Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War on the Korean Peninsula: Present-day

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    So basically you will call names and then not play when someone rolls his sleeves up.

    Ok. Seems to be the new Aussie way the way your cricket team is playing here as well. :pari:
    If this is how you react when someone call you out for commenting on something you clearly don't know enough about then you are going to have a short, unhappy life here. I notice that you have begun to 'spread your wings' beyond ogling pictures of women. I suggest you do better than you have here. If you think I am being harsh just wait until you irritate some of the other folks hereabouts. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
    sigpic

    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      If this is how you react when someone call you out for commenting on something you clearly don't know enough about then you are going to have a short, unhappy life here. I notice that you have begun to 'spread your wings' beyond ogling pictures of women. I suggest you do better than you have here. If you think I am being harsh just wait until you irritate some of the other folks hereabouts. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
      You are boring me now. Bye.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
        Just looking around other than the Israeli chick thread and thought I'd try my hand at some serious matter as well.

        I never understood this thing about North Korea and the world so thought I'd just risk sounding foolish and blurt it out here.

        What IS the world's problem with North Korea?
        Nuclear Weapons Program
        missile proliferation
        Terrorist attacks against civilians
        Terrorist attacks aimed at heads of state
        international drug dealing
        counterfeiting the global reserve currency
        kidnapping the citizens of a foreign country and smuggling them to North Korea
        gas and germ warfare experiment son their own people
        concentration camps
        letting millions starve
        armed attacks on its neighbors by submarine delivered commando raids, tunnels, cross border fire, torpedo attacks and random artillery barrages and DMZ snipers
        attacking UN peace keepers
        Violating just about every treaty they are a party to
        threatening to kill millions of people unless paid off (extortion)

        North Korea has done quiet enough to warrant war.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
          You are boring me now. Bye.
          It doesn't work that way here. You have 75 post, he has over 6000. You will rapidly face a choice, apologize and earn our respect through contribution, or likely get banned. WAB- many come, few are allowed to stay. Its a steep learning curve. We are a community and as such seniority does have its perks. Those of us with thousands upon thousands of posts are members of the same virtual village we built not you. Your welcome to move in, but we have our laws and customs we expect you to respect.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            If this is how you react when someone call you out for commenting on something you clearly don't know enough about then you are going to have a short, unhappy life here. I notice that you have begun to 'spread your wings' beyond ogling pictures of women. I suggest you do better than you have here. If you think I am being harsh just wait until you irritate some of the other folks hereabouts. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
            Have him take a gander at Herr Wehrmacht's recent example...

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              If I read it right, NK has 24mil population if they all flee to PRC and depopulate the land, that would be 1 NORK per every Chinese village.

              Hardly they will drain Chinese economy or their food storage.

              Commie govs have some pretty efficient ways to disperse vast amount of people in a vast amount of landmass.

              Don't see any particular reason CCP to be worried about that wave beside domestic piss off.

              But which local village committee will be willing to add a non-chinese speaking outsider to register in the village hukuo?the locals are already not happy about the land stituation as it is (adding new people means more people to eat the pie). The centrel gov can force the local gov to do it, but why enrage them?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by zraver View Post
                It doesn't work that way here. You have 75 post, he has over 6000. You will rapidly face a choice, apologize and earn our respect through contribution, or likely get banned. WAB- many come, few are allowed to stay. Its a steep learning curve. We are a community and as such seniority does have its perks. Those of us with thousands upon thousands of posts are members of the same virtual village we built not you. Your welcome to move in, but we have our laws and customs we expect you to respect.
                Thanks Z. I'm not fussed about an apology, I just want him to lift his game. I'm going to assume he isn't stupid, so he can show us rather than just getting whiny when he gets called on it. If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.
                sigpic

                Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Thanks Z. I'm not fussed about an apology, I just want him to lift his game. I'm going to assume he isn't stupid, so he can show us rather than just getting whiny when he gets called on it. If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.
                  eeggads, I knew i was in the multi-thousand range but 11K posts... I bet OOE is pushing 20, gotta go look.

                  Looked, in excess of 23,000....

