No announcement yet.

Elite Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sorry i would like to answer that question and apologise for the confusion.

I was what i now termed a Late Course applicant, i joined after completing my University studies, i joined at a late age of 21, while my fellow compatriots usually joined at 19 or 20 after completing thier A-Levles. Entrents with degress usually have some of the entery procedures dampend, but you still go through the ISSB, and Kakul Academy. Your Usual starting rank can be upto Major, depending on your skills.

I would have if i wanted could have been given posting to 111 Inf (MECH), RWP.
    After a word with a few top brass, who happened to be family friends i was assigned to one of the various subordinate units that operate under the Ministery of Interior, although these units are still part of the army, they serve a double purpose, specially related to our internal threats... Beyond that i cannot disclose.

Yes i know its confusing, but because of the current situation and my position, the full details of what i do, i cannot disclose... But i am sure you get the general picture.

All i can say is the perks are great! ;), you meet great people and the best part..... Altough i still get paid only 22,000 ruppees a month, i have more respect, espically among professionals then your common army captain, most of whome waste their comission and never go past major .

Anyway, i hope this will suffice, if you ever come to Pakistan, please do drop me a line.

One of the directors at Islamabad Police Training School recently held a demo for Foreign Law Enforcement Delegates on our new EOD Unit based in RWP (PART of PAK AMRY ENGNRS), the best bit was the looks on their faces when they had to try on the EOD suits, it was a hoot.
    Last edited by Hawk_eye; 20 Nov 04,, 03:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_eye
      After a word with a few top brass, who happened to be family friends i was assigned to one of the various subordinate units that operate under the Ministery of Interior, ...
      God fathers in the army are really helpful:). A pity I did'nt have any. Don't worry the info you gave is sufficient, we shall not press you furter. 'Coz we know that you Interior Ministry is like our Home Ministry, some of the army/paramilitary units under them are quite hush hush. So I guess the same would be your case.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Good for you Hawk.

My father who was in the Army didn't help me. Too Biritish in upbringing.

My bad luck.

It is extraordinary that the first rank is a Major, which is a field rank. It must be that you have qualifications that was really good and rare.

Hoever, no offence meant, unless you work up from the bottom, it is awfully difficult.

Many of our big dads are 'time slotters' i.e. mandatory time in command and pass that without any hassle and with ji huzoori and rise.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          Good for you Hawk.

My father who was in the Army didn't help me. Too Biritish in upbringing.

My bad luck.

It is extraordinary that the first rank is a Major, which is a field rank. It must be that you have qualifications that was really good and rare.

Hoever, no offence meant, unless you work up from the bottom, it is awfully difficult.

Many of our big dads are 'time slotters' i.e. mandatory time in command and pass that without any hassle and with ji huzoori and rise.
          Yes, i am quite fond of the old army chaps, they really were a breed apart. As for the starting Rank of Major; this is more or less dependent on your experience and qulifications. Like i said, the eqiuilivance of my rank is that of an army Captian or Grade 17 gazetted officer. These ranks vary and depend on what you have to offer, as in experience or qulifications/expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_eye
            Yes, i am quite fond of the old army chaps, they really were a breed apart. As for the starting Rank of Major; this is more or less dependent on your experience and qulifications. Like i said, the eqiuilivance of my rank is that of an army Captian or Grade 17 gazetted officer. These ranks vary and depend on what you have to offer, as in experience or qulifications/expertise.

Good for you.

Keep you nose clean.

And do your country proud.

God Bless.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
              Good for you.

Keep you nose clean.

And do your country proud.

God Bless.
              Thankyou.. :)

Comment

Hawk eye

I do hope we meet some day over a drink or coffee/tea or whatever is your poison.:)

The same for you Ray and Colonel, sirs.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Sure, would love it.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I would be delighted. :)

Comment

I'll bring the scotch.

Comment

I'll bring the women...

Comment

FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE,

MIKE TWO ONE,

Read this LIMA CHARLEY. M A R R I E D ... W I T H C H I L D R E N !

*** Oh, didn't see you there, darling. Of course not, we're a bunch of old farts. No one is going to bring women. What, you think I could afford another one after you ... I ain't going to sleep tonight ***
                          Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 23 Nov 04,, 05:28.

Comment

I never said i'd tell your wife....just that i'd bring the women.

What's your favorite flavor? Blonde, brunette, or redhead? ;)

Comment

Snipe,

Medicine would be required. Starts with 'V'.

Got me?

The favourite colour is "Blackeye" ;) :)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

LOL!

We can hook ya up with some V Sir. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X