you some basic facts. it will help you avoid making a fool of yourself and prolong your life here.
                    I was just wondering what makes North Korea special.

What you are accusing them of, most other countries do as well.

I mean seriously? Kidnapping, drug delaing, murder, arms trading, counterfreiting, bellicosity?

You sure we cannot describe at least a dozen other nations like that, if not more?

Comment

P.S. Bigfella, dont get me wrong. I am no North Korea supporter. And I'd rather go back to servicing Wisconsin sir's requests myself.

But if you're going to be calling me a fool, I will take you on. So I hope you are not.

Comment

I was just wondering what makes North Korea special.

What you are accusing them of, most other countries do as well.

I mean seriously? Kidnapping, drug delaing, murder, arms trading, counterfreiting, bellicosity?

You sure we cannot describe at least a dozen other nations like that, if not more?
                        OK, you want to be obtuse rather than educate yourself. Well, I guess it is less time consuming. Perhaps someone else here can be bothered to explain this to you slowly & then bat back every one of your 'yes, but I have high school debate team skills' rejoinders. I lack the patience for this.
                        sigpic

Comment

OK, you want to be obtuse rather than educate yourself. Well, I guess it is less time consuming. Perhaps someone else here can be bothered to explain this to you slowly & then bat back every one of your 'yes, but I have high school debate team skills' rejoinders. I lack the patience for this.
                          What you lack is basic etiquette and the stomach for a fight.

You may move on in such case.

Comment

P.S. Bigfella, dont get me wrong. I am no North Korea supporter. And I'd rather go back to servicing Wisconsin sir's requests myself.

But if you're going to be calling me a fool, I will take you on. So I hope you are not.
                            I am saying that you are either ignorant or being deliberately obtuse. Anything further requires more time to decide. I have only read your contributions to this thread. they do not inspire hope. As for 'taking me on', that would require me to paritcipate. Instead of defending your intelligence, honour or whatever else you think I am insulting, take the time to read about the sorts of things the DPRK has been doing for the past 60 years. Based on your coments so far you don't have a clue.
                            sigpic

Comment

What you lack is basic etiquette and the stomach for a fight.

You may move on in such case.
                              Whatever.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am saying that you are either ignorant or being deliberately obtuse. Anything further requires more time to decide. I have only read your contributions to this thread. they do not inspire hope. As for 'taking me on', that would require me to paritcipate. Instead of defending your intelligence, honour or whatever else you think I am insulting, take the time to read about the sorts of things the DPRK has been doing for the past 60 years. Based on your coments so far you don't have a clue.
                                So basically you will call names and then not play when someone rolls his sleeves up.

Ok. Seems to be the new Aussie way the way your cricket team is playing here as well. :pari:
                                Last edited by doppelganger; 16 Mar 13,, 09:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X