War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

The news today is filled with all sorts of tantrums from our premier Communist rogue state upstart. Scrapping the armistice, cutting ties from South Korea, belligerent if not empty threats of pre-emptive nuclear strikes...war on the Korean Peninsula may still be fairly unlikely, but with a new, more potentially aggressive South Korean administration it has gotten ever closer than it has in recent years.

Assume the following scenario:

-US has two carrier battle groups deployed in the East China Sea plus an MEU on standby
    -US Army BCTs are on standby on bases in Japan/Marines on Okinawa on standby
    -Current US and South Korean forces on the mainland are on full alert and expect attack
    -NATO nations and resources available
    -China's 38th and 39th armies are at full combat readiness at the Northern Border of NK
    -nearest NORK forces to the border are fully deployed and make the first move inward
    -NORK Special Forces are on standby to infiltrate the country covertly
    -No initial WMD usage but may be used as war progresses
    -Everything else not mentioned assume status-quo
    "Draft beer, not people."

The DPRK ceases to exist in any recognizable form & a whole lot of Koreans die. The only question is whether or not the end comes at the hands of the RoK or the Chinese. There is a fair chance that as soon as things kick off Beijing rushes troops to 'aid' its 'ally' and promptly installs a friendly government that ends the war and the Kim-related foolishness. The US & RoK make a bunch of noise but quietly pop champagne because someone else is left holding the tar baby for another generation.
    Last edited by Bigfella; 14 Mar 13,, 07:02.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

It only really remains as to how the Chinese explain Kim Jong Un's untimely demise so as to blame the west but not so much as anyone would want to make something of it. Fallen leading his men into battle perhaps?
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        It only really remains as to how the Chinese explain Kim Jong Un's untimely demise so as to blame the west but not so much as anyone would want to make something of it. Fallen leading his men into battle perhaps?
        Not sure even Nth Koreans will buy an image of Kim leading troops into battle. Better to go with 'killed by evil capitalist running dog air raid', or, even better, 'killed by assasins from the puppet South Korean regime'

Of course, they could take option 'C' & recruit Yeller as a Kim lookalike.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          Hooray, we kill two birds with one stone!

Leibniz

Comment

My thoughts exactly. Hope he likes undersized women.
            sigpic

Comment

Imagine how worse K-Pop will get then.

Guess there are bad things in everything. Gunny wont be happy.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Not sure even Nth Koreans will buy an image of Kim leading troops into battle. Better to go with 'killed by evil capitalist running dog air raid', or, even better, 'killed by assasins from the puppet South Korean regime'

Perhaps Kim jr would die in a boating mishap? While on the way to deliver another rifle to that island garrison, one of the keel planks on that overloaded wooden boat pops off and they realize the leader can't swim, as his heavy body armor drags him to the bottom.
                Last edited by USSWisconsin; 14 Mar 13,, 08:04.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Every time I try to say something bad about Australia.....I can't bring myself to do it because you guys got hot chicks like this.....

Attached Files

Comment

Every time I want to say something bad about NZ, I can't bring myself to do it...because you guys think this is a hot chick....

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      Imagine how worse K-Pop will get then.

Guess there are bad things in everything. Gunny wont be happy.
                      Gunny will be happy if he manages to bring in all the beer from the car without dropping any...

Comment

At the risk of letting you in on a secret, they're just the ugly ones we let out of the country - we keep the best ones at home for ourselves. (and if BR or Pari tell you any different ignore them, they are bitter & jealous people).

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Every time I try to say something bad about Australia.....I can't bring myself to do it because you guys got hot chicks like this.....

[ATTACH]32310[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]32311[/ATTACH]
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah alright yellar, that made me laugh

Leibniz

Comment

Won't come to that. As soon as Kim starts preparing for war with no stopping in sight, the Chinese stops all fuel and food shipments and the NORKs would turn on its own as a matter of survival. Families would be fighting for heating fuel rather than let it goto the tanks and planes.

It is VERY EASY to collapse NK without firing a single shot and everybody knows it.

Comment

I have two questions about the scenario as originally posited...

1. US BCTs on standby in Japan. What US BCTs? None are stationed there. What kind are you talking about....Stryker? Not likely to stage out of Japan. Of more import is have the afloat prepo ships from Guam and Diego Garcia made their way forward....that's where the heavy metal is.

2. Forces on full alert does not equate to fully mobilized. Do the ROKs call up their entire reserves and have them ready? Has the US moved Army assigned units into theater?

If 2 then its what the Colonel says....unless the regime is totally suicidal.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X