X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mihais
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
    You are thinking like an imperialist again.

Have you seen th video?

They will round-house kick any grenades thrown their way back to the person that threw it.
    Laugh all you want,American sellout,but they show the truth. :)
    They have some sort of troubles with people dressed in civilian clothes,that wave axes,pickaxes and spades.The Soviet dog and pony shows about combatives involved guys with guns as foes.And of course,a lot of fancy unworkable stuff.
    Actually I'm somewhat wrong.All this kung fu,bullshido thing works like a charm.In movies.

Leave a comment:

• YellowFever
    replied
    You are thinking like an imperialist again.

Have you seen th video?

They will round-house kick any grenades thrown their way back to the person that threw it.

Leave a comment:

• Red Team
    replied
    For the second video:

That's an awfully nice and tight infantry formation. It'd be a shame if an M67 were to land in the middle of it. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Mihais
    replied
    Originally posted by Stitch View Post
    Spray & pray . . . . .
    Their case-spray only

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    Originally posted by citanon View Post
    I don't think these guys have spent much time actually training to use their guns. The officers in the first video all had their fingers on the trigger as they were wagging their little 9 mm around..... guys in the second video aim their AKs like the FSA aim their machine guns.
    Spray & pray . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Parihaka
    replied
    Perhaps a better analogy for unification and rebuilding would be post-WWII Japan rather than east Germany.

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mihais View Post
    Good God!

I've heard plenty of things from a hopefully dead and gone era,but these guys are true perfectionists.I simply don't know what to make of them.
    For once,we never had this sort of fanatical regime.People mocked the regime,and the finest jokes were always heard from the security officers.Behind the scenes and unofficially,of course.
    We had Christianity,with its emphasis on individualism and salvation.Meaning also there is someone bigger the dear leader.
    And we had books,theaters and cinema.All the classics of the world could be found in every library of even moderately affluent and educated folks.We had a merchant fleet,whose sailors were the richest and finest,thanks to the black market.

I don't know what these folks have.

Updated training certainly they don't.
    I don't think these guys have spent much time actually training to use their guns. The officers in the first video all had their fingers on the trigger as they were wagging their little 9 mm around..... guys in the second video aim their AKs like the FSA aim their machine guns.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    And the hits just keep coming . . . . .

North Korea Moves Missile, Threatens To Close Factories Used By South

Leave a comment:

• Mihais
    replied
    Good God!

I've heard plenty of things from a hopefully dead and gone era,but these guys are true perfectionists.I simply don't know what to make of them.
    For once,we never had this sort of fanatical regime.People mocked the regime,and the finest jokes were always heard from the security officers.Behind the scenes and unofficially,of course.
    We had Christianity,with its emphasis on individualism and salvation.Meaning also there is someone bigger the dear leader.
    And we had books,theaters and cinema.All the classics of the world could be found in every library of even moderately affluent and educated folks.We had a merchant fleet,whose sailors were the richest and finest,thanks to the black market.

I don't know what these folks have.

Updated training certainly they don't.
    Last edited by Mihais; 04 Apr 13,, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    Originally posted by erik View Post
    I can't remember who said it, but when North Korea first threatened American bases and specifically said Guam, the response from our side was that our territories, bases, and etc. are under the defense shield. I'll try finding the article, but sending the THAAD to Guam now, does that mean there wasn't a missile defense system or any kind of defense system there? I'm not sure how our missile defense system works completely, so is the THAAD addition just extra to a defense system that is already there?
    There is/was, but I think it was predicated more on the idea that we still had a few Minuteman III ICBM's pre-programmed with coordinates inside of North Korea, specifically Pyongyang. The plan to deploy more defensive systems on the Pacific Rim is actually a step in the right direction; assuming NorK actually DOES launch a strategic weapon, intercepting it mid-course would negate the reason to turn Pyongyang into a big sheet of glass (as one of my ex-B-52 tailgunner friends has said). Yes, we are expending more resources (AEGIS BMD cruisers & destroyers with SM-3's on extended cruises, PAC-3 units deployed to crappy places like the Aleutian Islands and Guam), but in the long-run it's worth it.

Leave a comment:

• erik
    replied
    Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Seems like the young twat is determined to start fisticuffs

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines
    I can't remember who said it, but when North Korea first threatened American bases and specifically said Guam, the response from our side was that our territories, bases, and etc. are under the defense shield. I'll try finding the article, but sending the THAAD to Guam now, does that mean there wasn't a missile defense system or any kind of defense system there? I'm not sure how our missile defense system works completely, so is the THAAD addition just extra to a defense system that is already there?

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Seems like the young twat is determined to start fisticuffs , sabre rattler .

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines
    Last edited by tankie; 04 Apr 13,, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

• astralis
    replied
    the economics is significantly worse between SK and NK. at the minimum, west germany had a functioning, industrial-era economy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    The Koreans do not have Islam to deal with. There is frankly no comparison. Political ideologies are small fry in comparison.
    A man is a man is a man. He will starve, hurt, bleed like every other man. Start there and it doesn't matter what god he believes in. He will die just as a dog, cow, pig will die.

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    If it was that easy, then you'd had one country from Morocco to Pakistan and then to Indonesia.
    The possibility exists. The fabled ummah. The nostalgia of the Caliphate.

Once they decide on which is the true version.

Seeing as it has taken around a thousand years, I'm not going to be holding my breath on that one.
    Last edited by doppelganger; 03 Apr 13,, 13:40.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X