No announcement yet.

"Thank God for the Atom Bomb"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have skim read through this and Feel I have a slightly different out look on it.
    2 Cities have been deemed to be military targets. To destroy those targets I give you a choice,
    2 nukes you load them on 2 planes.
    Or 800,000 500lbs bombs you load them on about 24,000 planes.
    Chose the first at the end of the day go to the bar and get a tall one.
    Chose the second and your day will never end and you will die before the job ever gets done.
    These cities must be destroyed in order to undermine the enemies supply lines in time for ground operations. Choice is yours....
    Ill be in the bar waiting for you. Last man in buys the drinks.

Comment

• Yamamoto forsaw this in his writings and noted it to his subordinates until he was blown out of the sky by the P38's over Bouganville. He knew when the Americans came seeking "payment" for Pearl Harbor among other things that the Japanese cities being made mostly of wood and paper would burn like "matchsticks".He did not know of the bomb but he foresaw the outcome of what was to be.;)
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• I was watching a program about the top 10 bombers of all time and number 3 I think was the B-29. I knew the Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, but did not know the name B-29 to drop the bomb on Nagasaki was called 'Boxcar'. Bit of trivia for you.
        No sea too rough, no muf* too tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by neilmpenny View Post
          I was watching a program about the top 10 bombers of all time and number 3 I think was the B-29. I knew the Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, but did not know the name B-29 to drop the bomb on Nagasaki was called 'Boxcar'. Bit of trivia for you.

IIRC, the B-29 that bombed Nagasaki was called "Bock's Car".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
            IIRC, the B-29 that bombed Nagasaki was called "Bock's Car".
            Even better!!! Thanks for the clarification :-)
            No sea too rough, no muf* too tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by neilmpenny View Post
              I was watching a program about the top 10 bombers of all time and number 3 I think was the B-29. I knew the Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, but did not know the name B-29 to drop the bomb on Nagasaki was called 'Boxcar'. Bit of trivia for you.
              Actually had the pleasure to look upon the man that piloted her (Enolya Gay)during that mission as he visited our ship last year.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                That is correct. The Japanese government systematically "forget" to mention the various warcrimes committed by their beloved "heroes" during WW2, especially the Nanking massacre and the infamous human experiments conducted in Manchuria.

Their text books don't take responsibilities for starting the war, nor do they mention anything about how the IJA invaded various Asian countries.

Germans had the balls to face the crimes committed by some of their crazed relatives in the past. Not the Japanese. Germans are still paying for their crimes against humanity. It's difficult to get the Japanese to admit starting the war, let alone getting an apology from them.
                Sorry for my ignorance, what did you think from the point of the West why did the retard Japanese had the "guts" difficult to get the Japanese to admit starting the war with Asians like China, but dare not to the Western Power such as Pearl Harbour attacks, Attu Islands, Phillippines, British own Singapores,...etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  The US shouldn't have dropped the bombs.

We really should have systematically torched every single Japanese city to prepare for the invasion. Keep it up for a few months to weaken their defense first. Their inter island trasport was all but destroyed or stopped. We make sure these people have no structures left and no food to eat. Then we get ashore to set up some nice meat grinders and wait for the inevitable banzai charge by bamboo stick wielding civilians.

Yeah we might suffer some casualties. Yeah a few million more Japanese might die. But hey, we wouldn't have to listen to some anti-nuke anti-war leftist hippie know-it-all b!itch about the bomb.
                  Shall I post a blog come from "some anti-nuke anti-war leftist hippie know-it-all b!itch" and some terrible pics of Nuke attack?

Fogonazos: Hiroshima, the pictures they didn't want us to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo Ferrari View Post
                    Shall I post a blog come from "some anti-nuke anti-war leftist hippie know-it-all b!itch" and some terrible pics of Nuke attack?

Fogonazos: Hiroshima, the pictures they didn't want us to see
                    No no no...it's "anti-war leftist hippie know-it-all" b!itch about the bomb.