                  Dopplerganger, take the 6124 of Bigfella times an average of 20 words per post sinve BF can be nearly as wordy as me. That is over 122k words of contribution. He joined in early 07- 6 years ago. See the community?
                  Last edited by zraver; 16 Mar 13,, 12:39.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                    I was just wondering what makes North Korea special.

                    What you are accusing them of, most other countries do as well.

                    I mean seriously? Kidnapping, drug delaing, murder, arms trading, counterfreiting, bellicosity?

                    You sure we cannot describe at least a dozen other nations like that, if not more?
                    Please take a look at this:
                    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...val-guide.html


                    "what makes North Korea special?".
                    here are some articles with lots of reference links and good summaries, the thread itself has more info


                    North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    [On January 24, 2013, North Korea announced its intentions to target the United States in its missile and nuclear programs. The statement called the United States, the "sworn enemy of the Korean people".[57]

                    On March 8, 2013, the North Korean government announced that it was withdrawing from all non-aggression pacts with South Korea in response to UN Resolution 2094.[58][59][60] The announcement said it was closing its joint border crossing with South Korea and cutting off the hotline to the South.[58][59][60]
                    Bombardment of Yeonpyeong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                    ROKS Cheonan sinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                    List of border incidents involving North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                    USS Pueblo (AGER-2) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    Last edited by USSWisconsin; 16 Mar 13,, 12:56.
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

                    Comment


                    • I do love a self-policing forum :)

                      doppelganger, it's a shame that you have brought such a narrow-minded attitude to the World Affairs Board in general and this thread specifically.

                      If the age you have given on your profile is accurate then you are hardly a young person with a young person's attitude.
                      I suggest that you take the advice and information given by USSWisconsin and study it carefully. It will give you the answers you seek and also assist in becoming in an active and productive member of the board, if that is indeed what you wish.
                      “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
                      ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

                      Comment


                      • doppelganger: North Korea Military Guide - Global Security

                        A bit filled with ads but a fairly decent shallow dive into the North Korean perspective.

                        ---

                        Now for the next issue:

                        The North Koreans have built and tested a number of "nukes" and as the WAB has largely noted:

                        North Korea Appears to Test Nuclear Device - World Affairs Board

                        ...the thing was a nuclear dud.

                        However if ROK, US and/or Chinese forces do go into North Korea, what would the potential be for a desperation move by the NORKs to blow up some form of dirty bomb in a key area such as Pyongyang and how would such an event affect long-term prospects for reconstruction?
                        "Draft beer, not people."

                        Comment


                        • Get over yourselves, Big Fella and zraver, I remember when you guys first came aboard and did worse than what doppelganger and didn't like being called fools or such. WAB is not exclusive for long term members. Like any other forum, it needs newbies to keep from dying out.

                          If you wanna call somebody a fool, first at least point out why he is wrong and if he continues to go down as a being a fool, then by all means channel your inner Mr. T out in the open. Doppelganger made an open question regarding the hostility towards North Korea and since he is from India not from the western world, he has a different perspective and is asking for your perspective. After all, WAB is a global forum, not just dedicated to American & Western interest.

                          As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.
                          Last edited by Blademaster; 16 Mar 13,, 20:52.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            Get over yourselves, Big Fella and zraver, I remember when you guys first came aboard and did worse than what doppelganger and didn't like being called fools or such. WAB is not exclusive for long term members. Like any other forum, it needs newbies to keep from dying out.

                            If you wanna call somebody a fool, first at least point out why he is wrong and if he continues to go down as a being a fool, then by all means channel your inner Mr. T out in the open. Doppelganger made an open question regarding the hostility towards North Korea and since he is from India not from the western world, he has a different perspective and is asking for your perspective. After all, WAB is a global forum, not just dedicated to American & Western interest.

                            As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.
                            I didn't call him a fool, and I answered his question directly. And yes I came in hot and took a lot of flak, almost got bounced but managed to get it in check in time.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              I didn't call him a fool, and I answered his question directly. And yes I came in hot and took a lot of flak, almost got bounced but managed to get it in check in time.
                              Yes I remembered and yes I know you answered his question directly but Big Fella didn't need encouraging to do what he was not qualified to do.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                                If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.
                                Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                                As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.
                                I think I've just been called a meanie.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X