Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the house were built by americans ninety years ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the house were built by americans ninety years ago.

the house were built by americans about ninety years ago,located at a hospital.Huangchuan.Henan.china.
    takes these photos in 2009.04.21.by chenyu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chenyu; 22 Apr 09,, 06:26. Reason: add word

Looks good huh

Comment

wow, it is in horrable shape, original construction looks like very well build, but seems like nobody really maintained it.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
        wow, it is in horrable shape, original construction looks like very well build, but seems like nobody really maintained it.
        Maintaining an American building? Blasphemy!

Comment

what difference does it make?? american, chinise or russian, building is a building. all need to be maintained, thou some more some less.

my grandfather told me after ww2 captured german solgers were building houses (and roads, and...you name it), so when russian were building houses they needed a truck to remove garbage, and construction waste, after germans only a bucket full of rubble remained.
          also houses build by russians would develop cracks in 2-3 years, german build ones, would stay at least 10-15 years before first crack appeared.
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I sort of like the one my late father-in-law told me about. The Russians built a new set of apartment buildings in Hungary. About 4 or 5 stories high. But forgot to put in bathrooms.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

If you have Google Earth (what WAB member doesn't), punch up 7138 West Mt. Vernon Avenue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You can zoom in on the house my grandfather built abouot 1914.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                I sort of like the one my late father-in-law told me about. The Russians built a new set of apartment buildings in Hungary. About 4 or 5 stories high. But forgot to put in bathrooms.
                That sounds like Khrushchev to me. The man went on a rampage pulling down old churches and built bad apartments over them.
                All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

well, idk if it is actually true, in soviet times buildings had separate rooms for bathtub-sink, and toilet, until i came to us, i have not seen toilet-bathtub-sink in the same room.
                  i was actually convenient to have separate rooms.
                  i went to building institute in Ukraine, worked on new construction, as a student, unique thing about soviet panel buildings(and some brick ones too) bathroom, toilet rooms were prebuilt boxes, that came from a factory, and fitted like legos inside new buildings. also every apartment had a terrace, some even 2, latest app. i lived in, in Ukraine had 2 on opposite sides of the building
                  Last edited by omon; 22 Apr 09,, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                    Looks good huh
                    No worse than my mate's estate in Glasgow. And he's supposed to live in the "posh" area. Come to think of it, that place reminds me of a place in Wembley I used to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
                      No worse than my mate's estate in Glasgow. And he's supposed to live in the "posh" area. Come to think of it, that place reminds me of a place in Wembley I used to live in.
                      Glasgow , and posh just dont mix matey

Comment

I'm still vaguely wondering what the point of the post was. A portrayal of shoddy American construction... or shoddy Chinese upkeep.

My best friend lives in a beautiful home North of Chicago made in the 1920's... the architecture is magnificent, there are details like copper flash and trim with patina, and it is a wonderful home - because it was lovingly maintained over the years.

Comment

Working...
                        X