• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    It's obsolete.

Leave a comment:

• Red Team
    replied
    Found this good article on military doctrine for both sides in the event of war.

OPLAN 5027 Major Theater War West - Global Security

Leave a comment:

• astralis
    replied
    whisky,

as you say, it works either way. it's also a message to china that not dealing more proactively against North Korea has consequences.

Leave a comment:

• USSWisconsin
    replied
    I am wondering if NK is a particularly useful "enemy state" for the US because of its proximity to China, who is "friendly" but still worries the US with its military build up. By preparing to deal with NK, the Chinese threat is also addressed to some extent, at least with logistics and the positioning of forward assests. This is just an idea I had, I am not claiming this is actually what our gov't has in mind. I understand the economic ties that the US and PRC have and the unlikelyhood of an actual military conflict, due to the financial impacts to both countries.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    Lets bury this. I got my answer from others.
    Your unasked question was why are we punishing North Korea to the degree that we're not punishing Pakistan. The answer was we did. We stopped Pakistani nuclear weapons advancement cold ... and truth be told, we did the same thing with India. Both countries are stuck with first generation nukes as the only reliable weapons in their inventory. Forget thermonukes, that's not going to happen without another test.

But that being said, you are being obtuse when you did not do the most basic of research. Within this thread itself, we detailed the very threat the North Koreans posed and it ain't the nukes. To put it mildly, the North Koreans make the ISI look like a bunch of school boys. They kidnapped South Korean and Japanese women and brainwashed them into suicide bombers and I'm not talking about in markets, I'm talking about carrying a bomb onto passenger airliners. The Pakistanis tried to attack your parliament. The North Koreans managed to kill an entire cabinet.

What's more? Despite some very detailed analysis here, you ignore what the real threat was. To put it in context you understand. Not only is Pakistan threatening you with nukes but they're threatening to move their entire population into India.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tennetc View Post
    As I know, NK got no operational ballistic missile except for some scud copies,so is this anti-missile plan really only for NK or is this an excuse for the US to place more ABM systems against russia and china?
    Of course it's against China. Russia has other routes that don't come across those ABMs.

Leave a comment:

• Tennetc
    replied
    To bring this thread back on topic:

As I know, NK got no operational ballistic missile except for some scud copies,so is this anti-missile plan really only for NK or is this an excuse for the US to place more ABM systems against russia and china?

On second thought, this could be a message to NK that their effort to attack US allies and the US itshelf will be futile and also a message to US allies and US public to don't worry, the US can deal with NK

China criticizes U.S. anti-missile North Korea plan
    Reuters – 47 mins ago
    Email
    Share13
    Print

View Photo
    Reuters/Reuters - China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei asks journalists for questions during a news conference in Beijing July 7, 2011. REUTERS/David Gray
    BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Monday U.S. plans to bolster missile defenses in response to provocations by North Korea would only intensify antagonism, and urged Washington to act prudently.
    "The anti-missile issue has a direct bearing on global and regional balance and stability. It also concerns mutual strategic interests between countries," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a daily news briefing.
    U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced plans on Friday to bolster U.S. missile defenses in response to "irresponsible and reckless provocations" by North Korea, which has threatened a preemptive nuclear strike against the United States.
    Hong said China believed efforts to increase security and resolve the problem of nuclear proliferation were best achieved through diplomatic means.
    "Actions such as strengthening anti-missile (defenses) will intensify antagonism and will not be beneficial to finding a solution for the problem," Hong said.
    "China hopes the relevant country will proceed on the basis of peace and stability, adopt a responsible attitude and act prudently."
    The Pentagon said the United States had informed China, North Korea's neighbor and closest ally, of its decision to add more interceptors but declined to characterize Beijing's reaction.
    The remarks from China's Foreign Ministry come days before U.S. Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence David Cohen visits China to discuss implementation of economic sanctions against North Korea.
    China has expressed unease at previous U.S. plans for missile defense systems, as well as sales of such systems to Taiwan and Japan, viewing it as part of an attempt to "encircle" and contain China despite U.S. efforts to ease Chinese fears.
    China has responded by developing an anti-missile system of its own, announcing the latest successful test in January.
    (Reporting by Sui-Lee Wee; Writing by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Robert Birsel)

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Semantically that sounds like a veiled threat.

In any case, you can choose to listen to the person who tells you what you want to hear or the people who tell you what you need to survive. Personally I'm sorta hoping you ignore us.
    One would really need to be a fool to threaten someone sitting behind his computer on another continent. Just stating a fact.

I'm hoping you would ignore me as well to tell you the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Semantics buddy. Face to face, its as good as calling the other guy a fool.

Also face to face there are no issues of 6000 posts versus 75.

Semantically that sounds like a veiled threat.

In any case, you can choose to listen to the person who tells you what you want to hear or the people who tell you what you need to survive. Personally I'm sorta hoping you ignore us.

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    I didn't.
    Semantics buddy. Face to face, its as good as calling the other guy a fool.

Also face to face there are no issues of 6000 posts versus 75.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Bigfella I am sorry but you do not have the liberty to call me a fool or any other word.
    I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    Get over yourselves, Big Fella and zraver, I remember when you guys first came aboard and did worse than what doppelganger and didn't like being called fools or such. WAB is not exclusive for long term members. Like any other forum, it needs newbies to keep from dying out.

If you wanna call somebody a fool, first at least point out why he is wrong and if he continues to go down as a being a fool, then by all means channel your inner Mr. T out in the open. Doppelganger made an open question regarding the hostility towards North Korea and since he is from India not from the western world, he has a different perspective and is asking for your perspective. After all, WAB is a global forum, not just dedicated to American & Western interest.

As for calling somebody fool, as far as I am concerned, the only person allowed to call anybody a fool the first time they post or such is our beloved OOE since he can be so entertaining.
    Thanks BM for an Indian perspective. Yes, we in this part of the world are big on etiquette and do not stand around quietly while others call us names. Bigfella I am sorry but you do not have the liberty to call me a fool or any other word. I asked a question which I feel was answered much better by other here than yourself. You just went directly pompous and threw your weight around. Not appreciated and I told you that in no uncertain terms. You can either reply to me or ignore me. Your being senior also means you need to learn some manners to pass them on to newcomers. I feel you have failed there. I will not unnecessarily pull this further now.

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I think I've just been called a meanie.
    No way!

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I think I've just been called a meanie.
    Isn't that some sort of liquorice lolly?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X