• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by S2 View Post
    Jeez, hub-to-hub towed arty.

Somewhere there's a retired Red Army arty commander watching this with a half-empty bottle of vodka and smiling to himself about the good ol' days.
    And probably the biggest erection he has ever had in his life!

Meanwhile there an MLRS battery commander smiles and takes a swig of coffee from his mug just before he gives the command to fire.

Leave a comment:

• Chogy
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    DPRK propaganda video...looks like they're intending to refight the '50-'53 war with those infantry charges.
    I love the standard-bearer, makes them look like one of Pickett's brigades heading for The Angle.

Lacking air superiority or any significant air defense, these massive formations will be interdicted loooooong before they get to where they are needed.

They will be sensed from space, from the air, from ELINT. And they will be paid a visit from the air that will make the Highway of Death look like an Oklahoma traffic stop.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    I'm also betting somewhere there is an ROKAF or USAF squadron commader praying to his god that the KPA actually deploy like that. The phrase 'target rich environment' leaps to mind.
    Yeah, just salvo your AIM-120D's and see what happens . . .

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by S2 View Post

Somewhere there's a retired Red Army arty commander watching this with a half-empty bottle of vodka and smiling to himself about the good ol' days.
    It was all a bit 'Battle of Berlin' wasn't it? I'm sure that the artillery view of paradise looks a bit like that.

I'm also betting somewhere there is an ROKAF or USAF squadron commader praying to his god that the KPA actually deploy like that. The phrase 'target rich environment' leaps to mind.

Leave a comment:

• S2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    How is the DRPK video any different from Independence Day or Battleship?
    Really?

ID4 and Battleship:

1. Entirely fictional and advertised as such
    2. Have aliens from outer space as the "villain"
    3. Show multiple instances of the "good guys" getting beaten to a pulp by the "bad guys"

And that's just off the top of my head.

Leave a comment:

• erik
    replied
    B-2's sent to perform a mission over South Korea.

U.S. B-2 bombers conduct extended deterrence mission to the Republic of Korea

YONGSAN GARRISON, Seoul – Demonstrating the commitment of the United States and its capability to defend the Republic of Korea and to provide extended deterrence to our allies in the Asia-Pacific region, U.S. Strategic Command sent two B-2 Spirit bombers for a long-duration, round-trip training mission from Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo., to the Republic of Korea March 28 as part of the ongoing bilateral Foal Eagle training exercise.

This mission by two B-2 Spirit bombers assigned to 509th Bomb Wing, which demonstrates the United States’ ability to conduct long range, precision strikes quickly and at will, involved flying more than 6,500 miles to the Korean Peninsula, dropping inert munitions on the Jik Do Range, and returning to the continental U.S. in a single, continuous mission.

The United States is steadfast in its alliance commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea, to deterring aggression, and to ensuring peace and stability in the region. The B-2 bomber is an important element of America's enduring and robust extended deterrence capability in the Asia-Pacific region.
    United States Forces Korea | U.S. B-2 bombers conduct extended deterrence mission to the Republic of Korea

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    I like flamethrower tanks too. They look so 1944 in my gun sights!
    They also make a bigger 'boom'.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We lost 6 hours of our lives that we never get back from those movies. We only lost 6 minutes with this vid.

Leave a comment:

• Blademaster
    replied
    How is the DRPK video any different from Independence Day or Battleship?

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    I like flamethrower tanks too. They look so 1944 in my gun sights!

Leave a comment:

• zraver
    replied
    Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
    I liked the flamethrower tanks, squirting away as they advanced at full speed, driving right into the inferno they just laid down. Perhaps those units could handle taking themselves out. The way they bunched up all those guns and rocket launchers was very impressive, I suspect the ROK forces would have been impressed too, as they targeted them. Maybe they can teleport those towed guns to new positions before the counterbattery fire hits? What stopped all those DMZ minefields from going off as that infantry ran through them? Perhaps they are really just propaganda? Of course SK is going to simply cower in fear as the NK unleashs their "cruel" attacks. Perhaps someone over there will sacrifice themselves, for the good of their country, by standing next to the great leader with a belt of explosives wrapped around them? Hitler had some appearently loyal people who were willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of Germany. Is Kim un completely immune to such situations?
    Jay, its natural to compress unit spacings for propaganda films, we do it too.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
    Have you guys seen the new Red Dawn yet? The Norks are on the way!
    I suspect the DPRK thinks the film is actually an accurate depiction of its strength!

Leave a comment:

• Pedicabby
    replied
    Have you guys seen the new Red Dawn yet? The Norks are on the way!

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
    Bitchin' video, man.

Some of the highlights:

First day: over 250, 000 pieces of munition will be launched/shot towards the south on the first day.

Second day: Some 4000 tanks and 3000 troop carriers will launch a massive strike, and the US and ROK airforces can not do anything about it because they will be swept out of the sky because of the superiority of the DPRK aam missiles. . (And yes, it did mention 150, 000 American soldiers becoming POWs)

Third day: People of Seoul will be dejected and starving and will be ready to give up.

Conclusion: Pentagon computer simulations have shown the same thing but they are too scared to release the results of the excercise.
    Well....I'm convinced!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X