Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    I cannot explain it.

The point he made about how old Hinduism is?

No way someone born into a Abrahamic way of life would get that.

Is he really a native white Canadian?
    An idiot AND a bigot wiht zero imaginatin. Fine combination. Had you been here for more that 5 minutes you would know that points like that have been made by myself (who is apparently Pakistani) and Parihaka (who is all manner of things) years ago. In fact, we made them in an argument wiht a mindless chest beating Chinese netizen spouting off about his '5000 year old culture'. He sound an awful lot like you.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      An idiot AND a bigot wiht zero imaginatin. Fine combination. Had you been here for more that 5 minutes you would know that points like that have been made by myself (who is apparently Pakistani) and Parihaka (who is all manner of things) years ago. In fact, we made them in an argument wiht a mindless chest beating Chinese netizen spouting off about his '5000 year old culture'. He sound an awful lot like you.
      You are a Pakistani bro.

My nose is seldom wrong.

My gut never.

Notice I do not have to resort to calling you names per the rules here.

Comment

You are a Pakistani bro.

My nose is seldom wrong.

My gut never.

Notice I do not have to resort to calling you names per the rules here.
        Self praise is for the vain.;)

BF is many thing unsavory,but a Pakistani he's not.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Btw, I just noticed from a patron I am a Contributor now.

Only 3 members have made more than 200 posts in the past 3 weeks.

Officer of Engineers ji

Doktor ji

doppelganger the in house racist bigoted tharki (horndog)

Comment

P.S. Doktor, ji in Hindi is post fixed for respect.

Like Doktor san in Japanese.

Or as Bigfella would say, Doktor huzoor in Urdu.

Comment

I was wondering when the bigotry would turn up. Its been implied for a while now, just wondered how long until you just couldn't help yourself.

Bigfella, I actually get you and some like you.
              Everything you have written so far tells me you don't understand the first thing about me.

You do not have a history to speak of.

You do have a culture to speak of.

You do not really have roots to speak of.
              Ah yes. This is the 'I have a 5000 year old culture & you don't' argument. Much favoured of netizens wiht the intellectual capacity of a primary school child.

So for you every colored drawing on a cave wall or piece of bone or other such evidences that denote that the land you now inhabit has a history a lot older than your own gets you all excited and chuffed.
              For someone who claims to 'understand me' you seem determined to conflate me with you. You are the one getting all puffed about the centuries & millenia old existence & achievements of a culture that happens to occupy the same geographic space as your nation. That you, it isn't me.

Aboriginal culture is not my culture. Its achievements & failures are not mine. Not reflects no credit on me. I have merely used it as an example of a religion older than Hinduism because I happen to be familiar with it.

So hallucinogen induced aboroginal walkabouts and "dreamings" become the cultural and spiritual threads your empty and otherwise shallow "civilizational" existence so craves and wistfully yearns for.
              More superior bigotry. And innacurate at that.

Use of hallucinogens in Aboriginal cultures was very limited. The notion of the 'dreamtime' is no different to any other mystical religious notion. My culture knows little & cares less about Aboriginal religion.

Of course, all of this is jsut a long winded way of you avoiding facing up to the fact that you are wrong....but picking your crap apart is amusing.

Sorry man. If you say, yeah we Aussies kick ass at sport, and have a great physical culture, I would be the first to back you up. Am a big fan of your sporting prowess and physicality in all walks of life.

But please learn to appreciate the strong points of other cultures as well.
              Take your own advice. You are the one dismissing Aboriginies as 'cavemen' & demigrating their culture by refusing to accept that it has a religion.

It is a BIG world out there, and there are some of us here who were there LONG LONG before you guys ever came along.

Does that make us beter than you? In some ways definitely yes. In others as I have pointe out, you guys hold the top draw.
              What does this have to do with the age of hinduism or aboriginal religion?

The only person here having some contest about the 'better' civilization is you. I have barely mentioend mine. You haven't shut up about yours. Once again, don't judge me by your low standards.

I too ignored your past cavalier attitude and learned to get along on the cat thread.

But this is twice you have shown disrespect which cannot and will not be ignored sir.
              The most disprespectful person on this thread by a WIDE margin is you.

Maybe youare not a religious person but I most definitely am.

I take great pride in my ancient faith and my civilizational roots.

And I am sorry but you cannot and will not show disrespect to that.
              What I don't respect is people who insist on treating fallacy as fact and refuse to accept fact when it is presented to them. You are jumping up and down and claiming I have 'disprespected' your religion because I have shown conclusively that it is not the oldest in the world. If you are so easily offended by the presentation of a few basic facts then you are going to have a very unhappy life.

And that is exactly what you aim to do by belittling a great religion by equating it in the same breath as your cavemen.
              And here we get to the crowning moment of the bigotry. You are so arrogant that you simply can't accept that your beliefs & those of people you deride as 'primitive' can both be a religion. They are. This is not remotely in doubt. Only a fool could fail to understand that.
              sigpic

Comment

Never mind Bigfella.

Its the weekend.

Have a Fosters on me mate.

Comment

Not at all, why do you say that?

As people to people, the caveman and I are equals.

But as faiths and cultures and civilizations and history and conquests and achievements ?
                  Who here is talking about 'equality'. I have presented you with a definition of 'religion' and facts that show that Aboriginal beliefs meet that deinition. That is all that is necessary to to prove my point....which I have done.

Or do you believe that God made all men equal?

I do not.
                  Nor do I. The last 'caveman' I met was someone who was able to move between one of the oldest continously existing cultures in the world & the most modern. He was a man who could converse as easily wiht a desert dwelling nomad as he could a university professor. He could live off land that would kill you or I in a days. He was also skilled enough to play first grade rugby and had a law degree.

You are not his equal & never will be.
                  sigpic

Comment

Chill Bigfella.

Know your culture.

And celebrate it. :tankie:

Why get hyper about something you can never have?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anil View Post
                      Bottomline is that "conversions" in islam/christianity and hinduism is completely different.

Hinduism spreads "ideas" which try to explain the nature of the universe and man

on the other hand

Islam/christianity spread the gospel/dawah to cultivate "pockets of intelligence" across the world to accomplish its own world order. It has little to do with understanding the nature of the universe and man.

Again, we can forever argue about the definition of "conversions" but what these two "actually do" is open for everyone to see.
                      Anil,

You bring up some interesting points. My point has always been that the practice & beliefs of hinduism spread farther & faster than would be possible if those beliefs could only be propagated by people being born into it. That is the assertion I keep having thrown at me. As I have stated, this usually seems to come from people trying to push a 'my religion/culture is better than yours' barrow. It simply strikes be as completely ahistorical. There must have been some means by which people not born hindus could come to consider themselves & be considered hindus. I don't assume a particular process. I don't assume it was a straightforward thing that happened the same way in every culture. But it must have happened in some way.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why get hyper about something you can never have?
                        ....and that would be?
                        sigpic

Comment

farther faster

I keep hearing this from Bigfella.

Baba tell me, 10,000 years

1 billion Hindus.

2000 years

2.1 billion Christians

1300 years

1.6 billion Muslims

We breed and we stay where God put us.

Not go out to conquer the world.

Comment

....and that would be?
                            Whatever it is you were not born into.

Comment

Whatever it is you were not born into.
                              I was not born into poverty, ignorance, conflict, hunger or savagery. Can't say I'm missing anything. Wouldn't be anywhere else.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was not born into poverty, ignorance, conflict, hunger or savagery. Can't say I'm missing anything. Wouldn't be anywhere else.
                                Racist bigot looking down on third world poverty and suffering!

Cant stand people like you man with your silver spoon in mouth existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X