X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    Get over yourselves, Big Fella and zraver, I remember when you guys first came aboard and did worse than what doppelganger and didn't like being called fools or such. WAB is not exclusive for long term members. Like any other forum, it needs newbies to keep from dying out.

If you wanna call somebody a fool, first at least point out why he is wrong and if he continues to go down as a being a fool, then by all means channel your inner Mr. T out in the open. Doppelganger made an open question regarding the hostility towards North Korea and since he is from India not from the western world, he has a different perspective and is asking for your perspective. After all, WAB is a global forum, not just dedicated to American & Western interest.

As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.
    If you really want to help this guy BM I suggest you waste less time lecturing me (again) and more time telling him how to best survive & thrive here. Of course, that was never really the point of this, was it. I could suggest you get over yourself, but I've been here long enough to know that isn't going to happen.

Like Z & like everybody else here I copped my share of wacks when I first arrived. Rather than sulking I learned how to do my research & argue my case better. That is precisely the advice I & other senior members have given to our new member. You lecturing me won't help him survive. Following that advice will.

As for your repeated allegation that I called Doppelganger a 'fool', I did no such thing. I told him the best course of action for him to take to avoid being seen as one when he posts. At this point he seems disinclined to listen. Unfortunately your post will probably not encourage him to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I think I've just been called a meanie.
    I prefer 'strict disciplinarian'. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by zraver View Post
    But only in the most respectful way.
    mean·ie
    /ˈmēnē/
    Noun
    A mean or small-minded person.
    Enlight me, please.

Leave a comment:

• zraver
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    But only in the most respectful way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.
    As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    I didn't call him a fool, and I answered his question directly. And yes I came in hot and took a lot of flak, almost got bounced but managed to get it in check in time.
    Yes I remembered and yes I know you answered his question directly but Big Fella didn't need encouraging to do what he was not qualified to do.

Leave a comment:

• zraver
    replied
    Get over yourselves, Big Fella and zraver, I remember when you guys first came aboard and did worse than what doppelganger and didn't like being called fools or such. WAB is not exclusive for long term members. Like any other forum, it needs newbies to keep from dying out.

If you wanna call somebody a fool, first at least point out why he is wrong and if he continues to go down as a being a fool, then by all means channel your inner Mr. T out in the open. Doppelganger made an open question regarding the hostility towards North Korea and since he is from India not from the western world, he has a different perspective and is asking for your perspective. After all, WAB is a global forum, not just dedicated to American & Western interest.

I didn't call him a fool, and I answered his question directly. And yes I came in hot and took a lot of flak, almost got bounced but managed to get it in check in time.

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied

Last edited by Blademaster; 16 Mar 13,, 20:52.

Leave a comment:

• Red Team
    replied
    doppelganger: North Korea Military Guide - Global Security

A bit filled with ads but a fairly decent shallow dive into the North Korean perspective.

---

Now for the next issue:

The North Koreans have built and tested a number of "nukes" and as the WAB has largely noted:

North Korea Appears to Test Nuclear Device - World Affairs Board

...the thing was a nuclear dud.

However if ROK, US and/or Chinese forces do go into North Korea, what would the potential be for a desperation move by the NORKs to blow up some form of dirty bomb in a key area such as Pyongyang and how would such an event affect long-term prospects for reconstruction?

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    I do love a self-policing forum :)

doppelganger, it's a shame that you have brought such a narrow-minded attitude to the World Affairs Board in general and this thread specifically.

If the age you have given on your profile is accurate then you are hardly a young person with a young person's attitude.
    I suggest that you take the advice and information given by USSWisconsin and study it carefully. It will give you the answers you seek and also assist in becoming in an active and productive member of the board, if that is indeed what you wish.

Leave a comment:

• USSWisconsin
    replied
    Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    I was just wondering what makes North Korea special.

What you are accusing them of, most other countries do as well.

I mean seriously? Kidnapping, drug delaing, murder, arms trading, counterfreiting, bellicosity?

You sure we cannot describe at least a dozen other nations like that, if not more?
    Please take a look at this:
    http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...val-guide.html

"what makes North Korea special?".
    here are some articles with lots of reference links and good summaries, the thread itself has more info

North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [On January 24, 2013, North Korea announced its intentions to target the United States in its missile and nuclear programs. The statement called the United States, the "sworn enemy of the Korean people".[57]

On March 8, 2013, the North Korean government announced that it was withdrawing from all non-aggression pacts with South Korea in response to UN Resolution 2094.[58][59][60] The announcement said it was closing its joint border crossing with South Korea and cutting off the hotline to the South.[58][59][60]
    Bombardment of Yeonpyeong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROKS Cheonan sinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of border incidents involving North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USS Pueblo (AGER-2) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by USSWisconsin; 16 Mar 13,, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• zraver
    replied
    Thanks Z. I'm not fussed about an apology, I just want him to lift his game. I'm going to assume he isn't stupid, so he can show us rather than just getting whiny when he gets called on it. If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.
    eeggads, I knew i was in the multi-thousand range but 11K posts... I bet OOE is pushing 20, gotta go look.

Looked, in excess of 23,000....

Dopplerganger, take the 6124 of Bigfella times an average of 20 words per post sinve BF can be nearly as wordy as me. That is over 122k words of contribution. He joined in early 07- 6 years ago. See the community?
    Last edited by zraver; 16 Mar 13,, 12:39.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    It doesn't work that way here. You have 75 post, he has over 6000. You will rapidly face a choice, apologize and earn our respect through contribution, or likely get banned. WAB- many come, few are allowed to stay. Its a steep learning curve. We are a community and as such seniority does have its perks. Those of us with thousands upon thousands of posts are members of the same virtual village we built not you. Your welcome to move in, but we have our laws and customs we expect you to respect.
    Thanks Z. I'm not fussed about an apology, I just want him to lift his game. I'm going to assume he isn't stupid, so he can show us rather than just getting whiny when he gets called on it. If he thinks I'm tough then he'd better not irritate the Colonel. I'm a wee pussy cat by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Tennetc
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    If I read it right, NK has 24mil population if they all flee to PRC and depopulate the land, that would be 1 NORK per every Chinese village.

Hardly they will drain Chinese economy or their food storage.

Commie govs have some pretty efficient ways to disperse vast amount of people in a vast amount of landmass.

Don't see any particular reason CCP to be worried about that wave beside domestic piss off.

But which local village committee will be willing to add a non-chinese speaking outsider to register in the village hukuo?the locals are already not happy about the land stituation as it is (adding new people means more people to eat the pie). The centrel gov can force the local gov to do it, but why enrage them?

Leave a comment:

• zraver
    replied
    If this is how you react when someone call you out for commenting on something you clearly don't know enough about then you are going to have a short, unhappy life here. I notice that you have begun to 'spread your wings' beyond ogling pictures of women. I suggest you do better than you have here. If you think I am being harsh just wait until you irritate some of the other folks hereabouts. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.
    Have him take a gander at Herr Wehrmacht's recent example...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X