Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennetc
    replied
    One way to know for sure if China is going to turn on NK is if china cancels the Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty , or when 2021 comes (assuming todays NK is still there) and china does not renew this treaty.

Till the above happens, I don't think china will unilaterally make any move against NK, unless provoked(like NK finally making a nuke, attacking SK etc).

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
    I believe the Chinese are coming to the end of the tether with NK.
    Which leads to the interesting question - what does that mean in concrete terms? Chna can turn the screws at whatever speed it chooses, but just what is it prepared to do & just what result might it bring? Will be curious to watch.

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    That's just the problem: He'll continue pulling stunts like the Cheonan sinking and the Yeonpyeong bombardment...and the next time it happens, South Korea is likely going to lash back with some serious firepower.

And the North Koreans don't give a single shit about what the Chinese say as long as the aid keeps rolling in. And unless China wants to trigger a full-scale catastrophe, they'll keep sending it.
    I believe the Chinese are coming to the end of the tether with NK.

Leave a comment:

• Dreadnought
    replied
    Theatening nuclear strikes on the US will no doubt fast track his regime to its eventual end. If we stop playing games with them and lay an ass whiping on them once and for all. Its either that or the game continues. The 28 year old has libraries to learn about threatening anyone with a nuclear strike and its consequences.

And this is where we SHOULD be pressuring China to relate a very direct and clear message since they could all become eventual Chinese immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• Skywatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by xinhui View Post
    They just put on a dog-n-pony show, notice their 4th corp's 170mm Koksan SP gun-howitzers have four powder bags each.
    I think they sold some to the Iranians during that big war, to match the Iraqi G-5s.

Leave a comment:

replied
    They would fire some arty rounds at the north, minutes after the nk left the premises
    and claim large nk casualties to reassure the south public audience .

this is not Cb , it is a public relations stunt.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
    Actually, I'm not personally convinced that Jon-un is going to do anything, now or in the future. He may get his kicks off a little finger waving now and then but he can't be that stupid to trigger a full scale war. And I'm sure China is having some private chats with him.

I mean, don't you think?
    That's just the problem: He'll continue pulling stunts like the Cheonan sinking and the Yeonpyeong bombardment...and the next time it happens, South Korea is likely going to lash back with some serious firepower.

And the North Koreans don't give a single shit about what the Chinese say as long as the aid keeps rolling in. And unless China wants to trigger a full-scale catastrophe, they'll keep sending it.

Leave a comment:

• chanjyj
    replied
    Actually, I'm not personally convinced that Jon-un is going to do anything, now or in the future. He may get his kicks off a little finger waving now and then but he can't be that stupid to trigger a full scale war. And I'm sure China is having some private chats with him.

I mean, don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    how do these SP units compare to an M109A6 Paladin?

It has tracks, spades and a gun tube.

That's where the comparison ends.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    They just put on a dog-n-pony show, notice their 4th corp's 170mm Koksan SP gun-howitzers have four powder bags each.
    So now our F-15E pilots know what to look for . . . . .

On a separate note (S2? Gunny? You paying attention?), how do these SP units compare to an M109A6 Paladin?

Leave a comment:

• Dreadnought
    replied
    IMO, When all is said and done...target the regime and its military leaders that stoke this "cause" for war first and foremost and by any and all means necessary drone strike, carrier strike, tomahawk strike etc. But make sure that all who continue to stir this get whats coming to them once and for all. In other words, before they get across the border and dont let "sanctuary" deter you one iotta.

Leave a comment:

• USSWisconsin
    replied
    They can certainly compose a great picture; a nice battery, a gun firing with projectile captured in flight, ammo layed out on a pallet - it tells a story and provides plenty of suplememtary info. The photographer is very good. :) This weapon reminds of the old US 175mm gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koksan_(artillery)

Leave a comment:

• xinhui
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Both North Korea and South Korea began military exercises this month. South Korea's was design to last 2 month. North Korea's lasted 2 days.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Please, let's end this round of mud-slinging. Stick to the topic at hand.

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Semantically that sounds like a veiled threat.

In any case, you can choose to listen to the person who tells you what you want to hear or the people who tell you what you need to survive. Personally I'm sorta hoping you ignore us.
    And I hope that others follow suit with him in ignoring you. Speak for yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X