No announcement yet.

God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening

Hey guys i'm just researching ancient stuff and I have a question.

Reading this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

The part:
    The years in the wilderness
    When the people arrived at Marah, the water was bitter, causing the people to murmur against Moses. Moses cast a tree into the water, and the water became sweet.[50][51] Later in the journey the people began running low on supplies and again murmured against Moses and Aaron and said they would have preferred to die in Egypt, but God's provision of manna from the sky in the morning and quail in the evening took care of the situation.[52][53] When the people camped in Rephidim, there was no water, so the people complained again and said, "Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst?" Moses struck a rock with his staff, and water came forth.
    Do they refer to Quail as in the bird? The bird that is still around today and eaten by folks?

Quail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quail

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
    Hey guys i'm just researching ancient stuff and I have a question.

Reading this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

The part:

Do they refer to Quail as in the bird? The bird that is still around today and eaten by folks?

Quail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quail
    They would have needed plenty of them. It would be interesting to find out if quail come from that part of the world.:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      They would have needed plenty of them. It would be interesting to find out if quail come from that part of the world.:)
      I know they fly long distance, well, the japanese quails do.

So they are referring to Quail as in the birds right? What other animals do you think exhisted from then?

Comment

Well, if the good lord could handle the whole creating the Universe thing, then I am certain getting a few hundred thousand quail together wouldn't present much of a challenge. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
          I know they fly long distance, well, the japanese quails do.

So they are referring to Quail as in the birds right? What other animals do you think exhisted from then?
          Well, if the word says 'manna in the morning and quail in the evening' who are we to say otherwise, but you would have needed thousands of them. If this went on night after night there must have been millions of them

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
            Well, if the good lord could handle the whole creating the Universe thing, then I am certain getting a few hundred thousand quail together wouldn't present much of a challenge. :)
            You would have thought the Good Lord would have come up with something more substantial than wafers and scrawny birds:)

Comment

Amen to that.

Comment

Well, if the word says 'manna in the morning and quail in the evening' who are we to say otherwise, but you would have needed thousands of them. If this went on night after night there must have been millions of them
                millions of quail lol imagine eating that every night. I can't even stand eating chicken 3 days in a row

Comment

You would have thought the Good Lord would have come up with something more substantial than wafers and scrawny birds:)

I would have ended up being left in the desert after asking if God could provide me with a bucket of fried chicken. :)

Comment

I would have ended up being left in the desert after asking if God could provide me with a bucket of fried chicken. :)
                    lolll ahh, the tempts of the devil :P

Comment

Working...
                    X