Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by diablo49 View Post
    sir, if I may ask, how do we know the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D?
    The target ship that they were supposed to be tested on has been sold for scrap.

Leave a comment:

• chakos
    replied
    Originally posted by SajeevJino View Post
    Just Google it " Carrier Killer"
    Mate, i know your new here so a bit of a heads up.

When discussing anything China related I would never ask you to take what you read on the internet on face value UNLESS it has been posted by Officer of Engineers or Xinhua. Between those two, they have forgotten far more than most of us here will ever know on the topic.

If OOE tells you that the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D, unless you manage to get first hand evidence otherwise (hint: most of what is on google is not first hand evidence) then I would take OOE's word for it and not argue the fact.

I have no doubt the Chinese are able to sink a carrier in a LIMITED set of circumstances but it will not be done in the foreseeable future with the DF-21D.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Single or triple?

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    I'm too tired to insert a picture of Picard doing the face palm.

Consider it inserted in the space below....

Leave a comment:

• SajeevJino
    replied
    Originally posted by cataphract View Post
    Where did you get this from? Provide a source.
    Just Google it " Carrier Killer"

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    DF 21 is in Service of PLA...

blogs.defensenews.com/intercepts/2013/01/china-tests-carrier-killer-df-21d-missile-sinks-us-aircraft-carrier/
    Goodness. There's two craters in the Gobi desert
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    they even threaten of US CBG in Indian Ocean for supporting Japan with their Anti Shipping Ballistic Missile
    Where did you get this from? Provide a source.

Leave a comment:

• SajeevJino
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    You are freaking stupid. First off, the Indian Ocean is out of range for the DF-21D. 2nd of all, the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D.
    DF 21 is in Service of PLA...

blogs.defensenews.com/intercepts/2013/01/china-tests-carrier-killer-df-21d-missile-sinks-us-aircraft-carrier/

Leave a comment:

• diablo49
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    You are freaking stupid. First off, the Indian Ocean is out of range for the DF-21D. 2nd of all, the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D.
    sir, if I may ask, how do we know the Chinese have stopped working on the DF-21D?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's just on Paper...Remember what they does against Japan for the Shenyaku Island Issue ..they even threaten of US CBG in Indian Ocean for supporting Japan with their Anti Shipping Ballistic Missile

Leave a comment:

• Red Team
    replied
    That's just on Paper...Remember what they does against Japan for the Shenyaku Island Issue ..they even threaten of US CBG in Indian Ocean for supporting Japan with their Anti Shipping Ballistic Missile
    The ASBM's guidance system has its own plethora of issues and bugs which limit its utility to that of a paper tiger at best.

And as if this cliche hadn't already been gone over on this thread already...deterrence is not warfighting. The last thing a salesman wants to do is to piss of his best customer.

Leave a comment:

• SajeevJino
    replied
    Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Ummm, because China isn't an idiot child who thinks if they paint their boats a different colour everyone will go "ohh, didn't realise the Norks had those boats": because China and the US are far more realistically allied than China and North Korea: because China actually enjoys peace and prosperity: because the PLAN and the Chinese government aren't suicidal.

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Central Readiness Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They've deployed as protection for the SDF contingent sent to Iraq post invasion. They work closely with the AUS-SAS and NZ-SAS, and are trained primarily by the US.
    The SDF have deployed a number of times as peacekeeping troops, the nearest to us being East Timor. IIRC I heard the CRF were quietly involved in Guadacanal in '99.
    What happened in Guadalcanal in '99?

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Can Japan send troops abroad?
    Central Readiness Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They've deployed as protection for the SDF contingent sent to Iraq post invasion. They work closely with the AUS-SAS and NZ-SAS, and are trained primarily by the US.
    The SDF have deployed a number of times as peacekeeping troops, the nearest to us being East Timor. IIRC I heard the CRF were quietly involved in Guadacanal in '99.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    Can Japan send troops abroad?
    If I'm not mistaken, their Constitution prohibits them from sending troops anywhere outside of territorial Japan, a holdover from WWII when we wanted to curtail any future imperialistic impulses by the Japanese; needless to say, the concept is a bit outdated. I imagine that's why we haven't seen any Japanese troops participating in any UN "adventures".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X