No announcement yet.

Smart Military Spending...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

err....from a idealistic point of view theres no "smart" military spending :D
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Cuba this may suprise you;)
      why denmark is considered egypt's 2nd enemy ?
      Last edited by zeus920; 11 Apr 08,, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by zeus920 View Post
        why denmark is considered egypt's 2nd enemy ?
        Because that was where the 'prophet' cartoons were published, causing the hatred of the country of origin. No wonder I'm an atheist if the religious types act in such a childish manner.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
          Because that was where the 'prophet' cartoons were published, causing the hatred of the country of origin. No wonder I'm an atheist if the religious types act in such a childish manner.
          with all respect to ur opinion ... but it is not enough reason to be our 2nd enemy ..... currently i think my country's worst enemy is israel... but as long as moubarak is bush's pet egypt can't take an action against israel

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
            err....from a idealistic point of view theres no "smart" military spending :D
            agree!

Comment

agree!
              Its smart when you are the soldier who has to survive on the battlefield

Comment

Three countries come to my mind when I read "smart defense spending".

A) Sweden
                The navy is impressive, the air force is extremely impressive and the army is OK. All this with a tiny budget & small population.

B) Israel
                They invest few million dollars annually in lobbying annually and get in return a huge chunk (billion USD) of their military financed by a very distant power. This foreign power even wages wars for Israel and uses security council vetoes to protect it.

C) Costa Rica
                Its defense spending efficiency is infinite.
                They have no military, but don't get invaded.

Comment

Australia would have to be one of the worst. I think we spend more on our military than India yet we have 1 oversized Battalion of tanks (for the same price that India paid for 300 T90's we bought 56 M1A1's). We paid big for the JSF before even seriously considering the competition. We buy crappy old landing ships from the U.S. that cost almost as much as we bought them for to bring them up to standards. Lets not go into the Collins class... good as it is now it was a painful experience to get where we are now. Oh and did i mention the Seasprites, F18E's, OHP upgrades etc etc etc
                  The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Working...
                  X