Not "anti-war leftist hippie know-it-all b!itch..."

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
                      It attacked Lebanon and pulverized it to gypsum and bone... over 2 soldiers. Israel is a very aggressive nation of its own sort. It doesn't need much of a provocation to go postal.
                      If a country kidnapped two American soldiers, then I would support the non-stop, round-the-clock, carpet bombing of all of that country's cities. I would especially support the use of cluster bombs in residential areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by durtyburd View Post
                        If a country kidnapped two American soldiers, then I would support the non-stop, round-the-clock, carpet bombing of all of that country's cities. I would especially support the use of cluster bombs in residential areas.
                        Pretty decent snark you got there, but of course we know you'd never support anything that would be effective, just the usual soft-mouthed protests and diplomatic kibuki dance that would telegraph weakness to our enemies and friends, and end up with even more outrages being conducted against our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by durtyburd View Post
                          Perhaps you would but I doubt one would find many supporters for such. It's never much been there, regardless of the party in the office. The country may shout, say that those who do so are cowards, but as far as going to war over a soldier or sailor, it's not there. The general assumption, IMHO, is that they are paid to take that risk. One only has to look at the various attacks against the military before 9/11; as far as the country seems to be concerned, terrorism started on 9/11 but the miltary had been facing it for far longer.

Further, why should the country be committed to a war just because of the kidnapping of two soldiers? Think about it for a moment. Kidnap two soldiers and pull needed assets away from where they are needed, such as maintaining force levels against a real enemy.

If one is going to take a violent attitude against kidnapping, then at least take a lesson from the Soviets. Don't respond with military forces; respond with covert forces.

Some Soviet citizens were kidnapped in Beirut. The KGB responded by finding a major sympathsizer, killing some of his family, AND then started talking. "We want our people back."--KGB
                          "But I don't have anything to do with that!"--confederate
                          "We don't care. We want our people back in 24 hours or we'll do more of what we just did." Within 24 hours, the Soviet citizens were released and hardly any Soviet citizens were kidnapped after that.--(w,stte), not well known but not classified intel story from the 80's.
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          (After Ops used the power of Section One, by killing a Godfather's protected nephew, as a demo to have the Godfather cancel a contract. Obey or tomarrow, I remove you. "You control what's in this house, Eddie; I control what's in the world."--Ops, (w,stte), "La Femme Nikita")
                          Last edited by SnowLeopard; 01 Mar 07,, 15:31.

Comment

• Funny how some Iranian 'diplomats' got picked up doing bad things in Iraq, huh?

Not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Comment

• Further, why should the country be committed to a war just because of the kidnapping of two soldiers? Think about it for a moment. Kidnap two soldiers and pull needed assets away from where they are needed, such as maintaining force levels against a real enemy.
                              It depends, country smashing in responce to pin pick provocations detours pin prick attacks by removing any benifit to the attackers. The reason people were given object lessons in the past is beucase they work. Modern western society has forgotten this truth.

Covert action might work better, but raw brute force is very effective when used properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                It depends, country smashing in responce to pin pick provocations detours pin prick attacks by removing any benifit to the attackers. The reason people were given object lessons in the past is beucase they work. Modern western society has forgotten this truth.

Covert action might work better, but raw brute force is very effective when used properly.
                                Or modern society has learned the implications of this truth. How far in the past are we talking about? Before telecommunications where if one laid destruction down it could be weeks before the rest of the world knew? Before aircraft or chemical warfare where retribution for an act can occur the next day? Before the Industrial Age?

Let me tell you a story where one man demonstrated how much of a trigger one man and anger can be. He committed a capital crime in another country. That country demanded of his home country that the people responsible be handed over or else it was war. The home country refused. The injured country went to war.............and the result was World War One.

So, how far in the past are we talking about that this method worked?
                                -----------------------------------------------------
                                ("Well, it worked in rehersal."--man on Timex commercial after the elephant smashed the watch, (w,stte), an old Timex commercial)

Comment

Working...
                                X