Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Subhash Chandra Bose had marched upto Delhi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adux View Post
    Sir,

We were slave labour for the british, its not as if we were the suppliers and they the middlemen.
    I agree with your sentiments but the reality is that we Indians help the British take over India. They could not have done it without our help. And the British wanted to go to China and deal opium and we were the middlemen. Yes we were the middlemen. Read up the zamindars and their history dealing with their British masters. Hell there are some regiments in India today proudly displaying their war loot during the Opium Wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adux View Post
      They are all pre-13th century. Its from here we started loosing in my opinion
      Hmm, I think its only case in point after the arrival of East India company. Coz as late as 15th century, the Vijayanagar Empire had a pretty good navy with the help of seafaring Portuguese.
      Also there are quite a few exceptions in the North,
      Naval Warfare in ancient India
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

• Mission Moon...we take off at 1200 hrs...shuttle past Venus...head for Jupiter...halt at the Uranus for a while, suddenly realising that Mars was enroute...back to Mars...whizzz pass the Saturn and finally prepare to head towards the destination.....Moon.
        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• Hello

If Netaji would have marched into Delhi as the Famous battle Cry "DELHI CHALO" Well he would have all the Rao Bahadurs and kings would have been eliminated because they all had somehow mistreated women it was a passion for some kings to rape virgins.So Indian Royalty Die because it is your KARMA.

Comment

• I used to have discussions with my grand father about what would have happened if Neta ji had lived on to see a free India and participated in the politics.

Any books, documentaries, movies etc. that people would recommend about the INA and the campaign in Burma?

Comment

• For Burma in ww2 you could read Field Marshal Slim's Defeat into Victory, a superb account of the campaign.
              I always thought Netaji while patriotic was also a bit stupid. We already had british empire sitting on our heads, his actions had he succeded would have allowed the Japanese (who make the British look like boy scouts) to get their hands on India.
              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• You must understand, that marching to New Delhi, would have meant fighting the Indian Army. Also, the British controlled the economy of India. Subhash Chandra Bose would certainly have tried to get to New Delhi. The question is, why did he not? Were the I N A tried and found guilty of mutiny by the British? What if the plane of Subhash Chandra Bose had crashed in the heartland of India? The British would not have thought about leaving India, for a while. It was impossible, perhaps, that the whole army would mutiny. This would have been disastrous. The Congress Party had got an assurance that India would be given independence, before Churchill became Prime Minister, if India fought for the Allies, perhaps. It is believed, that he survived the crash.

Comment

Working...
                X